What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tad Boyle's comments on beating Sean Miller amid FBI investigation

i thought that was an awesome statement after the fact---he said he respects the head coaches and that he supports the criminal investigations. that is ****ing awesome shade.

i like boyle. i hope he stays here forever.

I’ve criticized Boyle on this site some as I would like a more consistent tourney prescence and real chance to win a few games in the tourney every now and again. However, putting himself out there on this FBI thing against Zona and USC is pretty freaking awesome. I’m on board with the hope he stays forever. I like that he is playing by the rules and having sucess. Over time, as his reputation grows, it can get better and better. Seems like a good guy who cares about the kids, basketball and academics. Go Buffs!

Did you guys see the indignant reaction from Sean Miller and Andy Enfield after hearing Tad's comments; and how they expressed outrage& insisted that their programs were clean?
Yeah, neither did I.

Until today...
so why would Enfield react AT ALL, much less by going full Nixon on us with the old "hearsay, innuendo, and the implication of guilt by association" B.S.?
l

Tad wants a take back. Is he concerned about extra motivation for USC this week?

I think you misread Tad's statement. He didn't retract anything. He didn't apologize for anything. All he said is he gave an honest answer and that he should have mentioned that he appreciates the job the FBI and the NCAA are doing.

It'd be nice to move on from this, but we still have to go to Tucson in a couple weeks.

It'd be nice to move on from this, but we still have to go to Tucson in a couple weeks.
Disagree. The point Tad was making needs to be made over and over again. USC and Arizona cheat, and that's why those programs have been reasonably successful the past few seasons. Tad stoking rivalries with Pac-12 foes is a good thing. The student section better be full, loud and drunk come Feb 21.

Disagree. The point Tad was making needs to be made over and over again. USC and Arizona cheat, and that's why those programs have been reasonably successful the past few seasons. Tad stoking rivalries with Pac-12 foes is a good thing. The student section better be full, loud and drunk come Feb 21.

whereas the lateness of the game could help with the drunk part, it will impact the full part

Arizona has been reasonably successful for a long time. USC not so much. What's going on now will be a slap on the wrist to the programs involved, and everyone will move on. Fine if Tad wants to get on his soapbox about it, but it won't change anything, and will only serve to direct vitriol towards his program.

Arizona has been reasonably successful for a long time. USC not so much. What's going on now will be a slap on the wrist to the programs involved, and everyone will move on. Fine if Tad wants to get on his soapbox about it, but it won't change anything, and will only serve to direct vitriol towards his program.
Folks around the country now know who Tad Boyle is, and that CU has a basketball program. They also know what Tad stands for. It's good publicity. The vitriol comes from Coach Hollywood, the few USC fans that exist and the entitled Zona fans. What's wrong with that? It just makes things sweeter when CU beats those teams. Would you rather have no rivalries and have Tad keep his mouth shut?

Folks around the country now know who Tad Boyle is, and that CU has a basketball program. They also know what Tad stands for. It's good publicity. The vitriol comes from Coach Hollywood, the few USC fans that exist and the entitled Zona fans. What's wrong with that? It just makes things sweeter when CU beats those teams. Would you rather have no rivalries and have Tad keep his mouth shut?
Agreed with this. Tad's the ****ing man, and we need more hate for P12 teams in our lives

I'm unfortunately with Scotch on this one, in that we have no idea if any of the programs will really get punished, or what the ultimate findings will be. I'd love it if this all led to MAJOR upheavals and a reset of our college sports system, but it's likely not going to happen. In practically all matters of life, one has to be political and wise in dealing with people, and in Tad's case the public. I don't think there was anything wrong with what he said, but I do think everyone needs to move on from these statements. I don't think he's trying to make enemies, and I doubt he's going to publicly outcry against programs/coaches. Let it rest. Rivalries will be formed on the court, not coaching comments.

And also...let's not act holier-than-thou. We cannot be certain about the cleanliness (a relative term) of our athletic department. We'd like to think we're better... ...but I would not be surprised if we have done similar things, just to lesser magnitudes and frequency, as other departments.

Folks around the country involved in the sport already know who Boyle is. GMAFB.

I'm unfortunately with Scotch on this one, in that we have no idea if any of the programs will really get punished, or what the ultimate findings will be. I'd love it if this all led to MAJOR upheavals and a reset of our college sports system, but it's likely not going to happen. In practically all matters of life, one has to be political and wise in dealing with people, and in Tad's case the public. I don't think there was anything wrong with what he said, but I do think everyone needs to move on from these statements. I don't think he's trying to make enemies, and I doubt he's going to publicly outcry against programs/coaches. Let it rest. Rivalries will be formed on the court, not coaching comments.

And also...let's not act holier-than-thou. We cannot be certain about the cleanliness (a relative term) of our athletic department. We'd like to think we're better... ...but I would not be surprised if we have done similar things, just to lesser magnitudes and frequency, as other departments.

If we'd have signed Tyler Dorsey I'm sure AllBuffs would have been vocal of their disapproval on the methods to get it done.

Yeah, because coaches calling each other out in the press should totally be encouraged.
“It’s ironic we’re playing Arizona. I’ve got great respect for Sean Miller and the type of coach he is. They recruit very, very well. USC has recruited very, very well. The two most talented teams in our league from top to bottom are USC and Arizona. So, hell yes there’s extra satisfaction. I’ve got great respect for Sean, helluva coach. I’ve got great respect for Andy Enfield. But to answer your question: hell yes.”

Sorry, Tad didn't call anyone out.

I actually agree with benito - I don't want sterility in my sports. It is good that Tad was emotional and spoke up. Why is that a problem?

I'm sure he is beyond frustrated with seeing someone like Battey get punished for the weirdest technicality, while meanwhile the schools he's competing against are out there bending and breaking the rules to keep their advantage over him. I have no problem with him saying it feels good to beat schools like that.

I'm guessing most average college basketball fans had never heard the name Tad Boyle until last Saturday.

Unless the average college basketball fan is the parent of a blue chip player that isn't looking to get paid because the family feels it immoral to do so.... then so what?

“It’s ironic we’re playing Arizona. I’ve got great respect for Sean Miller and the type of coach he is. They recruit very, very well. USC has recruited very, very well. The two most talented teams in our league from top to bottom are USC and Arizona. So, hell yes there’s extra satisfaction. I’ve got great respect for Sean, helluva coach. I’ve got great respect for Andy Enfield. But to answer your question: hell yes.”

Sorry, Tad didn't call anyone out.

LOL! Yeah he did. Go back and listen to the press conference again. He wasn't asked about USC or Enfield, he brought that up on his own. He was specifically asked about Arizona and Sean Miller.

If we'd have signed Tyler Dorsey I'm sure AllBuffs would have been vocal of their disapproval on the methods to get it done.

Exactly man...it's a completely ****ing broken system with coaches that try to figure out how to recruit the best within their moral compass. Some coaches don't give a **** at all and justify whatever means necessary, and others value the ideals and rules more... ... ...I was a bit disillusioned about the situation until the FBI announcement, and now, I'm not going to throw stones at anyone.

Yeah, because coaches calling each other out in the press should totally be encouraged.
Competitiveness and fair competition should be first and foremost in athletics at all levels. Tad is speaking up for the programs who are tired of getting kicked in the teeth by coaches who want to skirt the rules. This should be encouraged.

Also, conflict makes for great sports. Think about the Celts v. Lakers, Knicks v. Bulls, Red Sox v Yankees...etc.

Back