What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tad has to go

Ricardo Patton made CU fun to watch
Ricardo Patton topped 20+ wins
Ricardo Patton took CU to the NIT
Ricardo Patton took CU to the NCAA tournament
Ricardo Patton took CU as far in the NCAA tournament (2nd round) as Tad ever has

So why is it you wouldn't love to see Ricardo Patton in Boulder for the foreseeable future?
Because he's sh@tty coach. What don't you understand? Decent recruiter. Bad coach.

folks, I'll remind you this site has "ignore" functionality.

Tad sucks - lets overreact to a classic let down game. while we are at it lets act like Drew Lock (sp?) is the truth because he won a letdown game.

folks, I'll remind you this site has "ignore" functionality.

Tad sucks - lets overreact to a classic let down game. while we are at it lets act like Drew Lock (sp?) is the truth because he won a letdown game.

What is the overreaction after beating Dayton on a buzzer beater? Extending his contract again?

What is the overreaction for Drew Lock winning every game he's started but KC, in December, on the road? Just curious. Only 'cause he's starting to look like the truth.

“Coach for life.” That’s an interesting term. Has any coach, anywhere, in any sport been deemed “Coach for life?” “Coach for life” is something that sort of evolves and isn’t some sudden declaration.

One day Tad will be in his late 60’s and still coaching the Buffs on a 2 year extension and we will realize, “Wow! Tad will retire after coaching the Buffs for 25 years!”
Coach Mac

“Coach for life.” That’s an interesting term. Has any coach, anywhere, in any sport been deemed “Coach for life?” “Coach for life” is something that sort of evolves and isn’t some sudden declaration

Yeah. I'm sure Bill could stay in NE as long as he wanted....but that's rare. The Knicks would have let Pat Riley run the show there forever before he got ownership points in Miami and bolted....

Should we point out to people that want Tad gone that CU coaches pretty much automatically get 1-yr extensions every December?

Hey OP
giphy.gif

so are any calls for him to be fired. Criticism is always fair but this thread is stupid
So... the criticism hasn’t been overcome? I won’t belabor the points, but nothing the Colorado team has done so far this year does anything to overcome the notion that Coach Boyle hasn’t been effective at meeting Colorado’s goals in the past three seasons. What I think this thread demonstrates is a disagreement about standards more than anything else. I’d hardly call that stupid.

So... the criticism hasn’t been overcome? I won’t belabor the points, but nothing the Colorado team has done so far this year does anything to overcome the notion that Coach Boyle hasn’t been effective at meeting Colorado’s goals in the past three seasons. What I think this thread demonstrates is a disagreement about standards more than anything else. I’d hardly call that stupid.

I said he is not above criticism but after what the team and he has done so far this season is making you look silly. Just stop at this point and admit you are wrong about your assertions. And at this point, it is stupid

I said he is not above criticism but after what the team and he has done so far this season is making you look silly. Just stop at this point and admit you are wrong about your assertions. And at this point, it is stupid
I have not made any incorrect assertions. By my standard (which is Colorado making the NCAA tournament) he’s been a failure for three straight seasons. You have lower standards, but that’s not the stupid part? Cool story.

I have not made any incorrect assertions. By my standard (which is Colorado making the NCAA tournament) he’s been a failure for three straight seasons. You have lower standards, but that’s not the stupid part? Cool story.

You are being stupid and try to enjoy the ride this year. This has been the best 10 year stretch of b-ball for Colorado ever. So yea, my standards are to see it getting better and it has. It appears that three year stretch of not playing in the NCAA tournament, even though we have played in the post season, is going to come to an end. If that happens maybe you will finally be happy. Sorry you have to go down this rabbit hole during one of the best stretches of ball in quite while.

Enjoy your sour grapes because you have very little to criticize at this point this season which is the most recent success for the best coach we have had. I am done with this ridiculous discussion

You are being stupid and try to enjoy the ride this year. This has been the best 10 year stretch of b-ball for Colorado ever. So yea, my standards are to see it getting better and it has. It appears that three year stretch of not playing in the NCAA tournament, even though we have played in the post season, is going to come to an end. If that happens maybe you will finally be happy. Sorry you have to go down this rabbit hole during one of the best stretches of ball in quite while.

Enjoy your sour grapes because you have very little to criticize at this point this season which is the most recent success for the best coach we have had. I am done with this ridiculous discussion
You wrote that I indicated things that are factually incorrect, but haven’t pointed the specifics. Now you’re couching the discussion in previous successes, which is all that the Tad for Life crew has.

In modern college sports at the highest levels, the kind of lackluster results Colorado has experienced would normally lead to termination. But not for the Tad for Lifers.

You are right: this discussion is stupid. You don’t think the coach has to do much in order to keep his job. I do. It’s okay to disagree, but the thread isn’t dumb just because you have low standards.

I’m with you Brad! The next decade starts this year with a PAC12 title and surprise showing in the Sweet Sixteen. 2021 is a surprise when both Bey and Kin come back. Dallas Walton enters 2021 season fully healthy. Schwartz, Maddox’ Battey, Parquet, and Kountz continue to develop and Barthelemy is a star right out of the gate. 2021 ends with our First Final Four appearance since 1942!

Of course, this translates into wild recruiting success and we land our first two 5* playerS since Chauncey Billups. We then proceed to take our rightful spot on the thrown of the PAC12.

We conclude the decade in 2030 off a historic run Of 7 Sweet 16s, 4 Final Four appearances and One National Championship in 2027 I think.

Can’t ya just see it. And a side note, the allbuffs board is blowing up calling for Tads job cuz we should have two Nattys

Meanwhile, Most of AllBuffs is forever caught in up in Political VLog. The 2032 Presidential Election is around the corner. The latest AllBuff technology is a life size avatar, where the emotional responses of the posters are translated through state of the art AI technology into an arena that loosely represents the Casa Bonita parking lot.

The issue of this day is After wrapping up DT Jrs second term. “We are not a f*ckin monarchy.“ We cannot Elect the first woman President and be another F*ckin trump.

“I know Ivanka was not born in this ****ing country”. “When we’re all these god damn walls built” The Left leaners are represented by an opaque and androgynous being in this virtual world and fortunately can virtually Pass through any wall.

I just want watch some hoop, those fights in the Casa Bonita auditorium just wear me out

Anyone else notice one of the articles talking about Tad’s extension called it a “perpetual”contract. Funny.

Back