What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tad has to go

He could win a national championship and we'd have folks posting in that game thread that they think he has peaked and want to see how he does next season.

I have my 2022 post ready to go.

Great game last night. We are champions!!!! but we gotta clean some things up.

- We shot 35% from 3 in the first half, Good thing we got some lucky bounces to get it to 43% by the end of the game. When is Tad gonna recruit somebody that can hit it from outside?
- 12 turnovers???? Is that the most ever in a championship game.
- When Duke cut the deficit from 15 to 6 in the second half because we missed 5 free throws in a row and 7 of 10, I almost pulled my hair out. Why are free throws so hard for this team?

The bottom line is we gotta clean some stuff up if we want to four peat. I say extend Tad one more year and see how it goes, but he is on thin ice in my book.

I have not made any incorrect assertions. By my standard (which is Colorado making the NCAA tournament) he’s been a failure for three straight seasons. You have lower standards, but that’s not the stupid part? Cool story.
By my standard (which is consistently posting salient points that can be learned from and smartly debated with a minimum of obstinate defense of points that are clearly wrong) you’ve been a failure for most of this season (there have been A few notable exceptions). You clearly have lower standards. Are we at the stupid part yet?

By my standard (which is consistently posting salient points that can be learned from and smartly debated with a minimum of obstinate defense of points that are clearly wrong) you’ve been a failure for most of this season (there have been A few notable exceptions). You clearly have lower standards. Are we at the stupid part yet?
Yes, you are stupid.

16/17 was disappointing. But 17/18 our roster had Freshmen Wright IV, Bey, Schwartz and Battey and Sophomore Siewert. We were super young. Last year we were playing well enough at the end of the year to make the tournament with these young guys. Tad has done a great job building the current roster. This thread is stupid.

Is there some good reason that this thread hasn't been closed? I can only imagine what prospective recruits are thinking about the support CU fans (as represented here) and what future Tad has at CU. At least send it to Barzil ... with the added benefit that the moronic OP won't be able to access it without becoming a Club member.

Is there some good reason that this thread hasn't been closed? I can only imagine what prospective recruits are thinking about the support CU fans (as represented here) and what future Tad has at CU. At least send it to Barzil ... with the added benefit that the moronic OP won't be able to access it without becoming a Club member.
We need this thread for when we lose a game.

Lazy 1* mods.

The OSU game loss was solely all poor coaching. Can’t adjust to the zone, 15 turnovers, and a lack of mental focus. Yet this fan base thinks Tad Boyle is a coaching god. What a joke.

The OSU game loss was solely all poor coaching. Can’t adjust to the zone, 15 turnovers, and a lack of mental focus. Yet this fan base thinks Tad Boyle is a coaching god. What a joke.
He is not a coaching god, but he is the best coach we have ever had.

He is not a coaching god, but he is the best coach we have ever had.

False. Tad is not even the 2nd best ever. Sox Walseth, Frosty Cox, and Bebe Lee have all accomplished far more than Tad. Stop disrespecting Buffs with your ignorance. CU has multiple Final 4’s, multiple Elite 8’s, and 5 AP top 25 finishes. It’s year 10 and Tad has none of that.

C80806E6-CD17-46DF-B32D-55F80C74D6C1.jpeg

False. Tad is not even the 2nd best ever. Sox Walseth, Frosty Cox, and Bebe Lee have all accomplished far more than Tad. Stop disrespecting Buffs with your ignorance. CU has multiple Final 4’s, multiple Elite 8’s, and 5 AP top 25 finishes. It’s year 10 and Tad has none of that.

View attachment 33353
Yeah. CU has such a proud basketball history. Are you serious? A bunch of pre-1970 irrelevant stuff, Chauncey and then the Tad era.

View attachment 33353
You do know, back then, the NCAA tournament was NOT the one you wanted to be in right?

Yeah. CU has such a proud basketball history. Are you serious? A bunch of pre-1970 irrelevant stuff, Chauncey and then the Tad era.

Aren't you the guy who wants Tad to be coach for life? His teams can not handle even a little bit of success, yet CU extends him every year.

In fact, CU has perpetual mediocrity with Boyle, and it's never going to change. Not a single Top 4 finish in the PAC 12, nor Sweet 16 performance in almost 10 years. Not a consistently good recruiter, can't coach offense against a zone and may have limited success, but only at home or as an underdog.

Boyle's teams are never going anywhere - a few big wins here and there, but at the end of the day, his teams have very little upside. But, that's clearly good enough for the CU Administration and many CU fans.

Aren't you the guy who wants Tad to be coach for life? His teams can not handle even a little bit of success, yet CU extends him every year.

In fact, CU has perpetual mediocrity with Boyle, and it's never going to change. Not a single Top 4 finish in the PAC 12, nor Sweet 16 performance in almost 10 years. Not a consistently good recruiter, can't coach offense against a zone and may have limited success, but only at home or as an underdog.

Boyle's teams are never going anywhere - a few big wins here and there, but at the end of the day, his teams have very little upside. But, that's clearly good enough for the CU Administration and many CU fans.
If he keeps averaging over 20 wins a season, making the post season 90% of the time and the Dance more years than not... I think that unless financial support and in-state talent changes that going away from Tad would be an absolute "grass is not always greener" / "victim of his own success" momentous mistake. Tad is very respected nationally for getting more out of less. I'm thankful to have him despite the frustration of days like today and some other missed opportunities (like Illinois & UConn in the tourney).

Which would be whom, that we could afford? Just curious.
I was told that monetary considerations were up to the AD.

BTW, if we have to keep a head coach that underperforms in a revenue sport because of budget, that’s not an argument for retaining that person.

Posting that we need to fire our 12 and 3 coach in the same week as defeating the #4 team in the nation is a special kind of fan
The Oregon win wasn’t an upset. Colorado was favored. Nice game. Then they followed it up by losing decisively to a team at home over whom they were favored by 8 points.

Boyle should be judged by being in the NCAA Tournament. Full stop. Losses like today make that mission a little more difficult, but still quite doable. Let’s just hope that we don’t have a near .500 or worse conference record again this season...

I was told that monetary considerations were up to the AD.

BTW, if we have to keep a head coach that underperforms in a revenue sport because of budget, that’s not an argument for retaining that person.
Fair enough. I don't know that it could be said he's underperformed, at least for this season, yet. Today was definitely a mess. I don't know if I buy Oregon wasn't an upset, favored or not. Anyway, if we struggle going forward, then I'd ask questions. Could have been something they didn't work on enough, being too happy with themselves because of the Oregon game, or just one of those games that happen sometimes. I'm in not happy with what I saw mode, not panic mode.

Back