What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tad has to go

Patton sucked duck and our basketball heritage hasnt been sh** ever...anyone who thinks tad should go is under 25 years old and doesnt understand Tad is the best thing to happen to CU basket ball ever

Polarized statements such as this are just as aggravating as ones from the counterpoint, such as the OP.

Patton sucked duck and our basketball heritage hasnt been sh** ever...anyone who thinks tad should go is under 25 years old and doesnt understand Tad is the best thing to happen to CU basket ball ever

Oh God, now you're gonna get @Scotch riled up.

For everyone crying about losses to Indiana State and Hawaii...
Liberty, Princeton, Texas Southern, San Francisco, Santa Clara, Montana State, Yale, and Seattle say hello.
We're 9-3, not 3-9. Context is always nice.

For everyone crying about losses to Indiana State and Hawaii...
Liberty, Princeton, Texas Southern, San Francisco, Santa Clara, Montana State, Yale, and Seattle say hello.
We're 9-3, not 3-9. Context is always nice.
Basketball version of the football bowl eligibility post?

We really shouldn’t go to the diamondhead anymore. Don’t deserve to go there. Are there any Nebraska b-ball tournaments for us?

Polarized statements such as this are just as aggravating as ones from the counterpoint, such as the OP.
True...I was drunk. But it's seems misplaced to believe Buffs basketball has ever been better without Tad. There is not a lot of parity in College Basketball, there are a handful of elite teams and then there are the rest. CU is not and has never been UNC, Duke, Arizona and Kansas...but having a coach (like Tad) who is great at player development, is great for CU, wants to be here, keeps us competitive, and has beat the KU's and Arizona's is a gift not to be overlooked.

Patton sucked duck is a bit harsh. Neither he or Tad has a Sweet 16 appearance. I love Tad as I loved Patton, but around the 10 year mark it's time to explore some other options. We need a damn team that makes some noise. We need to heighten these standards dammit!!! Okay, I may be just a bit frustrated.

Patton sucked duck is a bit harsh. Neither he or Tad has a Sweet 16 appearance. I love Tad as I loved Patton, but around the 10 year mark it's time to explore some other options. We need a damn team that makes some noise. We need to heighten these standards dammit!!! Okay, I may be just a bit frustrated.
The bolded part is frustrating because Tad's first year had Sweet 16 potential (thanks NCAA committee!), Dinwiddie's last year had Sweet 16 potential (thanks Washington!) and even the P12 tourney championship was on track to make it if that guy on Baylor didn't have the 10 minutes of his life. We've had the talent to make it several times.

The faster Boyle is gone the better. We need a fresh start in the absolute worst way.- this team and program (due to terrible recruiting) is regressing quickly.

...****ing A...can we close this thread? Nothing new is going to be said, and the whole topic is annoying...

What’s really annoying is the poor recruiting, habitual mediocrity and endless bad play on the road from Boyle’s teams.

...****ing A...can we close this thread? Nothing new is going to be said, and the whole topic is annoying...
TornConsiderateEgret-small.gif

We really shouldn’t go to the diamondhead anymore. Don’t deserve to go there. Are there any Nebraska b-ball tournaments for us?
I’m thinking a Rocky Mountain tourney would be nice. A convenient way to dispose of Air Force, CSU, Wyoming, DU, New Mexico, UNC and another on a long weekend without having to bother playing each of them.

Boyle should stay. For at least another year. But these articles and posts about only a few legendary coaches who could possibly replace Tad Boyle are asinine. Yes, Gregg Popovich would be better than Boyle. Yes, we get the sarcasm. But what gets lost is the fact that there are other good coaches out there who would kill to move up to the CU job.

Boyle is such an upstanding guy. We can’t lose him. But we’ve got to right the ship here. It’s tough to create a compelling argument for another year of the same.

Last edited:
Firing Tad right now isn't going to change this season any, we are done.

We need RG to have the conversation with Tad now though. Discuss what Tad thinks is going wrong and what is his plan to change it. Establish some benchmarks, set some very specific goals in terms of recruiting. Essentially let Tad know that either something has to change and specifically state what that looks like or changes will be made.

The program under Tad started out great but in recent years it has been in decline. Tad has earned time to get to reasonable goals including NCAA tournament berths in most seasons but the direction of the program needs to be turned around now.

as much as i hate to admit ....im coming around to this....
Losing on the road to ASU by 22 isn’t that bad. Tad is a good guy with a rolling contract renewal. He deserves it. Recruiting has been on the uptick, including Alex Strating, Thomas Akyazili, Lazar (the 3 point laser) Nicolic and Kenan Guzonjic. Pac12 top to bottom gets harder every year. The player development has been good too. Collier, Miller-Stewart, Treshawn Fletcher, Ja’Ron Hopkins, Deleon Brown all improved leaps and bounds.

Losing on the road to ASU by 22 isn’t that bad. Tad is a good guy with a rolling contract renewal. He deserves it. Recruiting has been on the uptick, including Alex Strating, Thomas Akyazili, Lazar (the 3 point laser) Nicolic and Kenan Guzonjic. Pac12 top to bottom gets harder every year. The player development has been good too. Collier, Miller-Stewart, Treshawn Fletcher, Ja’Ron Hopkins, Deleon Brown all improved leaps and bounds.

Recruiting on the uptick? Collier?

There's been a seismic shift in applying math to basketball over the last 5 years. It goes deeper than just shooting more 3's. It's about identifying the most valuable shot locations e.g. the corner 3 is worth 1.3 pts per attempt while a post-up is worth .78 pts per attempt

Josh Scott was a great player, possibly all-time Buff. He is Tad's only top 100 recruit who lived up to it. Old school and earnest just like Tad. He could do a lot of different things but his game was mostly post-ups and long 2's. He may have been drafted if he was born 5-7 years earlier. Instead, post-ups and long 2's went extinct in the NBA.

I bring Josh Scott up to say that, like him, Tad is very good at what he does and it can continue to bring some success but the lengths of which are severely capped in the new world order. Warming up to using a little zone on defense in 2017 is like warming up to using email because you got your first smartphone.

Back