What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The 2021-2022 Coaching Carousel

The performances against UCLA and Wazzu (we got our ass kicked in both those games) in 2019 confirmed that. Tucker also taking the easy way out and leaving after a year does too-but keep up the verbal blowjobs!
You got PSU ML big?

The performances against UCLA and Wazzu (we got our ass kicked in both those games) in 2019 confirmed that. Tucker also taking the easy way out and leaving after a year does too-but keep up the verbal blowjobs!
Can’t be an elite coach if you have some big losses in your first season as a head coach - Fact!

Hey did you know Saban got beat by Lousiana Monroe in his first season at Bama? He also got mud holed by a bad Wisconsin team his first year in East Lansing. And easy way out?? Hell yeah he did, he got a huge raise to coach at a place that is now paying him $9.5M a year - that’s a level of commitment CU can’t even sniff, so he definitely made the right decision.

You’re embarrassing yourself now BTW.

Cincinnati doesn’t play a P5 schedule, but yes I do think they deserve to play in the CFP if they finish undefeated. They handed Notre Dame their only loss in South Bend and have dominated the rest of their schedule. For my money, the top 4 will be Georgia, tOSU/Michigan winner, Cincinnati, and one of OU/Okie St/Notre Dame depending who wins out. Bama would get the 4th spot with a win over Georgia and in that case Georgia still probably makes it in if the game is close.

Your problem is that you were so adamant that Tucker was a fraud early in the season that you’re now scrambling for stats to avoid having to admit he’s a pretty decent coach. I don’t expect you ever to actually admit it, but you look like a fool trying to rationalize your position now.
Lot of jilted lovers here hating on Tucker. I don't like him as a person but he is proving that he knows how to be a winning coach.

He left CU better than he found it, had we supported him and figured out how to keep him I have no doubts that we would be a much better program than we are now.

The program he took over at Michigan State wasn't devoid of talent but it was in turmoil as they hadn't planned on making the coaching change.

So people are putting him down for losing two games this year. He lost to a pretty talented Michigan team with an established coaching staff and a head coach who is well respected even though he has struggled some there. He also got blown out by Ohio State. Buckeyes were wanting to make a statement and they have what is either the second or third most talented roster in college football after Georgia and maybe Bama. They are loaded with guys who will be getting playing for paychecks within the next couple years.

To truly be successful at Michigan State he will need to be consistently beating Michigan, Penn State, etc. and figure out how to beat Ohio State but for a guy in his second year at the program he's done pretty well. Their boosters seem to agree being willing to fund a massive contract to keep him.

Generally I don't believe that G5 programs belong in the playoff. You earn your way in playing a quality schedule, not just a couple notable games.

Cincinnati though this year has the Notre Dame win and as you stated dominated in a tough G5 league. That along with the lack of 4 P5 programs with truly outstanding resumes gives them a good argument. You can find 2 or even 3 P5 teams with solid arguments to be included but not four who are better this year.

Their results though in the playoff will have some bearing on how G5 teams are looked at in the future. Get thoroughly outclassed and it might be hard to put another G5 in for a while.

Can’t be an elite coach if you have some big losses in your first season as a head coach - Fact!

Hey did you know Saban got beat by Lousiana Monroe in his first season at Bama? He also got mud holed by a bad Wisconsin team his first year in East Lansing. And easy way out?? Hell yeah he did, he got a huge raise to coach at a place that is now paying him $9.5M a year - that’s a level of commitment CU can’t even sniff, so he definitely made the right decision.

You’re embarrassing yourself now BTW.
And you don't with your love of all things Mel?

Obviously, but the coaches willingly accepting those extensions and pay increases is what confuses me, particularly at a place like Baylor. It’s not like SC, LSU or Florida aren’t able to offer the same kind of $$$ and support that Baylor, Penn State or Michigan State can.

Just feels like some coaches are starting to take the “lower stress”/“lower expectations” type of route. LSU is a top 5-7 job, but it’s a major pressure cooker as is Florida.
Did you watch Klatt on the Herd this week? He made a really good point along these lines-used Gundy (who has been at Oklahoma State so long that Klatt played against him) and Whittingham as examples. I can have a great run in one spot, make more money than I need, and not have to deal with the pressure cooker that LSU/Florida are or the bull**** that comes along with coaching at USC.

I think we're looking at Florida in a weird way-If Joel is right and they get Napier, that's a damn good hire.

Last edited:
I’m upset he left too, but I’m not going to act like a jilted ex-girlfriend by pretending he’s an awful coach. He’s a good coach and he left us in the lurch - deal with it.
Meh. Call me crazy, but I believe integrity still matters.....and he doesn't have any of it. **** him. If you don't like my opinions on him, I really don't give a ****. Feel free to use the ignore button on me.

Meh. Call me crazy, but I believe integrity still matters.....and he doesn't have any of it. **** him. If you don't like my opinions on him, I really don't give a ****. Feel free to use the ignore button on me.
Fine if you want to question his integrity, but you’re trying to claim he’s a fraud and his team isn’t legit is a different discussion.

I don’t want to ignore you, it’s more fun to crush you.

Fine if you want to question his integrity, but you’re trying to claim he’s a fraud and his team isn’t legit is a different discussion.

I don’t want to ignore you, it’s more fun to crush you.
Yeah I don't give a damn about those two takes-He is a fraud. You don't do a booster event at one school while you're negotiating a new contract with another. Period. His team's not as good as their record says they are-you and I have had this discussion. I think they'd lose to Iowa, Wisconsin, and maybe Minnesota too.

Yeah I don't give a damn about those two takes-He is a fraud. You don't do a booster event at one school while you're negotiating a new contract with another. Period. His team's not as good as their record says they are-you and I have had this discussion. I think they'd lose to Iowa, Wisconsin, and maybe Minnesota too.
Yikes. I hope one day we find a fraud of a coach who can get us 9 wins.

My goodness, maybe USC, LSU and Florida aren’t that attractive in the coaching community
While not referring to you in particular, I think that there are a number of Allbuffs folk, and other college football fans, that overestimate the attractiveness of the USC HC job. USC will hire a qualified guy and possibly kind of a “name” guy, but it won’t have a long list to choose from.

Cincinnati had two score+ leads going into the 4th quarter in both games and gave up some late scores. Their closest game has been the 7 point win over Navy where they carried a 17 point lead into the 4th quarter and gave up a touchdown with 50 seconds left in the game to get it within 7. The game was never in doubt.
K

Cincinnati doesn’t play a P5 schedule, but yes I do think they deserve to play in the CFP if they finish undefeated. They handed Notre Dame their only loss in South Bend and have dominated the rest of their schedule. For my money, the top 4 will be Georgia, tOSU/Michigan winner, Cincinnati, and one of OU/Okie St/Notre Dame depending who wins out. Bama would get the 4th spot with a win over Georgia and in that case Georgia still probably makes it in if the game is close.

Your problem is that you were so adamant that Tucker was a fraud early in the season that you’re now scrambling for stats to avoid having to admit he’s a pretty decent coach. I don’t expect you ever to actually admit it, but you look like a fool trying to rationalize your position now.
Agree with everything you said here. MT is a decent coach. Decent isn’t 9.5 million a year.

Lot of jilted lovers here hating on Tucker. I don't like him as a person but he is proving that he knows how to be a winning coach.

He left CU better than he found it, had we supported him and figured out how to keep him I have no doubts that we would be a much better program than we are now.

The program he took over at Michigan State wasn't devoid of talent but it was in turmoil as they hadn't planned on making the coaching change.

So people are putting him down for losing two games this year. He lost to a pretty talented Michigan team with an established coaching staff and a head coach who is well respected even though he has struggled some there. He also got blown out by Ohio State. Buckeyes were wanting to make a statement and they have what is either the second or third most talented roster in college football after Georgia and maybe Bama. They are loaded with guys who will be getting playing for paychecks within the next couple years.

To truly be successful at Michigan State he will need to be consistently beating Michigan, Penn State, etc. and figure out how to beat Ohio State but for a guy in his second year at the program he's done pretty well. Their boosters seem to agree being willing to fund a massive contract to keep him.

Generally I don't believe that G5 programs belong in the playoff. You earn your way in playing a quality schedule, not just a couple notable games.

Cincinnati though this year has the Notre Dame win and as you stated dominated in a tough G5 league. That along with the lack of 4 P5 programs with truly outstanding resumes gives them a good argument. You can find 2 or even 3 P5 teams with solid arguments to be included but not four who are better this year.

Their results though in the playoff will have some bearing on how G5 teams are looked at in the future. Get thoroughly outclassed and it might be hard to put another G5 in for a while.
MSU beat Michigan and lost to Purdue and OSU. Your points are still valid however.

Aranda signs a contract extension to stay at Baylor. The odds USC stays "within the family" for their next HC are now even higher. LOL.

Back