What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The 2021-2022 Coaching Carousel

So Oregon loses their coach well after the Buffs fire their OC, hire a new coach and get an OC before KD and RG can find an OC.
That’s because Lanning and Oregon are terrified of CU luring away their players via the portal. So they have to be on board and recruiting their current roster, or else. I’m sure that’s it.

In other news, Colorado man sticks hot fireplace pokers in eyes. Says it’s therapeutic.

Serious question, Does Miami still have the boosters to compete with the SEC NIL $$?
My feeling is that the high flying, party, hookers and blow crowd that funded the U during the eighties heyday has dried up.
What are your thoughts?
The very wealthy boosters who executed the plan to get Cristobal back to MIA have committed to paying for players to play for the U.

Must be nice to have a coach with a vision and plan. It does seem kinda business like and cold, but it is a business these days.

Wilcox has floated his name in just about every opening the last few years. Doesn't really make sense why he would turn it down unless he knows the expectations are unattainable.
He didn't even parlay it into an extension with CAL(yet). Also, as has been mentioned, this is from John Canzano, whose last source told him Lanning wasn't Oregon's coach. It's weird how the narrative all week goes from "Wilcox can't wait to get out of Berkeley" to this.

Oklahoma, Notre Dame and Ohio State aren't elite?
Your right, should've added a little qualifying verbiage. Big time programs don't hire someone from 'outside the organization with such a thin/limited background' coupled with no HC experience - is more in line for OU situation. This guy has what 2 years as DC at UGA? Of course maybe that's the best Ducks could do. Comical if Cal coach turned them down too.

Maintain still that the most blue of blood wouldn't voluntarily hand the keys to someone with no HC experience - who hadn't come up through the internal ranks like tOSU and sort of ND (1 year on job). Oklahoma is probably feeling okay about Venables given the long background at Clemson and all the past attempts by others to get him (but not so good on the whole given losing Riley and the realization that they are indeed 'touchable') Dabo came up through the internal ranks too it appears.

And of course Utah isn't 'Big time'. Though small market & 3 New Years Day bowls in 16 years is remarkable. That's Fiesta, Sugar, and Rose for those who may not know. Add the 'most weeks in cfp' statistic in cfp era to the above bowls and yeah, Utes have a good foundation to build on for coming years (barring a mediocre or worse successor to Whittingham). Harlan the AD seems pretty oblivious so not overly bullish on that. So there is my unsolicited $0.02 for your entertainment purposes.

This guy is saying it too. It doesn’t make sense to me that Wilcox would turn that job down.

The AJC report leaks early Saturday, then Feldman and others tweet countering it, and then we get the tweet announcing Lanning to Eugene Saturday afternoon. This is great news for the rest of the league, and here's why-

Oregon looks bad right now-The timing of the search makes sense what Canzano put out. They couldn't an alum who might have the toughest job in the Power 5 outside of Vanderbilt to take that gig-even with all those resources. Lanning's a hell of a candidate-but this is going to be used against him in a big way.
Cal looks bad because the rumors that around JW not being happy there are basically confirmed-his name got thrown around for our search in February 2020. I think we can chalk that up to Cal having less in terms of resources and more academic stuff than we do to deal with-which I'm sure he doesn't like. Fast forward to this year-Wilner tweeted a month or so ago saying he expected Wilcox to take the Washington job. He had to address UW's supposed interest in him. Now Canzano is saying he interviewed for the Oregon job. Why turn it down? Who the hell knows-probably comes to down a similar reason to the main one Riley was honest about when he got asked about why he left OU-he's at a place where he's got the opportunity to go down as the guy who turned USC around. Either way-If I'm Rick George and this team sputters at all coming out next year, I'm doing everything in my power to amass as much as I can to make a run at Wilcox. Damn good coach who has now shown he's open to listening to other jobs.

Your right, should've added a little qualifying verbiage. Big time programs don't hire someone from 'outside the organization with such a thin/limited background' coupled with no HC experience - is more in line for OU situation. This guy has what 2 years as DC at UGA? Of course maybe that's the best Ducks could do. Comical if Cal coach turned them down too.

Maintain still that the most blue of blood wouldn't voluntarily hand the keys to someone with no HC experience - who hadn't come up through the internal ranks like tOSU and sort of ND (1 year on job). Oklahoma is probably feeling okay about Venables given the long background at Clemson and all the past attempts by others to get him (but not so good on the whole given losing Riley and the realization that they are indeed 'touchable') Dabo came up through the internal ranks too it appears.

And of course Utah isn't 'Big time'. Though small market & 3 New Years Day bowls in 16 years is remarkable. That's Fiesta, Sugar, and Rose for those who may not know. Add the 'most weeks in cfp' statistic in cfp era to the above bowls and yeah, Utes have a good foundation to build on for coming years (barring a mediocre or worse successor to Whittingham). Harlan the AD seems pretty oblivious so not overly bullish on that. So there is my unsolicited $0.02 for your entertainment purposes.
F*cking Go Butes!

Back