What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The all-in-one Hawkins thread

Re: CU Denies Hawkins Report

Maybe there is a split between the "big donors"?

Hawk stating that he has the support of "big donors" and the Fowler comments about "the money being there" and the Regents making it clear that they will not be a hurdle if there is a plan in place and private donations.

Perhaps the power struggle is between big donors, some wanting Hawk to stay and others wanting him gone.

What would you do if you were Bohn or DiStefano if a faction of donors came to you and said "we'll chip in $5 million to the athletic dept if you fire him this year, but if you don't we will withdraw any future donations". Then an hour later another faction came to you and said "we'll donate $5 million for you to keep him for the length of his contract, and if you fire him now we will withdraw any future donations".

Tough dilemma, if that's what is happening.

Re: My take on this roller coaster ride we are on...

I don't think you will get that at CU. At least not in the near future. But football does have an indirect consequence...

What CU Football does do is they play in an Orange Bowl game in Miami or appear on TV and that gets a young man in Miami to sign up when the Admissions person from CU visits his high school. The rest is history. Said young man pays out state tuition for a time. Does that put books in your library? You bet it does.

sure. my point is that the AD does so out of it's profits, directly....i don't think that's how it works. which is often implicitly suggested in discussions like these....and why the pesky, commie faculty types should heel to the logic of bigtime sports.

also, for a public school CU has a pretty unusually high (in cost and number of students paying it) out of state tuition %.

All I know is if Nebraska stomps us on our homefield, and I have to put up with those retards flinging it in my face with glee, AND it is announced that Hawkins is coming back I will be so pissed and betrayed by CU it will truly become my own Black Friday.

Re: Paging Pissbomber ..... What Are You Hearing ?

For the first time in about a week, I'm having doubts.

Re: FootballCoachScoop: Hawkins coming back

Yup. Starting to look like DS stepped on Bohn's dick.

Wild-ass guess? Hawkins did not like the vibes he was getting from Bohn, and was picking up on the smoke signals coming through the media. Squawk runs to DS like a little biatch while the AD is out of town. Bohn finds out about it after the Channel 4 leak. Hopefully this pisses Bohn off to the point where he's not going to take 'no' for an answer when it comes to replacing Hawkins.

D-R-A-M-A
Or as Hawk would say, CONFLAMA :lol:

So whether he's fired or not, this site will be right and the first to report it...brilliant.

Maybe there is a split between the "big donors"?

Hawk stating that he has the support of "big donors" and the Fowler comments about "the money being there" and the Regents making it clear that they will not be a hurdle if there is a plan in place and private donations.

Perhaps the power struggle is between big donors, some wanting Hawk to stay and others wanting him gone.

What would you do if you were Bohn or DiStefano if a faction of donors came to you and said "we'll chip in $5 million to the athletic dept if you fire him this year, but if you don't we will withdraw any future donations". Then an hour later another faction came to you and said "we'll donate $5 million for you to keep him for the length of his contract, and if you fire him now we will withdraw any future donations".

Tough dilemma, if that's what is happening.

Why would they take 5 million from Fusker donors??:cool:

Not as of yet. I can tell you that all of my external sources have begun to waiver as well. I can't for the life of me figure out what happened though. It was a done deal! Unless DiStefano over ruled Bohn...I can't see how this could have happened.

Straight up...I was told by source #1 that it was done. It was confirmed by #2 and #3. It want far enough that supposedly Hawk was told.

This is a cluster ***** at this point I guess. Either the PR machine is working overtime or someone wants Hawkins back.

Yeah, every other coach in the MWC, WAC, MAC, and B12.:cool:

My guess is that there are a host of competing interests right now.

1. Hawk and/or his minions are floating teh "I'll be back" commnets to put pressure on the admin, and provide post-firing PR fodder.

2. The admin wants things sufficiently fuzzy so the "decision" will be a seen as a post-season evaluation of DH.

3. A rampant media out trying to outscoop each other.

4. DH is really going to be back.

5. DH is really NOT going to be back.

As we've learned during the juicebox era: We'll see.

Re: My take on this roller coaster ride we are on...

sure. my point is that the AD does so out of it's profits, directly....i don't think that's how it works. which is often implicitly suggested in discussions like these....and why the pesky, commie faculty types should heel to the logic of bigtime sports.

also, for a public school CU has a pretty unusually high (in cost and number of students paying it) out of state tuition %.

There has to be some correlation between the buyout figure and a percieved monetary loss to the university. An academic can point to the buyout as money better spent for academic purposes.....

Why would they take 5 million from Fusker donors??:cool:

Hopefully they will learn from the Fusker donors. kNU kept Cally one year after it was clear that he had lost direction with the team and the support of the fans and backers.

The result was very ugly with a coach in a situation were even if he had been able to improve things with the team there was no way he was going to change the sentiment around the program.

If Hawk is back next year this will get very ugly. Ticket sales will be way down, donations will be way down, recruits will stay away to avoid an ugly situation.

The fans will be looking for each and every opportunity to tear into him and the media will feed off of it. Anything short of a miracle turnaround will not be enough to change the situation and the negativity surrounding the program will make that miracle turnaround even more unlikely.

If he comes back next year, then I hope he wins and proves us all wrong

Not as of yet. I can tell you that all of my external sources have begun to waiver as well. I can't for the life of me figure out what happened though. It was a done deal! Unless DiStefano over ruled Bohn...I can't see how this could have happened.

Straight up...I was told by source #1 that it was done. It was confirmed by #2 and #3. It want far enough that supposedly Hawk was told.

This is a cluster ***** at this point I guess. Either the PR machine is working overtime or someone wants Hawkins back.

See my hypothosis in Barzil. :cool:

:wtf: hell that site has somethan new every day they dont know **** but i hope hawky is toast!!!!!!!!

:wtf: hell that site has somethan new every day they dont know **** but i hope hawky is toast!!!!!!!!
I think they just look on message boards and post what the find. They are, after all, journalists.

They are like those 1-800 insider gambling guys. They guarantee a winner. Then, for half the callers, they give you one team and half the callers get the other. So, half the people win. Then they call back and pay for more info. :lol:

by "just a general comment", i ment not directed at you but, just a comment in general. your point was simple enough. :smile2:

Sorry! I usually do not post in response to the trolling nibblets either and agree doing so only makes it worse. :smile:

The various insider and scoop websites are reporting that Bohn wants to terminate Hawkins but Distephano is overriding that decision.

If that is true, and if I was Mike Bohn, I would be sending in my resignation tomorrow.

2 hours...I will have answers.

And no offense, but with Obama as the president, I will not pay the $15.

That is some funny **** right there! :lol: Can not say as I blame you although I just renewed mine. The enjoyment I get out of the site is worth the $15. The guys running the site are not making money but can use it.

That is some funny **** right there! :lol: Can not say as I blame you although I just renewed mine. The enjoyment I get out of the site is worth the $15. The guys running the site are not making money but can use it.

This site has put my in a bigger hole then expected... RENEW YOU PUNKS! I HAVE A FAMILY TO FEED!! :lol:

The various insider and scoop websites are reporting that Bohn wants to terminate Hawkins but Distephano is overriding that decision.

If that is true, and if I was Mike Bohn, I would be sending in my resignation tomorrow.

truth.jpg

Send Your E-Mails NOW To Phil Di Stefano

sounds like he may be the reason Hawkins could stay for 2010....

He needs to know how keeping Hawk will cause a massive loss in

season ticket sales and lost revenue-

chancellor@colorado.edu

Back