What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The all-in-one Hawkins thread

Re: CU Denies Hawkins Report

They just denied the validity of a story that said Hawk was coming back. How else should we take it?
I see your point. But I think they are just trying to distance themselves from all the media stuff.

Re: Breaking News In Boulder

except you, right?

I admit I don't know jack. I know that my buddies in Maui are findout out nothing. Nothing. And they give more money than all of us put together I'd venture to guess. They hear the same things Bohn has publicly stated. He will evaluate things after Friday's game.

Publicly tearing down the guy while he's still our coach and still might be is pretty productive! Let's throw in some half truths, outright lies, unconfirmed rumors and make it really juicy. For good measure, let's start the rumor that Bill Belicek is interested in the job and let's see how many people we can turn that way!

The record is the record. Go Buffs, let's beat the Fuskers and figure it out after that. An evaluation of the body of work and the direction we are heading (along with consideration of the financial and political ramifications) will bring a straight-forward conclusion to this matter.

Re: Paging Pissbomber ..... What Are You Hearing ?

Let's get PB to pony up the $15 so we can get stuff like this into Barzil and avoid Corny asswipes. Also makes it easier to discuss these and other topics. Come on PB, pony up the $15.

(just a general comment)

if people would not respond to the asswipes, they would soon get bored and leave. :rolleyes:

(just a general comment)

if people would not respond to the asswipes, they would soon get bored and leave. :rolleyes:

Junction has been here too long to validate that theory :cool:

I admit I don't know jack. I know that my buddies in Maui are findout out nothing. Nothing. And they give more money than all of us put together I'd venture to guess. They hear the same things Bohn has publicly stated. He will evaluate things after Friday's game.

Publicly tearing down the guy while he's still our coach and still might be is pretty productive! Let's throw in some half truths, outright lies, unconfirmed rumors and make it really juicy. For good measure, let's start the rumor that Bill Belicek is interested in the job and let's see how many people we can turn that way!

The record is the record. Go Buffs, let's beat the Fuskers and figure it out after that. An evaluation of the body of work and the direction we are heading (along with consideration of the financial and political ramifications) will bring a straight-forward conclusion to this matter.

Fair enough, I must have misread what you wrote earlier.

As for your other points, he's still our coach so I still am going to criticize things he does that I don't approve of, but the childish crap and personal attacks are pretty uncalled for. I also agree with the ridiculous Shanahan rumors, but hey people claimed to have inside sources to the Shanahan family and said he was receptive to the idea. Sounded extremely unlikely to me from the start and still is, but what do I know.

All in all, I just hope we can beat the Huskers to give their ego a kick in the nuts before they get beat by half a hundred by the Longhorns.

Re: My take on this roller coaster ride we are on...

Ask Mick Ronson, DBT. He's one of those academics.

We really aren't on the ride yet, we are basically in the que and fantasizing about the ride. The ride won't officially begin until the final whistle blows after we stomp a mudhole in the corn. Then we will all be on pins and needles.

To me everything thing floating around is pretty typical in this type of situation. The closer Friday's game gets, the more **** will get stirred up.

You missed the point of what was being said by trying to be a dick :cry:

by "just a general comment", i ment not directed at you but, just a comment in general. your point was simple enough. :smile2:

I don't think Shanahan would notice if Mike Bohn called him. He'd be like what is this idot calling me for? I want to go wrangle with the femi-nazi's in Boulder when Bolen is paying me $14M to play golf? Even his kid is smart enough to stay in the NFL!

I'd laugh if this crap didn't piss me off so much!

Listened to GB this morning on the way into work. I came in about half way through. They were talking about who the next coach would be. So I thought there must have been some sort of announcement. But it turned our that they were just speculating. However, I would not be surprised in the least that GB knows something.

He felt like they would try to hire a former Buff in order to pull support back to the program. When asked if Bienemy would be a good choice, he said that EB has never been a coordinator. GB thinks that to go from a position coach to a HC is very difficult. He said that the interim step of being a coordinator helps a guy learn to manage a large group of people, etc.

So, what former Buff meets this criteria? I can't think of any off the top of my head. Hell, Dave Logan probably comes closest!

Vanderlinden, Hankwitz, Dorrell, Cable and Simmons fit the ex-Buff w/ coordinator and/or HC experience criteria.

So does David Gibbs.

Last edited:

This whole ordeal has become FUBAR d beyond belief! How many other high profile institutions like CU would deal with this issue the way Bohn, DiStefano, and the rest of the clown posse have? One thing for sure, is whoever is feeding the (propaganda machine) inside information to the so called "insiders", is doing a masterfull job of keeping everyone guessing the outcome.

Last edited:

Would VanderLiden as HC and Hankwitz as DC be a possibility? Or a good one at that?

Would VanderLiden as HC and Hankwitz as DC be a possibility? Or a good one at that?

I'd love having either back as DC, but Vanderlinden wasn't a good HC when he got his shot at Maryland (15-29 over 4 years). The only thing positive I can say about it is that he did lay the foundation because Friedgen had his best success his first 3 seasons when he had Vanderlinden's guys.

Yeah, his record is a little too reminiscent of Hawk's to really love him as a candidate here. I do like the idea of having those two around for the defense, though. That combo would probably net us a year in year out top 4 defense in the Big 12.

Re: Hawk tells staff he's back next year

"Embattled CU football coach Dan Hawkins is telling his assistants that he'll be back for another year.

Two sources inside the CU football progam told CBS4's Vic Lombardi that Hawkins recently met with Unversity Chancellor Phil DiStefano and came away from the meeting with the understanding that he's safe for another year no matter what happens on Friday against Nebraska."

http://cbs4denver.com/sports/CU.Hawkins.Buffs.2.1333000.html

If this turns out to be true, you can bet the players were told too.

Re: CU Denies Hawkins Report

This is some crazy ****.
Got to believe that CU would have said nothing if Hawk was staying.

Either way .... this has been handled wrong.

Bohn should have done something last Sunday before he left for Hawaii.
1) come out and say he stays & move on .....

or

2) come out and say he's gone after NU

this has been amateur hour up on campus IMHO

I've been saying that he should have been told he was done 3 to 4 games back so this soap opera would have been prevented and an actual coaching search could have been started without a rush to judgement before recruiting.

Did anyone think 4 games would make a difference? He was indicted on the results of the last 3 & 1/2 years because the team actually appeared to be regressing. The CSU and Toledo losses were only more fuel for that fire.

I suspect that there is more to the story. That there were money issues or questions holding up a decision. That DiStefano wanted more time and so forth.

I wonder if the regents announcement last week was a shot across DiStefanos bow. :lol:

I'd love having either back as DC, but Vanderlinden wasn't a good HC when he got his shot at Maryland (15-29 over 4 years). The only thing positive I can say about it is that he did lay the foundation because Friedgen had his best success his first 3 seasons when he had Vanderlinden's guys.

That shows he can recruit. If he managed the program well, he may have been "this close". An offensive coord away perhaps. 4 years is not much to judge him on given his own guys were sophomores his last year when you figure his first class really doesn't count....

Bring the TCU guy here and if his O-coordinator stays behind to be the HC, we repeat history. Hire the DC from somewhere like OU and he hires an O-coordinator who ends up stinking, we go where?

Every pick will come with risks, so saying this guy can't coach because Maryland went 15-29 in his 4 years and they then won with this guys after he left doesn't hold water to me.

Back