What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

the hype train has been derailed

this is how it is going to be under Coach Prime. we don't have the guys we have without the hype and all the rest.

live by the sword and die by the sword.

accept that we are super unlikely to have a super pretty and predictable season. accept that we are likely drop some games we should not (like almost last night). assume we are going to steal a couple (like last night).

we were predicted to win 3 games this year and we are 3-0. keep our gratitude bigger than our expectations. if we bowl this year, it will be one of the greatest turnarounds in sports. and we are going to recruit lights-out no matter what happens the rest of the way. the only question is if we will get ALL the guys we want or just some of the guys we want.

this is how it is going to be under Coach Prime. we don't have the guys we have without the hype and all the rest.

live by the sword and die by the sword.

accept that we are super unlikely to have a super pretty and predictable season. accept that we are likely drop some games we should not (like almost last night). assume we are going to steal a couple (like last night).

we were predicted to win 3 games this year and we are 3-0. keep our gratitude bigger than our expectations. if we bowl this year, it will be one of the greatest turnarounds in sports. and we are going to recruit lights-out no matter what happens the rest of the way. the only question is if we will get ALL the guys we want or just some of the guys we want.

Ray Wylie approves of this message.

Dungeons And Dragons Reaction GIF by Hyper RPG
F^ck you. So tired of that Sh!t. You’re the worst generation of entitled pussies the world has ever seen. “Boomers” have forgotten more than you’ll ever know. GFY.

F^ck you. So tired of that Sh!t. You’re the worst generation of entitled pussies the world has ever seen. “Boomers” have forgotten more than you’ll ever know. GFY.

the greatest generation would say you guys are entitled pussies.

I would argue your generation of boomers has done more harm to future generations than any other.

someone make a boomers v. the world thread or something. i don't give 2 ****s about that.

things i do want to know today-- is travis ok? can we find some fixes so that we can compete in oregon? are we getting any guys back this week who we haven't seen and are difference makers? which bluechips are going to commit?

the greatest generation would say you guys are entitled pussies.

I would argue your generation of boomers has done more harm to future generations than any other.
Yeah, Boomers shouldn’t take the limelight from their parents, who truly earned the moniker.

Having been all through Normandy and seen realia of what that was all about, this point is hammered home. Also the ladies at home with victory gardens, factory working, and the capacity to make a casserole that is tasty with the most random items.

Boomers had to face some BS, true. But it was not Americans landing on Omaha beach style odds.

Why are Gen X-ers always complaining about something? I don’t get it.

Last edited:
I will never be upset with a win. Winning is hard.

Kind of thinking this one served as a wake-up call.

Wake up call in multiple ways. First and foremost, all the prime people are learning about the CSU rivalry. I think he laughed it off and now he knows weird **** happens in this game if you don't get up for it . I'm almost excited for next year's game.

And yeah all the other words have been fully exposed so now it's time to fix. The McIntyre staff could not do that in 2017 and we know how that went.

Wake up call in multiple ways. First and foremost, all the prime people are learning about the CSU rivalry. I think he laughed it off and now he knows weird **** happens in this game if you don't get up for it . I'm almost excited for next year's game.

And yeah all the other words have been fully exposed so now it's time to fix. The McIntyre staff could not do that in 2017 and we know how that went.
I still feel like it was Jim Leavitt who deserved the coach of the year honors. Maybe I’m wrong but before he came, defense wasn’t so great and once he was gone, so was the success.

The boomers were handed Ferrari and promptly drove it off a cliff. Gen X and Millennials aren’t better, but we didn’t get handed the Ferrari keys.

The Snowflake and subsequent Covid generations are absolutely toxic. Entitlement, victimhood, social media and nonexistent public education will render those generations unrecognizable.

Slowed, yes
Derailed, absolutely not
This team did not go from 1-11 to making the CFP to “oh crap we aren’t that good” in the span of 10 months. He’s just getting started and in 3 years there’s a very good chance the Buffs will be seriously contending. He’s got skill players but lacks the difference makers at the LOS. The future is bright and 8 wins this year would be amazing.

I believe this team needs less distractions
You should cease being a fan of this program for as long as Prime as its Head Coach then. There will always be celebrities, media attention, and whatever else you’re calling a “distraction”. They are documenting everything via two dedicated social media channels, countless interviews with hundreds of media outlets, and even have the docuseries coming to Amazon.

You should cease being a fan of this program for as long as Prime as its Head Coach then. There will always be celebrities, media attention, and whatever else you’re calling a “distraction”. They are documenting everything via two dedicated social media channels, countless interviews with hundreds of media outlets, and even have the docuseries coming to Amazon.
To further this point, it's not like all these top recruits are interested because we're 3-0 and cracking the Top 20. The show has value & purpose.

ok for you boomers v. the world people, fair warning-- i am going to start deleting and banning **** if you dont pull your sorry asses together. take it to the pub and leave a perfectly normal, unhinged debate about the program alone.

jesus GIF

To further this point, it's not like all these top recruits are interested because we're 3-0 and cracking the Top 20. The show has value & purpose.
NIL deals, sponsorships, NFL scouts, the fun of being a celebrity.

For those with that mindset, it doesn't really get better than Boulder right now.

Sorry but the OP is a 1* Mod post and stars do matter now because things are different at CU. A win can never derail a hype train, get ready for even more big name celebs and recruits coming to Boulder in two weeks. The turnaround from last season is already miraculous and never been done in college football before. Coach Prime is still a media and marketing genius and he is still the biggest story in sports right now. Look at the talent he recruited to a 1 win team and tell me what happens when he can recruit to a bowl bound team? If Underwood commits the floodgates will open

Schools that Coach Prime out-recruited already: Georgia(Hunter), Notre Dame(Edwards), Miami(Cormani), Auburn(Hopkins,Jatta),Utah(Traore-I know he didn't stay but he initially chose us over the Utes), Penn St(Horn) etc.

As long is Coach Prime is coach of the Buffs, the hype train HAS NO BRAKES

My expectations match Prime’s. The Platonic vision is to win in dominant fashion. However, winning on its own is extremely difficult. Alabama squeaked by USF, UGA had a close one with South Carolina, Oregon snuck away with one in Lubbock, etc. These things happen. The best teams find wins, course correct, and move forward.

Back