What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The most dreaded staff

So you're saying that Tom Osborne isn't allowing Lil Bo Peep to have a say in his own staff? Interesting. If that's the case, neb will never return to the Top10. Pelini doesn't want Watson? Yet he's stuck with Watson? Do any of Pelini's comments support that?
Pelini was "strongly encouraged" to keep Watson throughout the transition. The staff decisions are entirely his now. If Watson stays . . . it's because Pelini wants him there. Personally, I think keeping Watson through the coaching change was a smart move . . . but now that the transition is over I'd be very happy indeed to see Watson move on.

The theory was that the offense would stay constant while Pelini changed the defense. That continuity would lead to more wins immediately. After the defense was fixed Pelini could address the offense either hands on with Watson on staff or by hiring a different offensive coordinator. Like I said . . . seems like a smart move.

Edit: Also, I don't get the Lil Bo Peep thing . . . it's not even insulting. It looks stupid, no offense. Now the Throat Slash thing . . . now that was funny. As a CU fan you should work on your insults. I expect better. :)

Last edited:
Osborne retained Watson only so that there would be continuity on one side of the ball. He thought that gave us the best chance for immediate success. Watson's long term status was NOT the issue. Please show me where I said TO was a puppetmaster. Geeze. Exaggerate, much?

"keeping Watson was TO's decision and not Pelini's"

I didn't say it, I just quote it. It was either Tom's decision or Bo's, someone has final say AND Bo has ALWAYS said HE had final say. If TOM had final say, he was pulling strings. No exaggeration on my part.

Well, if Shortbus has a top 30 Offense this year, are you on board? If it sucks again, I will be the 1st in line to kick him out since the OL depth is now there and all the RBs are healthy and developed. QB should be OK as well even if Lee has post surgery issues so no excuses.

If he only has a 30ish ranked offense with 10 of 11 starters back I will still want him gone. If he has a top 20 offense I'd be alright with giving him one more year. It doesn't have to be the best offense in the country . . . but I do expect consistency. Top 20-30 would be more than adequate if the Pelini's can keep the defense playing at a high level.

Back