What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The officiating at the end of this game is why basketball can suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you realize what a ridiculous house of cards you are building here?

I realize I'm in a Buffaloes forum and nothing is going to convince you guys that the universe isn't out to destroy you. Fair enough, I might feel the same way in your place.

I don't get these guys. I didn't go onto Chargers fan sites and tell them about all the non-calls the Broncos didn't get in the Ed Hochuli game. You guys got a game you shouldn't have. One day you will lose a game you shouldn't have.
pretty much they are trying to justify the victory so they don't feel bad about it.

I realize I'm in a Buffaloes forum and nothing is going to convince you guys that the universe isn't out to destroy you. Fair enough, I might feel the same way in your place.

Dude, it's not just us. Pretty much everyone but you thinks we got robbed.

Yeah but how do you know Grant Jerrett doesn't hit that shot instead of Solomon? I agree the refs were horrible. I just don't think we can assume Colorado wins in a perfectly called game. You're assuming if Solomon isn't out there UA doesn't score on that possession. What exactly do you base that on?

Only one of the shots was reviewed. And even with that benefit the refs overturned the on-court call which changed the outcome of the game.

I'd argue that not all bad calls are equal. Both teams were hurt by bad calls as happens in all games. We can ticky-tack compare who was affected more, and you will conclude Arizona and I'll conclude CU.

But one call was reviewed. It was reviewed due to its significance and they got it wrong.

Can you really not see that, or are you just trolling?

Yeah but how do you know Grant Jerrett doesn't hit that shot instead of Solomon? I agree the refs were horrible. I just don't think we can assume Colorado wins in a perfectly called game. You're assuming if Solomon isn't out there UA doesn't score on that possession. What exactly do you base that on?
So, do you think this could be the beginning of a nice little rivalry, or not?

Only one of the shots was reviewed. And even with that benefit the refs overturned the on-court call which changed the outcome of the game.

I'd argue that not all bad calls are equal. Both teams were hurt by bad calls as happens in all games. We can ticky-tack compare who was affected more, and you will conclude Arizona and I'll conclude CU.

But one call was reviewed. It was reviewed due to its significance and they got it wrong.

Can you really not see that, or are you just trolling?

So by your logic, I can play you 1 on 1 in hoops, and have a ref give me call after call against you all game long, but then at the end he makes a bad call against me and you win the game...and I'd have more right to complain than you? Most bad calls ARE equal, your perception of them just changes when one happens in crunch time and another doesn't.

Did we really need another damn thread about this? Merging it.

So, do you think this could be the beginning of a nice little rivalry, or not?

I'd like to think so, but I prefer rivalries based on mutual respect, not one fanbase thinking the other is a bunch of cheaters.

So by your logic, I can play you 1 on 1 in hoops, and have a ref give me call after call against you all game long, but then at the end he makes a bad call against me and you win the game...and I'd have more right to complain than you? Most bad calls ARE equal, your perception of them just changes when one happens in crunch time and another doesn't.
You've yet to prove your original premise. You've got nothing but conjecture. We've got video review and AMERICA. you lose.

I'd like to think so, but I prefer rivalries based on mutual respect, not one fanbase thinking the other is a bunch of cheaters.
You didn't cheat, unless some AZ fan paid the refs. You are not cheaters. However, we were robbed. This isn't about you.

You've yet to prove your original premise. You've got nothing but conjecture. We've got video review and AMERICA. you lose.

You didn't cheat, unless some AZ fan paid the refs. You are not cheaters. However, we were robbed. This isn't about you.

'MERICA. **** yeah.

Just so everyone can see every angle, here is a pic I think shows how the call wasn't as cut and dry as may have seemed.
http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/87/779/779087.jpg
The big point is that the official on the floor called it good. They needed irrefutable evidence to overturn it. We have discovered that the on court monitor is standard def, not high def. there is know way that they had irrefutable evidence. At any rate, it's over. We will see you in Boulder.

First off, I'm in a wheelchair, you insensitive prick. But by all means go on assuming that everybody is ambulatory as you are.

Secondly, did you not read my post at all? I said that both teams were hurt and benefitted by fouls. And then I outlined the reasons why that one call was different. You don't seem to be comprehending the broader concept of my post.

Now you just go walk around and play basketball, because you can.

Listen, there are a lot of things the Buffs could have done and should have done to keep this out of the referees hands and everyone here on this site agrees. We could have had Adams just hit one of his two free throws. The team could have shot better than 58% from the line as a whole. We could have avoided a couple of bad turn overs at the end of the game by not having guys leave their feet. All of that is true. But when it comes down to a play that the Refs have to review and they get is so very wrong, that is not something the players can control. It is something that the Refs should get right. Could we have avoided the situation by taking care of business, yes. But we did win that game and it was a horrible reversal and everyone across the country knows that the shot was good and UofA should have lost.

I don't think you guys are a bunch of cheaters. I believe the refs made a bad call on a pivotal play. You're kind of dramatic.

For the record, I don't think UA cheated. Ya'll benefited from a bad call. It isn't necessarily UA's fault.

Nothing personal against UA (or their fans), but you are building an absurd house of cards----Everything else remaining the same coupled with competent referees leads to a Colorado win. Admit you got away with one and move on. We'll see you next month.

God dammit, this is exactly what I was afraid of. Our idiot 1% fanbase was going to bitch and moan so much that it would bring out the 1% of Arizona's fanbase that is full of mouthbreathers and here we are.

STOP FEEDING THE TROLLS ON BOTH SIDES.

For the record, I don't think UA cheated. Ya'll benefited from a bad call. It isn't necessarily UA's fault.

Alright well some of you are implying that the rivalry should be based on the bad call, and I think that'd be unfortunate.

First off, I'm in a wheelchair, you insensitive prick.

You do realize they have basketball leagues for people in wheelchairs don't you? Way to sell yourself short there.

God dammit, this is exactly what I was afraid of. Our idiot 1% fanbase was going to bitch and moan so much that it would bring out the 1% of Arizona's fanbase that is full of mouthbreathers and here we are.

I prefer to beat the trolls into submission.

I think I've been far more respectful than your own fans in this thread, but I understand that I'm kind of picking at a scab here.

I think I've been far more respectful than your own fans in this thread, but I understand that I'm kind of picking at a scab here.
Great, a holier than thou troll. There really is a strong flavor of fusker in the AZ fanbase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back