What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Rams

No one is disagreeing with you nor arguing that somehow CSU is better situated historically. I think the point is...that if you read some of the rhetoric on here it becomes clear that CU fans would never want to consider themselves on par "historically" with say a Washington or BYU. I think most Buff fans believe their program's history situates them in far more elite company.

I think historically CU compares very well with Washington and BYU. All three are solid programs. I wouldn't put CU ahead of either school, frankly. The schools that are ahead of them would be the heavyweights like Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska (ouch, did I say that?) Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, USC, Alabama. CU is not in that league, but I'd say we're only a step below.

No one is disagreeing with you nor arguing that somehow CSU is better situated historically. I think the point is...that if you read some of the rhetoric on here it becomes clear that CU fans would never want to consider themselves on par "historically" with say a Washington or BYU. I think most Buff fans believe their program's history situates them in far more elite company.

Really? Most? Let's take a poll.

I for one think an historic comparison with BYU and Washington is pretty outstanding and pretty accurate. Likewise to claim we were "in far more elite company" (Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas, Ohio State, etc.) would be downright wrong.

Anybody else?

I for one think an historic comparison with BYU and Washington is pretty outstanding and pretty accurate. Likewise to claim we were "in far more elite company" (Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas, Ohio State, etc.) would be downright wrong.

Anybody else?

+1

But I'm an arrogant prick so you might want to distance yourself from me.

both schools have their strengths... you just sound intelligent

I agree. Im glad there is somewhere to go for those that dont have the mettle to make it at CU. Im sure some of your students have a hard time choosing between csu and FRCC.

I agree. Im glad there is somewhere to go for those that dont have the mettle to make it at CU. Im sure some of your students have a hard time choosing between csu and FRCC.

That's just mean.

I can never quite understand the CSU hate around here. It's CSU. They do their thing, we do ours. Why the angst? Sure a lot of them can be obnoxious, but little brothers are always obnoxious. Big brothers are supposed to be above such pettyness.

That's just mean.

I can never quite understand the CSU hate around here. It's CSU. They do their thing, we do ours. Why the angst? Sure a lot of them can be obnoxious, but little brothers are always obnoxious. Big brothers are supposed to be above such pettyness.

I know. Its just hard to give your lil brother a typewriter on his chest over the interwebs.

Anybody else?

This is the same BYU that plays in the MWC - a conference whereby even the mere mention of CU considering such a move to that conference - was nothing short of treason given the strength of CU's history; correct?

Last edited:
This is the same BYU that plays in the MWC - a conference whereby even the mere mention of CU considering such a move to that conference - was nothing short of treason given the strength of CU's to history; correct?

It's also the same BYU that has a MNC, a Heisman trophy, and a bunch of top 20 finishes. Sound familiar?

This is the same BYU that plays in the MWC - a conference whereby even the mere mention of CU considering such a move to that conference - was nothing short of treason given the strength of CU's history; correct?

Are you going to argue that going from the Big 12 to the MWC wouldn't have been a step down for CU?

LMFAO...ah yes...the "hero in my own mind" syndrome that comes from some of the Boulder grads never ceases to amaze. Trust me turning down my admission to CU was not a difficult choice for me.

Are you going to argue that going from the Big 12 to the MWC wouldn't have been a step down for CU?

It certainly would have been a step down. However, it also adds needed perspective as to where CU actually stands. A top flight non-bcs program to middle of the pack BCS program.

Holy cow! If you want to get fired up go over to their site and read the crap they post.

I don't know how some of you guys can spend so much time over there. The stupidity just hurts too bad. I believe they spend more time talking about the Buffs than we do here.

I've never understood why they dislike us so much. Isn't Wyoming their rival? We don't really compete for recruits. We don't really even compete for fans.

I would love to see CSU be a top 25 team year to year with Colorado. I think they wish Hillary Clinton would come to Boulder with a snuke in her snizz and blow the place up.

Lots of hatred. Wow. Enjoy your one game season CSU fans. 9 Days till the tard fight (sorry wally)

Love the fact that we are considering Hillary's meat curtains a WMD...

Serious question - where would you guys stick CSU out of curiosity? In a historical sense....Kansas, Kansas State, Washington State, Kentucky, areaish?

Last edited:
I'd put CSU in the same category as the majority of it's MWC bretheren like Wyoming, UNM, UNLV, Fresno, San Diego State.

If we're talking about BCS schools, I'd put them in a category that includes Indiana, Washington State, Rutgers, Kentucky... Teams that have brief flashes of greatness, but nothing sustained over an extended period of time.

I'd put CSU in the same category as the majority of it's MWC bretheren like Wyoming, UNM, UNLV, Fresno, San Diego State.

If we're talking about BCS schools, I'd put them in a category that includes Indiana, Washington State, Rutgers, Kentucky... Teams that have brief flashes of greatness, but nothing sustained over an extended period of time.

That sounds about right to me.

I did a masters program at CSU, I work with a bunch of CSU grads, I have a pretty good idea of how a lot of them think.

The simple reality is that CU and CSU are on two different levels as far as programs are concerned. To CSU fans, if their team beats CU the season is already a success, even in a year like last were they only won two more games and one of those was a fluke lucky win over a FCS team that fumbled as it was setting up for a winning FG. If CU beats CSU, it is expected and means that we now get ready for the important games on our schedule.

In terms of recruiting, both in-state and out of state, the schools are on a different level. CSU has one year where one service says they rank higher and now they are on an even level recruiting, give me a break. CU had a down year recruiting because recruits knew that Hawk is on his last legs and the biggest recruiting weekend of the year was cancelled because everyone expected the coaches to be fired. How many of the truly top recruits in the past 20 years have even given a sniff to CSU other than those who had a family or coaching connection? Close to zero.

CSU's entire image is built on their yearly game against CU, win and the season is successfull, lose and the season is over. Their coaches and players spend the entire off-season preparing for CU and still are under .500 against CU.

The idea that CSU would be considered for a major conference is laughable, their attendance, their TV ratings, their revenues don't even put them into consideration.

The one thing they are good at is strutting around like they are something special in the years that they win their "superbowl" against CU, even when CU is as down as they will ever be.

This thread is silly. CU>CSU in nearly every way unless you are into aggie stuff. History, respect, funding, academics, athletics. I reallllly don't see why anyone is even arguing here. The CSU fans here are pecking away at CU (blah blah you beat HS teams in the 1800's blah blah blah) with stuff that doesn't matter and doesn't really change the equation at all. You can chop down a single tree, but the goddamn forest is still gonna be there.

CU>CSU. Done.

The simple reality is that CU and CSU are on two different levels as far as programs are concerned. To CSU fans, if their team beats CU the season is already a success, even in a year like last were they only won two more games and one of those was a fluke lucky win over a FCS team that fumbled as it was setting up for a winning FG. If CU beats CSU, it is expected and means that we now get ready for the important games on our schedule.

CSU and CU certainly are on different levels. You won't get any argument from me on that point. But as I have also pointed out many times before, the days of CU being the most important game on the schedule have been over now for some time. This year alone, finding a way to get a win against TCU, BYU, or Utah is far more important than an RMS win because of what it would mean for the program going forward. To infer that somehow CSU's season begins and ends with the RMS is ridiculous. CU fans should just drop this argument.

Also I don't think you will hear any CSU fan say last season was a success. Last year was an absolute disaster. Period.

Last edited:
Come on! I haven't had enough chances to p!ss off rodrigo. :)

Not possible. I'm buddhist and am more stubborn than you.

Plus, I have an uncle who wears more CSU crap on his body than one would think humanly possible so I get plenty of practice.

Back