What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

This is frickin embarrassing..

All I ask at this point is that the scoring streak be kept alive, for the love of God, stop disgracing those who've got it this far

Being 4-4 after 8 games, with the schedule we've played, is competitive. It may not be up to the level of expectations you have, but it is competitive.

I respectfully disagree. My impression is that one of our wins - over Eastern Washington - was an embarrasing gift. Should have lost that game - at home. Two of our wins have flat-out resulted from piss-poor coaching by the folks at WVU and KSU. The CSU game is the only true win we have, if you want to call beating CSU a marquee victory.

This season's laughable performance has not been suggestive of a competitive program, or even a program taking steps toward respectability. What I've seen is the same six plays on offense and a defense that, after years of playing against the spread offenses of the BIG 12 can't cover anyone.

I respectfully disagree. My impression is that one of our wins - over Eastern Washington - was an embarrasing gift. Should have lost that game - at home. Two of our wins have flat-out resulted from piss-poor coaching by the folks at WVU and KSU. The CSU game is the only true win we have, if you want to call beating CSU a marquee victory.

This season's laughable performance has not been suggestive of a competitive program, or even a program taking steps toward respectability. What I've seen is the same six plays on offense and a defense that, after years of playing against the spread offenses of the BIG 12 can't cover anyone.

How is 4-4 laughable?

Beyond that, WVU and KState had 58 minutes a piece outside of their 2 minute drills to score more points. They couldn't.

And I'm not buying all the injury excuses. If your offensive success is wholly dependent upon having a viable offensive line. Go out and find enough players on the O-line that you can handle injuries and still field a team. How about coaching-up the players you do have? Improvement? Show me.

Given the performance of the offense this season, how can the coaches possibly sell their "system" to recruits? I'd love to see that that pitch.

And I'm not buying all the injury excuses. If your offensive success is wholly dependent upon having a viable offensive line. Go out and find enough players on the O-line that you can handle injuries and still field a team. How about coaching-up the players you do have? Improvement? Show me.

Given the performance of the offense this season, how can the coaches possibly sell their "system" to recruits? I'd love to see that that pitch.

So how many players should a team be prepared to lose at every position in your opinion? You are aware of a concept called "scholarship limits", right?

Just went into my garage and screamed several expetives that I have not yelled since the UT 70-3 thrashing....pretty discouraging state of the program.

STLBuff you and I are on precisely the same page.

People point to 4-4 as "reasonable". I disagree. CU is 3 plays away from being 1-7.

How is 4-4 laughable?

Beyond that, WVU and KState had 58 minutes a piece outside of their 2 minute drills to score more points. They couldn't.

If your 4-4 record includes a last-minute win over Eastern Washington, a win over CSU and two, very-close, wins in which the opposition played unusually poorly and / or were the victims of poor coaching decisions, it's laughable. When you get your butts kicked like this, it's laughable. When your kicker misses six in a row, it's laughable. When your kick returner fails to take a knee or to signal a fair catch and starts walking out of the endzone, it's laughable. When your quarterback can count to three and expect to be sacked, it's laughable. When KU and MU look like their in a different league, it's laughable.

So how many players should a team be prepared to lose at every position in your opinion? You are aware of a concept called "scholarship limits", right?

Unless we've had an inexplicable number if injuries, a bus accident or influenza outbreak, this is ridiculous. If you can't handle losing 2-3 offensive linemen, your not prepared for the season. Particularly if losing 2-3 linemen means that your entire team goes in the crapper.

If your 4-4 record includes a last-minute win over Eastern Washington, a win over CSU and two, very-close, wins in which the opposition played unusually poorly and / or were the victims of poor coaching decisions, it's laughable. When you get your butts kicked like this, it's laughable. When your kicker misses six in a row, it's laughable. When your kick returner fails to take a knee or to signal a fair catch and starts walking out of the endzone, it's laughable. When your quarterback can count to three and expect to be sacked, it's laughable. When KU and MU look like their in a different league, it's laughable.

You have a strange sense of humor. The seasons Wazzu and Washington are having, THOSE are laughable. Syracuse for the past 5 or so years, THAT'S laughable.

What we have on our hands right now falls under the heading "certifiably mediocre." Obviously this Mizzou game has been worse than that, but Daniel's just got our number. He's the Peyton Manning to our Denver Broncos. Fortunately, this is the last time we'll ever see him.

Scoring streak over?

(sorry if this has been asked, no patience to read this string)

Yep. Oh well. :huh:

Unless we've had an inexplicable number if injuries, a bus accident or influenza outbreak, this is ridiculous. If you can't handle losing 2-3 offensive linemen, your not prepared for the season. Particularly if losing 2-3 linemen means that your entire team goes in the crapper.

Actually, I think the number of O lineman we've lost this season (counting those lost before the CSU game) is more in the 5 to 7 range. Can someone provide the exact figure?

57-0 and counting,team quit. Good luck Hawk, Your zen speach is probably going to fall on deaf ears.

You have a strange sense of humor. The seasons Wazzu and Washington are having, THOSE are laughable. Syracuse for the past 5 or so years, THAT'S laughable.

What we have on our hands right now falls under the heading "certifiably mediocre." Obviously this Mizzou game has been worse than that, but Daniel's just got our number. He's the Peyton Manning to our Denver Broncos. Fortunately, this is the last time we'll ever see him.

Yep. Oh well. :huh:

Point taken. Perhaps "laughable" is going too far when describing the whole season. I would, however, say that the performances against quality competition have been laughable - both in terms of coaching and play.

Point taken. Perhaps "laughable" is going too far when describing the whole season. I would, however, say that the performances against quality competition have been laughable - both in terms of coaching and play.
Why doesn't Hawk show any emotion on the sidelines? You know that he is pissed as hell. A little emotion (like that he used with Hugh last year) might go a long way,

HAHAHAHA, they are talking about this being a lesson from Hawk, then they show him and he is standing by himself not saying a word. Classic.

Actually, I think the number of O lineman we've lost this season (counting those lost before the CSU game) is more in the 5 to 7 range. Can someone provide the exact figure?

The question is: How many starters / potention starters? Did we lose the entire first and second strings? If so, we've got some issues with either the folks handling our academics or the training staff.

Back