What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

TN VOLS fans coming to UCLA/Colorado game

SKU-RVCS045.jpg

for Ken.

This by the way is one of those issues that the school doesn't have to ask permission from the city. If they want to do it, they do it. City can complain but has zero authority to stop it.

Secondly we aren't talking about hundreds of RVs nor are we talking about a permanent year around situation, nor are we talking about an old mobile home park blighting the city.

My guess is that the AD and the school could provide a place for 30-50 RVs which would be limited to 72 hours 6-7 times maximum per year. These would be very expensive units with occupants wealthy enough to own them and pay a premium to use the RV lot those weekends. Based on the demographics you would probably see less drunkenness, less litter, less noise from this lot than any of the other tailgate locations and certainly less than from many of the local off campus buildings that house students.

In support of some of the city priorities the lot would likely become a home base for some of the high profile professionals involved in events like the Bolder Boulder etc.

I doubt I would ever be interested in using it myself if I were to have the finances to do so but it makes no sense to dismiss in hand something that would have no real negative effect and could result in a substantial amount of income and support for the program and the school.
If they want wastewater hookups Boulder definitely has authority

I love Boulder. It’s just little things like saying a few rv’s parked in a lot already full of cars, trucks, and pop up tents spoils the aesthetic. That implies it is not the rv but the perception of what an rv (and the people who have one) represent that are not welcome.
Interesting. I’ve been playing in this thread. I don’t mind RVs, much, and certainly don’t have opinions around those that drive them. However the idea of a parking lot full of RVs seems a little blighty to me, kind of like that campground in Moraine Park. If it’s good for the football team, great. I just don’t see it being a thing. I’m happy to be wrong.

I don’t care one way or the other either. I guess I have never really looked at a parking lot full of anything on wheels as a thing of beauty, but as a necessary evil around a large sporting event or a large college campus. So it seems strange that a parking lot that is full of cars M-F for students, then all day Saturday on game days anyway somehow is so much uglier with 20 rv’s parked at one end for a couple of days. If there really is a group of fans that would be interested in bringing their rv’s to games, and would pay for the privilege, all it would take to make it happen would be reserving a portion of a lot for them to park. No infrastructure needed. I can’t ever see it looking like the infield at Daytona,

I don’t care one way or the other either. I guess I have never really looked at a parking lot full of anything on wheels as a thing of beauty, but as a necessary evil around a large sporting event or a large college campus. So it seems strange that a parking lot that is full of cars M-F for students, then all day Saturday on game days anyway somehow is so much uglier with 20 rv’s parked at one end for a couple of days. If there really is a group of fans that would be interested in bringing their rv’s to games, and would pay for the privilege, all it would take to make it happen would be reserving a portion of a lot for them to park. No infrastructure needed. I can’t ever see it looking like the infield at Daytona,
Fair point.

If they want wastewater hookups Boulder definitely has authority
CU already has the wastewater connection.

CU needs no permission from Boulder. At all.

But I suspect Boulder would be fine with it. Less traffic on game day, more tax revenue from people buying groceries, gas, etc. and the RVs would be on the CU campus, not in town. They’d love it, but they really have no say in the matter.

Last edited:
I still haven’t read anything from anyone on the pro RV side who’s willing to volunteer their time. All you’d need to do is create a proposal for the University to consider during its AD or Regents meetings. I am sincerely interested in seeing what sort of reaction this proposal would get.

I find it fascinating that with Wyoming having a successful model for an RV tailgate lot and with how large our state is with so many people that enjoy taking their RVs and campers to national & state parks, that the negativity toward this is so high. It's bizarre to me.

There's a weird contingent among CU fans that hates change and is deeply skeptical about anything other than having a program where 40k people from the metro show up for the games, enter the stadium at the end of the 1st quarter, and leave before the final whistle. It's as if people like their nice little bubble and can't break out of that to be like other, more successful, programs. Uncomfortable with sidewalk fans, too, because these CU fans wore it as a badge of honor defense mechanism for years against the other Big 8/12 schools to tell them that most of their fans didn't even go to their school -- as if that's a bad thing. Is CU the flagship school for this state that represents Colorado? Or is it a cliquey quasi private school that wants to stay within a little bubble that looks down on most people in the state as unwelcome?

Back