What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tomato Soup

Trust me I’m from Nebraska and still live here. I aim the hatred at all of them. I’m constantly surrounded by the stupidity.
You can do good things for your mental health by aiming it at ****braska or at least at your neighbors who are from there and still fly their N flags.

Some sensitive skin down there, don't think you would want a sunburn much less skin cancer in that area.

This was the best post of the year for me.

giphy.gif
I see what you did there!

Interesting read here from the Salt Lake Tribune.

1. Utah has a recruiting budget over $1M, highest in PAC12.
2. They haven't really attained high recruiting rankings (by any measure)
3. UGA spending 4x what CU has been spending. ($2.6M)

I've long noticed that Utah does a fantastic job of evaluation and development.
They also get a lot of home-grown talent, some of which is just naturally under-rated by the services (not too many folks go to Utah to observe).
But they consistently have talent on the field that exceeds what would be predicted by recruiting rankings. One of the few.
This article suggests that their budget helps them "be smarter than others" (rule 6 courtesy of @SpacemanSpiff).
They recruit nationally.

They have some serious Polynesian (mostly) talent coming out of the State high schools. They do share some of that with BYU as some percentage of that talent is LDS strong. They also have more hurdles than just about any other school to bring in out-of-state kids because SLC is a dud of a destination. The U is not bad, but this is NOTHING like Boulder. They do have the "biggest game in town" factor, sort of like Lincoln, which is a positive. But at the end of the day, I think Kyle W has to outwork, outspend and frankly, has been a rulebreaker to #6 above. I think he'd win national championships at USC.

They also get a lot of home-grown talent, some of which is just naturally under-rated by the services (not too many folks go to Utah to observe).
But they consistently have talent on the field that exceeds what would be predicted by recruiting rankings. One of the few.
This article suggests that their budget helps them "be smarter than others" (rule 6 courtesy of @SpacemanSpiff).
They recruit nationally.

They have some serious Polynesian (mostly) talent coming out of the State high schools. They do share some of that with BYU as some percentage of that talent is LDS strong. They also have more hurdles than just about any other school to bring in out-of-state kids because SLC is a dud of a destination. The U is not bad, but this is NOTHING like Boulder. They do have the "biggest game in town" factor, sort of like Lincoln, which is a positive. But at the end of the day, I think Kyle W has to outwork, outspend and frankly, has been a rulebreaker to #6 above. I think he'd win national championships at USC.
I think Utah talent was underrated +5-10yrs ago. I now think it's a hyper efficient recruiting market that may actually be overrated. A contrarian view but that's how I see it.

Utah, Alabama, and Baylor are elite? Opponents record is not convincing.

Meh, LSU played a tougher schedule than osu. The big 10 has been the most overrated conference the past 2-3 years, top to bottom the PAC 12 was better this year. There were no bye weeks in the PAC. Rutgers and Maryland cancel Ohio States prowess.

I was noticing this yesterday. The B1G has more teams in the top 18 (6) than any other conference AND they play hard schedules. The SEC gets the love but man the B1G has gotten scary good. OSU, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Penn State, Michigan.
I disagree. Osu is elite there is little supporting evidence those other teams are anything other than above average

Meh, LSU played a tougher schedule than osu. The big 10 has been the most overrated conference the past 2-3 years, top to bottom the PAC 12 was better this year. There were no bye weeks in the PAC. Rutgers and Maryland cancel Ohio States prowess.

I disagree. Osu is elite there is little supporting evidence those other teams are anything other than above average

Okay. So why does OSU, Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa and Penn State all rank in the top 12 in SOS in this ranking?Link

Or all 6 in the top 25?

Link

They recruit nationally.

I noticed while in Salt Lake this weekend that they had multiple billboards around the city advertising the program to in-state recruits with slogans like "Make a STATEment." One specifically showed Chase Hansen and his choice to stay home (although 247 lists BYU and Utah as his only offers). Probably not a difference maker, but it seemed like a decent idea to build the buzz around local recruiting.

Okay. So why does OSU, Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa and Penn State all rank in the top 12 in SOS in this ranking?Link

Or all 6 in the top 25?

Link
In part bc the only out of conference teams they played worth anything are: #1 Michigan vs Notre Dame. #2 Iowa against Iowa State and #3 osu vs Cincy. Unless I forgot one. It's the same year after since the playoff started, the sec and big 10 get jerked off by east coast bias and when January is done the big 10 has a losing record in bowl games

In part bc the only out of conference teams they played worth anything are: #1 Michigan vs Notre Dame. #2 Iowa against Iowa State and #3 osu vs Cincy. Unless I forgot one. It's the same year after since the playoff started, the sec and big 10 get jerked off by east coast bias and when January is done the big 10 has a losing record in bowl games

I can agree on the over hyping but I still think they’re a good conference and they don’t get as much credit as the SEC at all.

As far as bowls are concerned they went 5-4 last year and 8-1 the year before. They qualified 9/14 teams this year, we’ll see how they finish.

I can agree on the over hyping but I still think they’re a good conference and they don’t get as much credit as the SEC at all.

As far as bowls are concerned they went 5-4 last year and 8-1 the year before. They qualified 9/14 teams this year, we’ll see how they finish.

The sec east is complete garbage. As far as your statistics, I prefer to rely on blanket statements made from emotional responses based on my hatred of ****braska

We will see how they finish but OSU wins all the way I would put them in the top 5 all time College Football Team. They have not just won but dominated some really good football teams this year.

I was noticing this yesterday. The B1G has more teams in the top 18 (6) than any other conference AND they play hard schedules. The SEC gets the love but man the B1G has gotten scary good. OSU, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Penn State, Michigan.
Will probably always be that way. Biggest thing in the state in much of the midwest for Minn, Wisc, Iowa.

Back