What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Travis Hunter Appreciation Thread

His INT was a play most starting NFL CB’s cannot make. That play will be the first on his highlight reel of all NFL scouts.
To be able to recognize the play and the defensive breakdown, knowing the only hope was for him to come off his assignment, shows a guy who is at the top of his game with putting in the work to have elite field awareness / football IQ. Stack that with having the athletic ability to turn that mental part into the quick twitch reaction and athletic ability to get there puts him on such an elite level I can't compliment it enough. It's superhero stuff.

Travis Hunter has a motor like no other, and was bestowed with freak athleticism, and awareness too?!

He stays in bounds on that TD catch, and catch’s that first deep ball. He has close to 200 yards receiving.

The way he played today, did 2-way players (Peppers and Woodson come to mind) play those kind of snap counts?

I’m so glad he’ll be back next year.

Here's a very impressive breakdown of the play and how it contrasts with what happened when CU's offense ran the same exact play against TCU's defense.

Travis was superhuman to get the INT, but the entire defense recognized and adapted to the play call. That's elite coaching.

Crazy that out of everything that happened on Saturday, the play of the game, IMO, was Hunters jump ball catch on 3rd and 16 late in the 4th. Buffs had to have it, coverage was perfect and he made a play that 99% of WRs in the country don’t make.

You can have a brilliant playcaller and offensive scheme, which they do, but sometimes you just have to trust your best players to make plays above the X’s and O’s.

**** I can’t wait for Saturday.

Crazy that out of everything that happened on Saturday, the play of the game, IMO, was Hunters jump ball catch on 3rd and 16 late in the 4th. Buffs had to have it, coverage was perfect and he made a play that 99% of WRs in the country don’t make.

You can have a brilliant playcaller and offensive scheme, which they do, but sometimes you just have to trust your best players to make plays above the X’s and O’s.

**** I can’t wait for Saturday.
Yes, you could tell in that moment how much trust they have in each other as teammates. The game was on the line and this was a critical situation. Throwing the ball to Travis in that situation in the coverage he was in was based on pure trust that he would make a play cause he had too for us to win, and he did. It was amazing.

Watching him play is gonna be so f***ing fun this year.

Did you not see Prime play?
Is this the time to point out that Deion Sanders (that is what he was called BACK THEN) actually said that "it was a business decision" when asked why he didn't tackle someone.

I love the way Deion played the game. He was a CB and to survive long term, he knew that NOT being a big hitter (or going out of bounds on kickoffs) was a business decision.

I am completely OK with that.

Is this the time to point out that Deion Sanders (that is what he was called BACK THEN) actually said that "it was a business decision" when asked why he didn't tackle someone.

I love the way Deion played the game. He was a CB and to survive long term, he knew that NOT being a big hitter (or going out of bounds on kickoffs) was a business decision.

I am completely OK with that.

He was called Prime Time then too. Maybe not by you Philly fans, but pretty much everyone else.

deion-sanders-atlanta-falcons-prime-time-1990-costacos-poster_1024x1024.jpg

Back