What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Travis Hunter Appreciation Thread

He doesn't need to have contact in practice at all. He needed to get that contact work in during Spring and a bit of Fall Camp, but there's zero reason for him to be part of any full contact periods during the season.
I'm cool with him sitting out this week, getting the bye week, and coming out to destroy the Bruins.
Wouldn't object to him sitting out to be sure.

Wonder if there might be a positive medium.

Mostly hold him out but get him some time so he can get back into being used to the contact.

I would still be surprised if he plays much Friday for many reasons.

For starters, I think we can win this one at least semi-comfortably without him at home. Why give fresh tape to UCLA?

I want to shock and awe UCLA with something they completely aren't expecting in the Rose Bowl.

Maybe just play half the snaps of the game
Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

I would still be surprised if he plays much Friday for many reasons.

For starters, I think we can win this one at least semi-comfortably without him at home. Why give fresh tape to UCLA?

I want to shock and awe UCLA with something they completely aren't expecting in the Rose Bowl.

This.

I think the idea that we can afford to keep Hunter out of this game because of who we play is why slider said that. I agree. There is no saving him for UCLA. If he’s healthy enough to be going full speed at practice he should be playing.
Going full speed at practice doesn't mean he's taking hits.

If you play him on offense, even if you don't throw to him he will force teams to choose to double cover him or not, which has the potential to open up other receivers.

I of course don't want him out there in any capacity if he is not healed yet though.

Going full speed at practice doesn't mean he's taking hits.
I assume he’d have on a yellow jersey if he was a non contact player (just like Shilo had when he injured his kidney against Oregon) and they wouldn’t be letting him jump around and and fall to the ground.

I am glad he is practicing, but I hope we don't see him against Stanford. Bring him back after the bye. 5 weeks of recovery and ready to go for the stretch run.

I am glad he is practicing, but I hope we don't see him against Stanford. Bring him back after the bye. 5 weeks of recovery and ready to go for the stretch run.
It's not that type of injury. If his liver hasn't healed, you don't put him on a football field in any capacity. If the laceration has healed, he's full-go. This isn't a sprain/strain that you nurse him through.

Back