What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Travis Hunter Appreciation Thread

Boil down to essence of the situation, anyone who isn’t completely stupid or obliviously biased, that was a pure targeted attack on Hunter. The way the ball fell close enough to where he could have had a pick, to going into the sideline to deliver the hit…the flex and look back to the ewe sideline was all pretty telling.

Coach Prime and Travis pulled the ultimate duck you by snuffing it out and Hunter taking his new found little brother bowling at the end of it all.

Had it been Shilo blasting the ewe receiver like that and had caused a hangnail, sheep nation would have been calling for the FBI to investigate for aggravated assault and battery.

CBS writer picks TH as the #1 player in the nation, entering the season.

1. Colorado CB Travis Hunter

Former No. 1 overall recruit Travis Hunter leads my list as the top overall player in the country entering the 2024 season. He is a generational player and, if he took fewer snaps offensively at wide receiver, would be even more effective for Colorado's defense. Hunter missed a handful of games after taking a cheap shot in the Colorado State game and still notched 1,044 snaps. He had seven games with more than 100 snaps, doing so as a two-way player. That is more than two seasons worth of reps for the typical defender.

and then there's

4. Colorado QB Shedeur Sanders

Sanders is my current pick to go first overall in the 2025 NFL Draft. He's also, in my opinion, the best quarterback in college football entering the 2024 season. Sanders has an excellent arm to make all the throws necessary and is an extremely accurate passer both in the pocket and on the move. Sanders does a great job keeping his eyes downfield to go through his progressions and make the high percentage completion despite the constant pressure he was under all season. Sanders threw for almost 300 yards a game and only had three interceptions in 430 attempts completing 69% of his passes while suffering 21 drops by his receivers. Sanders is an excellent post-snap processor as well and extends the plays to give his guys an extra second or two to find green grass.

The only one I remember doing it on occasion in the NFL was Prime. Charles Woodson did both in college, but I don't remember him doing that in the NFL, if he did?
Patriots had guys who would do it on a limited basis (Vrabel at TE, Brown at CB), but it was very situational and not a lot of snaps. I can't remember the last time a guy in the NFL actually started on both sides of the ball.

No question he has the talent to play both ways. I've heard projections that say he would be at worst a top 10 pick if he were strictly on either side of the ball.

He has very little say in where he goes. He can try to influence who drafts him or potentially force a trade but in the end his leverage is limited.

For him to play both ways will require a coach who is willing to break from the standard way NFL teams do things and pro coaches tend to be very resistant to significant change. Doesn't mean it can't happen but look how long it took for the league to be willing to adapt to the highly mobile run oriented QBs we are seeing now.

IMO, Travis will have to stay healthy and prove that he can be consistently elite on both sides this year to even have a chance at playing heavily on both sides in the NFL.

He was the best WR and best CB that CU had last year, but he hasn't shown enough consistency on both sides to be given a two way starter label in the NFL yet.

IMO, Travis will have to stay healthy and prove that he can be consistently elite on both sides this year to even have a chance at playing heavily on both sides in the NFL.

He was the best WR and best CB that CU had last year, but he hasn't shown enough consistency on both sides to be given a two way starter label in the NFL yet.
Health is a real concern.

The physicality of the NFL is on a different level from the college game. I've heard that from multiple former players including guys who played in the SEC, B1G, etc.

NFL is also a 17 game schedule, potentially add 3 playoff games, plus a physical training camp and the wear and tear is real.

I think at most he will be a full time starter on one side with limited packages on the other side. The most logical is full time on defense and used on offense in special situations such as 3rd and long or 2 minute offense. Makes little sense to have a player that valuable out there blocking on a 2nd and 4.

Good call, forgot all about him. He was a special player, I shouldn't have forgot.
As a Bears fan, I got more excited about punt returns and kickoffs during his peak. It was absolutely electric to have legitimate hope for a TD return, and to have that hope regularly rewarded.

He was mediocre to average as a CB and WR, but just crazy to watch in the return game.

Intelligence is a major strength of his game.

giphy.gif

Two way playing just isn’t in NFL culture. IMO most players are talented enough play two ways and most players are smart enough to learn two positions.

When it comes to tens of millions of dollars, limiting exposure is an easy call for both player and organization.

And if I remember correctly, Coach Prime was a mentor for him as well.

CP was on a live this week with Devin Hester and he’s going to catch a jet after practice and be at his HOF induction ceremony. Devin said it wouldn’t be the same without him there. Prime was also at his wedding 20 years ago and was talking about Devin had a beautiful wedding with little touch of the hood at it with his huge Louisiana hot sauce bottles on the tables. He was asking Devin when he can offer his kids and Devin said you already know they coming and that his little one was doing the Shedeur on the couch the other day. Devin said he’s gonna come out this summer to visit with the team.

Back