What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Two words... JIM TRESSEL

Alabama's OC and DC - either/or. They've been recruiting and teaching and placing talent into the best levels of the NFL. That pedigree alone should draw the best recruits - "Wanna see if you're good enough? Come with us because we've put dozens of them there..."

I wouldn't consider lesser program's coordinators - if you're going that route, go after the top squad's - that's Alabama, or LSU's if I had to settle for less.

And I'd never degrade any coach at NM State. Talk about a rough place to recruit into. I like Las Cruces, but you should be a hermit first. And the school has to be one of the truest examples of Have-Not's in college sports.

Texas taking a rival's coach? Deeming a rival's coach worthy? Ha ha... that concept is how "Delusional" is defined.

Nussmier, Bama's OC has only had two games on the job so far but does have a pretty sterling resume. Chavis at LSU is contracted through 2014 with a salary of 1.4 mil, I'm not so sure he isn't the key to the Tigers success.

No thanks, don't want Tressell. I will rather go with Petrino. Petrino is a creative offensive playcaller. He is 500 percent better than EB. After saying that. Will still give Embree atleast 3 years on the job. But replace EB, Greg Brown and Marshall.

No thanks, don't want Tressell. I will rather go with Petrino. Petrino is a creative offensive playcaller. He is 500 percent better than EB. After saying that. Will still give Embree atleast 3 years on the job. But replace EB, Greg Brown and Marshall.

bigbang, let's get real here. what coordinator worth ANYTHING would step into this situation for a hypothetical year 3 in the Embree era? To be clear, the answer is NONE. You clear this whole staff out and start fresh. Every single one of them, Cabral included.

Of course, if Jerry Jones ran things, he'd bring in Tuna and leave this coach in-place, and give them a real head coach. Heck, we'd end up with an experienced TE coach, too!

[video=youtube;N_wnAUWpoJA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_wnAUWpoJA[/video]

The guy has not coached college football in two decades, has been out of coaching altogether for five years, is pushing 60, and has a reputation as an extreme egomaniac. That is definitely the guy to take over a huge rebuilding job in one of the top conferences in college football.

The guy has not coached college football in two decades, has been out of coaching altogether for five years, is pushing 60, and has a reputation as an extreme egomaniac. That is definitely the guy to take over a huge rebuilding job in one of the top conferences in college football.

Pushing 80 is more like it.

I'd be happy with Billick, but I was not specifically endorsing him, my point was just that I want a "big-name" coach. Name coaches will get you good recruits. And whatever shorcomings Billick does have, he did win a superbowl...

I'd be happy with Billick, but I was not specifically endorsing him, my point was just that I want a "big-name" coach. Name coaches will get you good recruits. And whatever shorcomings Billick does have, he did win a superbowl...

Hiring a big name just to hire a big name is the exact wrong way to go about it. And winning a Super Bowl has very little to do with rebuilding a college football program.

Hiring good assistants with deep ties to high schools in a given area will get you good recruits.

that just affirms my belief that tressell is the right man for the job

Hiring a big name just to hire a big name is the exact wrong way to go about it. And winning a Super Bowl has very little to do with rebuilding a college football program.

Hiring good assistants with deep ties to high schools in a given area will get you good recruits.

^^This^^

And I look at Petrino and Tressel and the other "names" the same way. We don't need the biggest name, we need the best coach for our situation.

We don't need the biggest name, we need the best coach for our situation.

It's this way of thinking that resulted in us hiring a career TE's coach last time...

I want the biggest name, most succesfull, and most badass coach that we can get.

I'm with JRK, Brian Billick is absolutely who we need. Or Herm Edwards, either one is perfect. Maybe we can get both?

I'm with JRK, Brian Billick is absolutely who we need. Or Herm Edwards, either one is perfect. Maybe we can get both?

Please not Herm Edwards...he has almost no experience, and the experience he has had ended with poor results...in some cases historically bad results. If your going to go for an ESPN personality at least make it someone who has had success as a head coach.

Petrino is a great x's and o's guy. At the same point, he's one of the slimiest pieces of ***** to ever call himself coach. He left a letter to his players quitting the Atlanta Falcons 3 weeks before the season was done to take the Arkansas job. He lost the Arkansas job because he was cheating on his wife, and slid his motorcycle down an enbankment with his 20 something year old whore on a state highway. Then he tried to cover it up, from the Police and all. Prior to running out on Louisville, he flirted with any job offer that came his way. His AD hated him, despite putting Louisville back on the map.

I would love winning again but at some point as the program signing him up, you know he's going to **** you. He's been an unsavory POS every place he's been.

Back