What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

UCLA Game Week -- Official Thread (8:30 on ESPN2)

Red zone offense list this game. CU defense held bruibs to their lowest total by far this season.

Bad loss. CU should have won this game.
Agreed, but I think I'd put most of the blame there on the coaches rather than the players. Not running Phillip Lindsey enough + special teams bungling is inexcusable in my opinion.

****. We so outplayed UCLA in the second ****ing half. **** **** **** ****!!!!!!!! I want to see sharp Red Zone offense from this point on. This is ****ing bull****. Too many ****ing penalties (again), inexcusable drops, and a critical coaching decision gaffe. Even if one of those things went away, I think we win. We can't have all three of those in the same game. This is with a Swiss cheese offensive line. I'm not putting this on them at all, as they showed up in the second half for the most part.

Very frustrating. But to those who say we won't win another game this year, you can just **** off.

So, I would have to say the fake FG did matter. Got very close to FG range in the end and with those points in hand the final two plays would have been called differently. And I'm betting we would have had a good shot at it in the end with the Aussie. Massive fail.

there was a lot that pissed me off tonight in this game.

trying to get montez killed would be a part of it.

once again, we look like we're soft on the o-line and we lack resiliency across the board.

lindsay and montez did what they could do. neither was perfect, but damn... behind that line.

and, i did hate a lot of the play calling tonight. we didn't ever get into a flow and certainly didn't find a way to go after that ****ty defense.

the fake punt... meh. if it had worked, we'd all be talking about mm's brass cajones. **** happens.

once again, i think our problems are all upfront, on both sides of the ball. the o-line looks soft and unorganized and the d line just doesn't have enough guys.

this is a game we should have won.

i think we've got a bowl team, but that's about it. there is a lot to work on this season.

recruit.recruit.recruit.

We gave away a win we should have had. You can’t fail to execute play after play, dropped passes, missed coverage, etc.

As disappointed as I am in the players for these miscues, the loss is on the coaches. The fake field goal was horrendously executed and seemed desperate. If you have those 3 points, UCLA calls all their offenses differently in the 4th quarter trailing vs holding the lead.

Lindgren had UCLA d tired and on the ropes in the 4th after our td drive which was all running. What does he do? Immediately starts throwing it, we go 3 and o and UCLA d got back on their feet.

Elliott’s d lacked any bite or originality. Same throws for 1st downs, drive after drive after drive.

Not good enough.

Is it choking if you get points?

Hey but at least it was close RIGHT VINNIE?! No, we ****ing choked away the game. We have a loser culture that keeps us from winning games like this almost always. It starts from the top! I can't stand this ****.

COACHING POINTS:

1) Fake FG when you have a great kicker well within his range when the score is 7 or less (FAIL)
2) Using a balanced play calling strategy from the 20 to the 20, then multiple complex pass plays that lose yards and look chaotic (FAIL)
3) Potentially allowing the other team to score when they are up by 1 point with 3 minutes or less. I would let them score (FAIL)
4) Practicing Hail Marys so that the ball is thrown really high in the air to the goal line. (FAIL)

There were dropped balls by players, AGREE, there was pretty average to fair line play, AGREE, there was no pash russ (AGREE), but coaching errors outweighed the players making players because players win games and coaches lose them. There is a chance that this group of coaches has rebuilt the team and the program, but may not be able to take them to the promise land again??? Lindgren, Bernardi are probably not up to spec. I actually have no problem keeping Jeffcoat because he is a big name and a good recruiter.

Love the Buffs, feel bad, feel frustrated, let's refocus x 10 and get at least to a bowl game. Critical for recruiting.

If Montez got his ass beat last week, the rest of the O should feel it this week. The drops killed us. The fake fg was just trying to bail the WRs out. This O line and WRs need their asses beat so hard they still feel it next Saturday when they line up on the first snap.

lindsay and montez did what they could do. neither was perfect, but damn... behind that line.

The worst part about this offensive line **** is that we are wasting the senior season of a truly special player.

Somebody has to step up and make a play this season. Instead, turtling when the opportunity is there.

We don't have team leadership that is pissed off losing.

It's like they knew there would be a drop back from last year, and they're OK with that.

The problem is that attitude is going to make them a 6 win team, when they could have been an 8 win team.

Hey but at least it was close RIGHT VINNIE?! No, we ****ing choked away the game. We have a loser culture that keeps us from winning games like this almost always. It starts from the top! I can't stand this ****.
Hey dude, don’t come yelling at me. Just asking a question. I’d rather get points in the RZ than zero.

ok, specifically... on the last series.... my guess is that the out was to get to a spot on the field where they could run a hail mary from a distance where they had practiced it. montez overthrew it badly--- adrenaline, fatigue, dazed from all the hits, who knows... we were done when the d let the convert that 3rd and 6 on their last drive. bitching about hail mary plays seems silly... there is a reason that they are low probability of success.

there were a dozen ways we lost that game, but the last play wasn't one of them.

The head coach shouldn't have a clear reason to lose a football game. Dropped passes and ridiculous penalties had a lot to do with it, but in a game like this, you always take the points.

Back