What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC Forum

USC hasn't seen a defense like CU has.
USC hasn't seen an offense as high powered as ours is.
CU has faced a team with better EVERYTHING than USC (michigan).

I think the shock factor favors the BUFFS.

What @sliderNcider said, plus SC's offense is more explosive than Michigan's.

Oh, and ASU has a very high-powered offense. Possibly more so than ours. But spot on aside from those nitpicks.

The performance of a football team associated with the University I attended shouldn't have this much impact on me emotionally. Over the last 10 years I had actually gained a healthy perspective on things and win or loss I was relatively unaffected by it. But the instant this team showed signs of life all that personal growth went completely out the window. This team impacts my productivity. It impacts my stress levels in the days leading up to Saturday. Sleeping has never been a strength of mine but now when I wake up in the middle of the night I lay there thinking about the likelihood and the implications of a win.

The Michigan loss was tough but it was so early on that I hadn't really gotten set in my belief that this team could win so the net impact was positive. they showed they could play at that level.

This USC game may be a different animal entirely. I am convinced that we can win this. I don't know if we will or not but I know we can. If we don't it will really suck.

Just amazing how fast this shift has happened. No real conclusions just an interesting swing going on in my connection to this team.

The performance of a football team associated with the University I attended shouldn't have this much impact on me emotionally. Over the last 10 years I had actually gained a healthy perspective on things and win or loss I was relatively unaffected by it. But the instant this team showed signs of life all that personal growth went completely out the window. This team impacts my productivity. It impacts my stress levels in the days leading up to Saturday. Sleeping has never been a strength of mine but now when I wake up in the middle of the night I lay there thinking about the likelihood and the implications of a win.

The Michigan loss was tough but it was so early on that I hadn't really gotten set in my belief that this team could win so the net impact was positive. they showed they could play at that level.

This USC game may be a different animal entirely. I am convinced that we can win this. I don't know if we will or not but I know we can. If we don't it will really suck.

Just amazing how fast this shift has happened. No real conclusions just an interesting swing going on in my connection to this team.
I have learned that I have such a greater emotional tie to CU than I do the Broncos. Maybe it's because the Broncos just won the Super Bowl and have been one of the premier franchises for a long time, and this is all happening for the first time for the Buffs, in my adult life. For the past 10 years, I've been hopeful for a CU victory every Saturday, but when the inevitable happened each week, I just shrugged and had the Broncos to look forward to. Now, the Buffs have become the main course with a Broncos win being a nice dessert.

I have learned that I have such a greater emotional tie to CU than I do the Broncos. Maybe it's because the Broncos just won the Super Bowl and have been one of the premier franchises for a long time, and this is all happening for the first time for the Buffs, in my adult life. For the past 10 years, I've been hopeful for a CU victory every Saturday, but when the inevitable happened each week, I just shrugged and had the Broncos to look forward to. Now, the Buffs have become the main course with a Broncos win being a nice dessert.
Plus the NFL is sterile and bland, and college football is ****ing awesome!

I feel the exact same way - if only Allbuffs was billable time. I keep trying to remind myself that the trajectory of the rise won't always be perfectly linear, but it sure is fun when it is.

love me some broncos but I never stumbled out of my dorm room with the remainder of a beer I opened last night in one hand a a cold piece of pizza in the other to walk across a beautiful campus with friends in the same shape and gotten into the general area of my seat in time to watch the best mascot on earth rumble by in front of MY team at a Broncos game.

plus I think there have been some fuskers on the Broncos over the years....it's permanently effected our relationship.

I was just explaining this exact thing yesterday to a co-worker. I'm not sure what has led to it, but my NFL viewing has fallen off a lot. I'm helping my in laws build their new house on most weekends. They know that I will not be there on Saturdays as to not miss the Buffs play live. Haven't had a real problem skipping out on Bronco games though.
I think it might be a combo of spoiled because the Broncos have been an ideal franchise for most of my life, and also, the NFL just kind of sucks right now. I used to be able to watch any NFL game...now I barely watch my team. Thanks a lot Goodell.

man I'm having a horrible week posting.
first anaheim, now this. ;)

I feel the same way regarding the broncos.
I think it's becuase in the NFL you can lose 4-5 games and still get to the playoffs and win it all.
In the Pac12, you can't really afford to lose at all...maybe 1-2 tops, and expect to be in a good position.

The games mean more.
Plus, Ralphie>Thunder

The NFL is boring. One of the arguments used to be that players did not move around, and you knew who "your guys" were, unlike college that turned over every four years. Staubach always QB'ed the Cowboys, Bradshaw the Steelers, in fact, most of the rosters in the 70's and 80's were pretty stable, trades and player movement were somewhat rare, that all changed with free agency and each team has a core of 10-15 players, the rest are on a permanent merry go round.

The second killer is parity. If every team can beat the other on a given Sunday, there is no longer any such thing as an upset. The homogeneity of the game now makes every team and every game look about the same. Dull and duller, I cannot bear to watch it anymore, especially when the action stops every 2.5 minutes for another round of commercials. I haven't watched a full NFL game live in probably a decade.

I won't even go into the stuff I have seen behind the scenes that turned me off...

The NFL is boring. One of the arguments used to be that players did not move around, and you knew who "your guys" were, unlike college that turned over every four years. Staubach always QB'ed the Cowboys, Bradshaw the Steelers, in fact, most of the rosters in the 70's and 80's were pretty stable, trades and player movement were somewhat rare, that all changed with free agency and each team has a core of 10-15 players, the rest are on a permanent merry go round.

The second killer is parity. If every team can beat the other on a given Sunday, there is no longer any such thing as an upset. The homogeneity of the game now makes every team and every game look about the same. Dull and duller, I cannot bear to watch it anymore, especially when the action stops every 2.5 minutes for another round of commercials. I haven't watched a full NFL game live in probably a decade.

I won't even go into the stuff I have seen behind the scenes that turned me off...
Will you go into some of the things behind the scenes in college that should turn you off and hasn't?

Weird. While I disagree with your opinions about the NFL, at least they rooted in fact. The college game you love so much more is far dirtier and more corrupt than the NFL.
Well, I edited above, and honestly, I regret even bringing it up, because I am not going to elaborate on a public message board...

And I seriously doubt the college game is dirtier....

Last edited:

I prefer not to look under the “unhealthy addiction” rock right now. I am having to much fun with this years version of Colorado football. So I am going to go ahead and marinate in it. Go Buffs!

CU is part of my core. Ask my friends, my wife, my kids. This one is huge and I have watched pieces of my heart get ripped out over the last decade. This year has been fun and I think it continues on Saturday. It sure is fun to finally have expectations again and feel like we can compete with teams that in years past I hoped we would not get embarrassed by. Football is fun again!

Weird. While I disagree with your opinions about the NFL, at least they rooted in fact. The college game you love so much more is far dirtier and more corrupt than the NFL.
Maybe because you have a perspective is closer to college football that lets you see some of the crap associated you see it as worse than the pro game, but I suspect that lefty is right. Similar **** elevated, with silly amounts of money as the biggest variable.

Well, I edited above, and honestly, I regret even bringing it up, because I am not going to elaborate on a public message board...

And I seriously doubt the college game is dirtier....

In the NFL, players are meat. They are interchangable pieces to a puzzle and little more. Unless you are a guy like Peyton Manning or Von Miller. And even then, remember the whole reason Peyton came to Denver in the first place was because Indy thought he was washed up and cut him loose.

Contrast to the college game, where there is a little bit of that (Saban), but overall it's a different mindset with the coaches and fans.
I enjoy CU football because that's my school out here. I enjoy the pageantry of it. The whole experience of a college game is dramatically different than that of an NFL game. Add to that the fact that the players choose where they play in college. The NFL chooses where the players play. There's more of a connection to the players in college as a result.

Somebody on Sirius had a good take on this game the other day. It's going to be one of the more interesting games of the weekend because the ranking might be a little much for us. (Braden Gall said we looked like a 7-5 team-and I'd take that after not having a bowl game to look forward to for 10 years running). Also, USC is so all over. They're capable of embarrassing ASU and then following that up with a total egg this week.

Back