What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC is hiring Lincoln Riley from Oklahoma as its new HC

I’m jealous honestly. I know CU could never in our current state make a move like this but we are talking about a premier recruiter who can also coach and develop players especially QBs. We couldn’t beat them when they were dog sh*t past few years. Imagine when they stack 2-3 top 3 classes and 10 wins seasons.

I’m jealous honestly. I know CU could never in our current state make a move like this but we are talking about a premier recruiter who can also coach and develop players especially QBs. We couldn’t beat them when they were dog sh*t past few years. Imagine when they stack 2-3 top 3 classes and 10 wins seasons.
While I know it ended up being a disaster, we're not too far removed from being able to land the hottest G5 HC in the nation on the heels of poaching a P5 HC who was having unprecedented success at his school.

These things are cyclical for all the programs that aren't true blue bloods.

One of the top QBs in 2023 is at Los Alamitos in SoCal and… he’s currently committed to OU.

OU currently has the #2 2023 class with two 5* and three 4* kids and the top 3 all go to Los Al. R

Riley is absolutely going to crush recruiting at USC. Oregon has got to be freaking out just a bit

I don’t think the big SEC schools who have had some success in California recently will be thrilled about this, either.

I’m jealous honestly.
dumb and dumber GIF

While I know it ended up being a disaster, we're not too far removed from being able to land the hottest G5 HC in the nation on the heels of poaching a P5 HC who was having unprecedented success at his school.

These things are cyclical for all the programs that aren't true blue bloods.
The financial stratification happening in this sport buries a program like Colorado. We’re in the part of the cycle that turns our program into Detroit.

The financial stratification happening in this sport buries a program like Colorado. We’re in the part of the cycle that turns our program into Detroit.
New media deal coming soon. Also, things tend to change quickly when boosters get down to their last nerve.

Don't forget that CU's been through this before. Scandal, financial woes leading to cutting sports, Fairbanks fiasco. Then came the late 80s. This is a top 25 all-time program for a reason. It's one of the highest growth states in the nation. It will bounce back bigly

New media deal coming soon. Also, things tend to change quickly when boosters get down to their last nerve.

Don't forget that CU's been through this before. Scandal, financial woes leading to cutting sports, Fairbanks fiasco. Then came the late 80s. This is a top 25 all-time program for a reason. It's one of the highest growth states in the nation. It will bounce back bigly

The landscape has changed, nik.

The landscape has changed, nik.
Pac-12 teams will soon be making significantly more than ACC & Big 12 members. Population & economic trends favor our region. It's rock bottom, not the future normal.

We don’t have boosters who are willing to write eight or nine figure checks. If we did, Mel Tucker would still be the coach and Rick George would be gone.

All of the stuff you are talking about from the past was from before schools made $50 million a year from Football broadcasting alone. It was from a time from before our competitors had multiple billionaire donors willing to single-handedly write a check to give coaches a pay raise and renovate facilities even though they were just renovated ten years prior.

The P12’s TV deal will be fine for a season or two and then will be dwarfed by the SEC’s new deal that’ll include OU and UT. We are playing catch up in a race that requires an amount of money we don’t have.

Pac-12 teams will soon be making significantly more than ACC & Big 12 members. Population & economic trends favor our region. It's rock bottom, not the future normal.
Your population can grow, but if the new population doesn't give two ****s about college football, it doesn't really change anything.

That's the pessimist.

The optimist in me wants our next head coach to have the stones to circle the USC game - "this is who we aim to beat, every year."

Back