What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Want Beer In Folsom? Sign This Petition!

Jesus gasm it was a simple question and yet again you go full retard with your response.

Your inability to answer the simplest of questions without being a total douche is getting tired.

Jesus gasm it was a simple question and yet again you go full retard with your response.

Your inability to answer the simplest of questions without being a total douche is getting tired.
I'm not a database for random CSU facts.

The amount of questions I am asked on here that could easily be googled is mind boggling. It's not my fault you're lazy sCUm

Damn, dude. I was asking a simple question I thought you might have the answer to since you've been privy to the feasibility study and whatnot. In case you didn't notice, this thread is about having general sales of beer at Folsom (or at least adding a beer garden like Washington and Oregon have) instead of only having it in our club and suite seating. I'm trying to get a handle on how much money that's worth.

I would guess somewhere between $500k and $1MM per year, but I don't know. Thought you might actually be helpful and want to bring something useful to this thread since you've decided to participate in it.

I'm surprised gasm didn't tell us that we've already had that discussion.

I understand that there are many people who desire to drink beer at Folsom Field and it's a good revenue producer. The author of this thread wants to hear arguments for and arguments against beer sales at Folsom Field. I will state my reasons for not having beer at Folsom Field:

1. If beer sales are brought back to Folsom Field, how will that have an impact on the number of families with young kids that attend games at Folsom Field?

2. If kids are not coming to Folsom Field, how will that build up the CU fanbase in the future? Does CU really want to rely only on alumni to support their athletic teams?

3. What kind of message would the school send to its students, alumni, fanbase, and anyone who cares about CU when it has been well documented that students in colleges are having drinking problems?

My father took me to Folsom Field games when I was 11 years old and I was in the student section with my father when they still sold beer. Some students did try to get my father and myself booted from the student section but no one wanted to mess with my father so it didn't happen. I don't think my father anticipated the issues of the CU students because he just arrived onto campus the summer when he bought the student season tickets. If my father knew about that, I am not so sure if I would have gone to CU games in the first place. Had I not gone to CU games that season, I would have followed in my family's footsteps as a Sooner fan since I was born in that state and family is from that state.

I do not drink beer but I believe a beer garden would be a much better solution since people can be monitored to see if they have been drinking too much and can be taken care of before ruining someone's gameday exprience. Once you ruin that person's gameday exprience, that person might not come back to root for the Buffs. My question is how many people decided to not come back to Folsom Field because of drunk fans?

Because of that wonderful Folsom Field exprience, I'm trying to groom my nephews and nieces to be the next genernation of CU fans by buying them CU gear. There is no guarantee that they will grow to be CU fans but if there were beer sold at Folsom Field, there would be no guarantee that their mothers would allow me to take them to CU games. If they never have a taste of Folsom Field or the Keg in their lifetimes, there's no guarantee that they will become CU fans. They could become CSU fans instead or worse, Husker fans which I saw one nephew wearing a Husker hat and he's the brother to two more nephews and one niece. :bang:

I can't do it alone and would need the cooperation of other CU fans to be awesome and not be drunk idiots by causing problems at Folsom Field.

1. If beer sales are brought back to Folsom Field, how will that have an impact on the number of families with young kids that attend games at Folsom Field?

2. If kids are not coming to Folsom Field, how will that build up the CU fanbase in the future? Does CU really want to rely only on alumni to support their athletic teams?

3. What kind of message would the school send to its students, alumni, fanbase, and anyone who cares about CU when it has been well documented that students in colleges are having drinking problems?

1. I don't see how that would impact anybody bringing their kids to games. People bring kids to professional sporting events that sell beer. They bring them to bars and restaurants where alcohol is sold. This is a non-issue.

2. Non-issue (see response to #1)

3. I don't see that it sends any message at all. In fact, if they're honest about it they'd see that the lack of beer sales inside the stadium has actually led to increased binge drinking. Oddly enough, this very argument was made when they put the ban in place - that doing so would actually increase bing drinking. They didn't listen to that argument then. Now that it's been proven out, they should take appropriate measures. If they want to send a message, it's that they're doing what they can to cut down on that kind of behavior.

I also disagree with your father. Kids don't belong in the student section.

I also disagree with your father. Kids don't belong in the student section.

Yeah. I expect a certain level of "family atmosphere" in the rest of the stadium. I'm always looking around to see if there are kids near me during the games so that I can adjust my language. When I've got my kid with me, I want the same consideration. But the student section is reserved for students. That "family atmosphere" expectation does not apply there.

1. I don't see how that would impact anybody bringing their kids to games. People bring kids to professional sporting events that sell beer. They bring them to bars and restaurants where alcohol is sold. This is a non-issue.

2. Non-issue (see response to #1)

3. I don't see that it sends any message at all. In fact, if they're honest about it they'd see that the lack of beer sales inside the stadium has actually led to increased binge drinking. Oddly enough, this very argument was made when they put the ban in place - that doing so would actually increase bing drinking. They didn't listen to that argument then. Now that it's been proven out, they should take appropriate measures. If they want to send a message, it's that they're doing what they can to cut down on that kind of behavior.

There are good points there. Parents will bring their kids to sporting events even if there is beer served. My post was trying to ask how many kids are not going to sporting events where beer is served which most people really do not know. Kids are the future and they should not be neglected when it comes to anything that is considered at Folsom Field. Ultimately it is the responsibility of the parents and let's say parents these days do not seem to be living up to those responsibilities.

If I have my own kids, I am not too sure if they will be able to become CU diehards like myself if they don't attend a CU sports event because would I want to risk exposing my kids to the behavior of drunk fans? It's easy to watch the game on the television in the home but everyone knows from exprience that watching the game on TV is not the same as watching the game in person.

I look forward to having kids with my wife sooner than later but I know for sure they will be asking about those CU logos in the home and on the clothes that I wear. What should I tell my kid about CU?

Damn, dude. I was asking a simple question I thought you might have the answer to since you've been privy to the feasibility study and whatnot. In case you didn't notice, this thread is about having general sales of beer at Folsom (or at least adding a beer garden like Washington and Oregon have) instead of only having it in our club and suite seating. I'm trying to get a handle on how much money that's worth.

I would guess somewhere between $500k and $1MM per year, but I don't know. Thought you might actually be helpful and want to bring something useful to this thread since you've decided to participate in it.

the kid is just a troll. How about we just delete every post he makes? He is worse than a plant because he actually takes up oxygen, can we get a bamboo plant in the corner instead of him? I promise to water it.

There are good points there. Parents will bring their kids to sporting events even if there is beer served. My post was trying to ask how many kids are not going to sporting events where beer is served which most people really do not know. Kids are the future and they should not be neglected when it comes to anything that is considered at Folsom Field. Ultimately it is the responsibility of the parents and let's say parents these days do not seem to be living up to those responsibilities.

If I have my own kids, I am not too sure if they will be able to become CU diehards like myself if they don't attend a CU sports event because would I want to risk exposing my kids to the behavior of drunk fans? It's easy to watch the game on the television in the home but everyone knows from exprience that watching the game on TV is not the same as watching the game in person.

I look forward to having kids with my wife sooner than later but I know for sure they will be asking about those CU logos in the home and on the clothes that I wear. What should I tell my kid about CU?

It could be argued that beer sales would lower the amount of drunken fans. People wouldn't need to binge before the game and during halftime. Also, beer will most likely be so expensive that if you don't pregame it would be financially stupid to get drunk off of stadium beer.

this I know for sure. beer sales will increase 3rd quarter attendance by a large percentage. alternatively, as was said above, disallow re-entry.

Do what I did. Explain that adults drink booze sometimes and that if they drink too much they get stupid and sleepy. To reinforce this message, I show my boy a photo of Snow passed out.

Protect your kids through education and exposure, not by hiding them from the real world.

I wonder if CU has any statistics on alcohol related incidents with club level beer sales.

I would love to have a beer garden type concept on the lower level. It would make it very easy to check ID of people entering. Throw some tv's around so people can watch the action while drinking.

Selling beers at $8 a drink is not going to attract many underage or even existing college students but I would go because it would be easier than running back to the tailgate.

this I know for sure. beer sales will increase 3rd quarter attendance by a large percentage. alternatively, as was said above, disallow re-entry.

Indeed....I certainly would not have left in the 3rd quarter of the whoregon game if I could have drank 3-4 beers in the stadium rather than outside of it in order to forget everything that just happened :lol:

I think a beer garden is the best solution and it already fits with what other schools in the PAC are doing.

I'm not a database for random CSU facts.

The amount of questions I am asked on here that could easily be googled is mind boggling. It's not my fault you're lazy sCUm

I'm sick of your ****. You followed your standard modus operandi (you might want to Google that phrase as you've probably had a lack of exposure to multi-syllabic words in your CSU education) in this thread:

1. Come into thread about CU
  2. Post hostile comment putting CU down/comparing CU to CSU
  3. Refuse to back up any wild-ass assertions you make with the defense that we should prove your point for you.

I guess you did give a new twist this time: you were openly hostile to an honest question that 'Nik asked you.

I honestly thought it was entertaining to see how badly your arguments could be deflating. Now, I realize it's just annoying because you're too stupid to be argued with. That's probably pretty representative of the CSU fanbase, I'd guess.

http://timeswv.com/westvirginia/x2054915094/Beer-boosts-concession-sales-at-WVU

For WVU last year, beer sales represented ~1/2 million. They think it will get up towards 1 to 1.2 million in the end. The bigkey, and this is absolutely huge:

alcohol related security incidents decreased

that is the bottom line. They had fewer arrests, fewer incidents of public drunkeness, etc, etc.

Seriously who cares about what you think might happen if they re-introduced beer to Folsom? The schools that have actually done it in the real world have discovered that alcohol related problems actually go down.

So, you're worried about bringing your kids to the game? The simple fact is that you are more likely to see rowdy drunkeness with the current policy.

And, for the idiot from CSU - this is how you answer a question:
"I'm not sure what the exact number is, but this article says that 55% of our concessions are beer sales."
http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2011/09/19/Colleges/Beer.aspx

It's actually a pretty fair article, and presents CSU & Ft. Collins in a good light. It's a helpful response, it adds to the conversation, and it makes you and the rest of sheep look good. In other words, it's pretty much the exact opposite of what you managed to do.

Last edited:
Do what I did. Explain that adults drink booze sometimes and that if they drink too much they get stupid and sleepy. To reinforce this message, I show my boy a photo of Snow passed out.

Protect your kids through education and exposure, not by hiding them from the real world.
I'm glad you realize I am a great example for your child and the children of the future.

I wish that guy who started the powder blue campaign a few years ago still posted on this site...that dudehead knew how to get a grassroots campaign going.

What was his name again?

I'm glad you realize I am a great example for your child and the children of the future.

I just think it's cool that you're willing to give back so much to society with your binge drinking. :thumbsup:

Back