What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Washington Game --- Official Thread (8pm FS1)

Montez making some plays that look like a young inexperienced QB. He needs to develop his decision making for us to have a chance to beat expectations.

Montez has gotta get his head into the game.

You can't slide short when you're given a first down.

You can't chuck the ball deep into double coverage when you're being hurried.

You must be mindful to secure the ball in your hands when the conditions are slick.

I think he thought the flag was on Washington and took a free play shot down the field. Obviously wrong choice!!!

we aren't totally overmatched physically. we have home field. we are in this game. blocked punt. that's the difference. if we can hold up athletically in the 2nd half, i think we have a really good chance to win.

Winfree in the slot looks like an upgrade. Hate to see Jay Mac hurt, but he may not get that starting spot back. Winfree is another big time player and improves the slot nicely.

We miss some of our DL from last year but I like Eliot better than Leavitt.

I'm going to wait to see how the rest of the game plays out before completely forming my opinion, but so far I'm pleasantly surprised with him. As long as the defense doesn't completely fall apart in second half

It's not about if Montez had the first down on the ill advised slide, more about taking a breath. Instead they ran out there so fast to punt and had it blocked.

That being said. We can win this!! But the gloves gotta come off!!!

we aren't totally overmatched physically. we have home field. we are in this game. blocked punt. that's the difference. if we can hold up athletically in the 2nd half, i think we have a really good chance to win.
Blocked punt and a weird INT on a ball that Lindsay catches 99 times out of 100.

Example of how good of a coach Peterson is... On the punt block, he ran two big players at Tonz, blew his ass up and blocked the kick. Both of those big guys are top starters on the DL. So, he saw something on film, and executed a plan to attack a weak spot and get a game changing play.

Unclear why they started going away from him. On the first drive he was unguardable. He's a safe target with good hands and presents a great catch radius.

Winfree in the slot looks like an upgrade. Hate to see Jay Mac hurt, but he may not get that starting spot back. Winfree is another big time player and improves the slot nicely.

Based on what?

I like how he mixes up the defense on key situations. He has had us in the right D on critical downs multiple times tonight and all season.

Leavitt is good but seemed more predictable, he responded instead of attacking the offense.

I love Gamboa, but he's a leftover sign of the athletes we had at the beginning of MM's time here.

Poor guy is so slow compared to everyone else out there - even our guys.

All I can ask for is that we keep it close and have a shot in the 4th. There are only maybe 5 guys on our roster than even had an offer from Washington.

They have superior size and talent. But we can hang. We are a bowl team. That's obvious. Maybe we can be top 20.

I think Montez is too raw and still trying to figure out how to play QB at this level. And I think he might need the full season to do so. The talent is quite obviously there, however. I just sometimes have the feeling they’re trying to teach an athlete how to play QB when I see him.

Montez has gotta get his head into the game.

You can't slide short when you're given a first down.

You can't chuck the ball deep into double coverage when you're being hurried.

You must be mindful to secure the ball in your hands when the conditions are slick.
I'm still steamed about that last interception. He does that ALL the ****ing time, throwing the ball up for grabs into double coverage at crucial moments of the game.

We play in the Pac-12. Enough with the qualifiers.

No qualifiers. I respect him a lot but against teams with quality athletes offensive coordinators keep finding him. He does everything right and ends up a step slow or makes the tackle just after the first down instead of just before it.

I think Montez is too raw and still trying to figure out how to play QB at this level. And I think he might need the full season to do so. The talent is quite obviously there, however. I just sometimes have the feeling they’re trying to teach an athlete how to play QB when I see him.
Million dollar arm but a ten cent head. I hope he develops the mental part of his game. Could be amazing.

Back