What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WBB '18 GA Wing Cameron Swartz (Signed to COLORADO)

Link for tweet http://www.ajc.com/sports/high-school/ajc-girls-all-state-basketball-teams/kTsjiGRhhP0N0DjMm3K5MM/

Swartz plays for a private school

Class A-private

First team
G Mikayla Coombs, Wesleyan, 5-10, Sr.
(UConn ESPN 14th)

G Maya Dodson, St. Francis, 6-1, Sr.
(Stanford ESPN 11th)

G Morgan Jones, Our Lady of Mercy, 6-2, Jr. (Undecided ESPN 19th)

C Kasiyahna Kushkituah, St. Francis, 6-3, Sr. (Tennessee ESPN 55th)

G Khayla Pointer, Holy Innocents’, 5-9, Sr.
(LSU ESPN 71st)

Second team
G Anna Claire Atha, Darlington, 5-9, Sr.
G Hanna Grogan, Lakeview Academy, 5-8, Sr.
F Kaila Hubbard, Holy Innocents’, 5-10, Jr.
G Margaret Metz, Pinecrest Academy, 5-5, Sr.
G Cameron Swartz, Fellowship Christian, 5-10, Jr.

Or it could be one of those political things. The ones picking the team like certain schools and coaches.

Have no idea in this case but a lot of times HS all-state teams aren't close to the real answer. If somebody doesn't like her coach?

It looks like GA is loaded with talent and they go for SR's more on first team.

I continue to be impressed by her play. She has a variety of skills on the offensive end and I believe she will develop into a very good college player.
Hopefully she is active on social media and is recruiting some classmates with her level of talent.

After Edb60's post in the other known 2018 commit's (Sirena Tuitele) thread mentioned how Prospects Nation had updated their 2018 Top 150 player rankings and she'd been listed (at #96), thought I'd check quick and see if Ms. Swartz was listed, and she is, coming in at #150.
(Her profile page- http://prospectsnation.com/player/cameron-swartz . Overall top 150 listing - http://prospectsnation.com/players/ranked/2018 )
FINALLY Cameron gets some recognition. Although IMO this is still not high enough but at least they bumped her from 3* to 4*.

I've written this perhaps too many time, but I can't believe she's not at least a top 100 rated player, if not top 75 given what I've seen in the highlights. I wonder if her club team just hasn't gotten to the tournaments where she could have been evaluated by the staff at PN and other groups?

Cam's team won the Nike National Championship this summer. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Cam played behind the 40th ranked player on this team. Guessing maybe 30 or so players ranked higher than Cam plan to attend non-Power 5 schools.

Cam had interest and offers from, besides Colorado, Georgia, Michigan, Wake Forest, Virginia, etc.

She will prove to us that she is a baller.

I've written this perhaps too many time, but I can't believe she's not at least a top 100 rated player, if not top 75 given what I've seen in the highlights. I wonder if her club team just hasn't gotten to the tournaments where she could have been evaluated by the staff at PN and other groups?

As buffgal said above, rankings seem different that what major colleges seem to think differ from what the rankings say. We beat legit power 5 schools for both our 2018 commits.

I wonder how much time and effort is put into evaluating players by the women's services? Could it be there is less money to be made and therefore less invested byt he recruiting services for women's basketball v men's basketball?

Regardless, I feel Cameron will be a difference maker at CU.

I wonder how much time and effort is put into evaluating players by the women's services? Could it be there is less money to be made and therefore less invested byt he recruiting services for women's basketball v men's basketball?

Regardless, I feel Cameron will be a difference maker at CU.
Of course that's the reason for spotty coverage. Forget star rankings for WBB. Look for evaluations done by individuals you trust. Hell, most of MBB recruiting coverage is garbage because there's no money in it for ESPN/Yahoo-Rivals/247sports as compared to football, which butters their bread.

Of course that's the reason for spotty coverage. Forget star rankings for WBB. Look for evaluations done by individuals you trust. Hell, most of MBB recruiting coverage is garbage because there's no money in it for ESPN/Yahoo-Rivals/247sports as compared to football, which butters their bread.

I just look at who offers the kid meaning who is recruiting them. The girls on social media will always thank a school for an offer. That's why I like both kids we got. If we are just beating out CO St or SMU or Whatever then I will worry.

I see lots of players getting offers from schools that are not comparable to a P5 school. If they end up accepted one of those instead of a lone offer from a P5 school, they most likely were not P5 caliber.

I also see some players with offers all from one conference, like the B1G. That tells me the player is not interested in another conference so don't waste your resources and $ recruiting them.

Quick question - anyone know why didn't Cameron sign during early signing period? She's been committed for a while.... ......

Thanks for that response CUoldtimer - I'm an idiot and just need to read/scroll above... ...I just saw the thread title and thought our two women commitments didn't sign for some reason....

Thanks for that response CUoldtimer - I'm an idiot and just need to read/scroll above... ...I just saw the thread title and thought our two women commitments didn't sign for some reason....

I didn't see your post. I just called them our signees. I think we got to underrated kids based on their offers. Excited about both.

Just to confirm- based on the tweets I pasted in post #77, both Ms. Swartz and Ms. Tuitele have signed.

(To mods- could you update this and Ms. Tuitele's thread titles so they say signed rather than verbal?
Edit- just saw I started the Tuitele thread, so was able to change that title myself.)

Highlights from Cam's game last night. She was feeling it. Cam dishes, shoots and scores, steals, rebounds, etc. I know it's high school but I'm looking forward to watching Cam.

1) This old guy had to turn the volume down.

2) This is just HS but the other team didn't look terrible like you would expect.

3) As ManhattanBuff said, her team only scored 57 and she had a few assists so it looks like she had a part in about 95% of the points.

4) We need scoring and she had what us old guys used to call having a "soft touch" around the basket and from outside.

5) Did anybody else feel sorry for the other team?

Back