What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WBB '18 GA Wing Cameron Swartz (Signed to COLORADO)

Her flair for getting pushing the pace and getting to the basket reminds me a bit of Kennedy. She's fearless, and believes she can score on just about every possession whether it's a layup or a trey.

I wonder what her 3 pt % is? A lot of her shots from the perimeter look a bit off balance. Of course in the highlights she hits all of them :)

More from dad.....

Great utube highlight film

It looks like she can score from anywhere on the court in many different ways. She doesn't seem to lack in confidence considering where she shot some of those threes from either.

Her flair for getting pushing the pace and getting to the basket reminds me a bit of Kennedy. She's fearless, and believes she can score on just about every possession whether it's a layup or a trey.

I wonder what her 3 pt % is? A lot of her shots from the perimeter look a bit off balance. Of course in the highlights she hits all of them :)

I don't think she has the luxury of taking open threes on balance. According to that tweet, she averages 33.5 points. The team as a whole averages 46.25 a game if you hit the max preps link on page 3.

My guess is because she is so good, Cam is being double and triple teamed.

Good point. I watched it again. The girls on D are just chasing her around. Every shot contested that's not a fast break or long three. The first team is all over her.

And there she goes again ......
What only 40 points? ;) Seriously, I don't think CU has every signed a player that has been scoring in HS like Swartz does. She seems to consistently go for over 30 points and scores over 80% of her team's points in every game.

I am curious about the level of competition she is facing.

.................I am curious about the level of competition she is facing.
Looks like Georgia has divisions of 1A Private, 1A Public, then 2A, 3A, up to 7A. Cameron's school plays in the 1A Private. But outside of the state tournament, they seem to play schools at various levels. The current Christmas tourney they are playing in they play against teams from 4A, 6A, and 2A. This game in which Cameron scored "only" 40 was against a 2A team. The 35 point game a few days ago looks to have been against a 4A team. And she scored 27 against the 6A team. But the rest of her team only added 9 points.

Looks like Georgia has divisions of 1A Private, 1A Public, then 2A, 3A, up to 7A. Cameron's school plays in the 1A Private. But outside of the state tournament, they seem to play schools at various levels. The current Christmas tourney they are playing in they play against teams from 4A, 6A, and 2A. This game in which Cameron scored "only" 40 was against a 2A team. The 35 point game a few days ago looks to have been against a 4A team. And she scored 27 against the 6A team. But the rest of her team only added 9 points.

Yea, it looks like she can score against any level but her team is another matter. 27 for her vs a 6A team but only 9 for her teammates? That's nuts. I would imagine Atlanta, GA is above most cities/states in basketball competition I assume they are about to play schools in Jan/Feb only at their level so the scoring shouldn't go down. I think both her and peanut will see a lot of PT next year.

Here's another video with Cam highlights. Let's up she can score like this at CU.

She will find herself defended WAY tighter in PAC12 games than what she is seeing in that video. But she looks quick getting off her 3 point shot with a good catch and shoot move. Huggins was a great 3 point shooter but she needed more time to get her feet set for the shot than PAC 12 defenders would give her. Cam looks like she may be able to beat a defender who isn't on her on the catch.

Back