What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WBB off season news

buffgal

Club Member
Club Member
2021 off season news

Madison Buford has put her name in the transfer portal per raoul on Twitter.

Played in 71 games, shot .174 from the floor and averaged 1.2 points.

Was a Juco transfer. JR has not had a lot of success with Juco transfers.

Smith has not seen much playing time at CU. I would have to look up to see if she has even played this season.

I'm sorry to see Kulinska in the portal. She made some good contributions to the Buffs this season.

Looked at the linked by AztecBuff and there are 157 players transferring from P5 programs. There are some programs with upward of 5 players transferring. If JR wants to go the transfer direction she could up the level of talent on the roster now that there are three more scholarships available.

My take on where the program is that this season was about the ceiling with the level of talent on the current roster. And of course this season best player, Mya Hollingshed is a senior. If she doesn't return there will be a huge hole to fill.

Hopefully Sherrod returns pain free and healthy. The replacements don't have the basketball savvy she does.

Just wanted to congratulate Stanford, who just won a 1 point game over South Carolina to advance to the NCAA Finals!

Also, best wishes to Arizona (who've already had a great tourney as a #3 seed) in the 2nd Final 4 game, as they're set to tip off at 7:30 PM MT (on ESPN) as heavy (+13.5-14.0 point) underdogs to perennial power UConn.

Last edited:
Anyone know how much money per unit is earned for the P12 in the W-Dance?

Anyone know how much money per unit is earned for the P12 in the W-Dance?

Just per a quick Google search, sounds like women's basketball doesn't award any units or income to schools or conferences based on tourney results.

From the article from last month at https://www.wsj.com/articles/march-madness-womens-college-basketball-ncaa-tournament-11616155596

"
Connecticut will aim to win its seventh title in the past decade when the women’s NCAA tournament gets underway in San Antonio on Sunday. Yet even if the No. 1 seeded Huskies cut down the nets, neither the university nor its athletic conference, the Big East, will see a single additional cent from the NCAA to reward their tournament run.

March Madness for the men is a multibillion-dollar gusher for the NCAA, thanks to its recently extended $19.6 billion, 22-year deal television deal. Teams and conferences benefit from that bounty. A team’s Cinderella run can pad its conference’s financial coffers for years.

The broadcast revenue generated by the women’s tournament, however, is just a slice of NCAA’s deal with ESPN for championships in 24 other men’s and women’s sports, which runs through 2023-24 and is worth about $500 million over 14 years—or about $35 million annually. The women’s basketball tournament doesn’t turn a profit, nor does the NCAA factor its results into its annual financial distributions to schools as it does for the men.
"

Just per a quick Google search, sounds like women's basketball doesn't award any units or income to schools or conferences based on tourney results.

From the article from last month at https://www.wsj.com/articles/march-madness-womens-college-basketball-ncaa-tournament-11616155596

"
Connecticut will aim to win its seventh title in the past decade when the women’s NCAA tournament gets underway in San Antonio on Sunday. Yet even if the No. 1 seeded Huskies cut down the nets, neither the university nor its athletic conference, the Big East, will see a single additional cent from the NCAA to reward their tournament run.

March Madness for the men is a multibillion-dollar gusher for the NCAA, thanks to its recently extended $19.6 billion, 22-year deal television deal. Teams and conferences benefit from that bounty. A team’s Cinderella run can pad its conference’s financial coffers for years.

The broadcast revenue generated by the women’s tournament, however, is just a slice of NCAA’s deal with ESPN for championships in 24 other men’s and women’s sports, which runs through 2023-24 and is worth about $500 million over 14 years—or about $35 million annually. The women’s basketball tournament doesn’t turn a profit, nor does the NCAA factor its results into its annual financial distributions to schools as it does for the men.
"
Thanks

Also, I don't want to dwell on this, but... how the hell do you beat that Stanford team and end up with a .500 record?

I'm not watching, but looks like Arizona is up 9 (48-39) heading into the 4th quarter as it tries to upset UConn.

Also, I don't want to dwell on this, but... how the hell do you beat that Stanford team and end up with a .500 record?

If you are talking about CU, Sherrod had already made her decision that was going to be her last game before her surgery. She was determined they were going to beat Stanford and not come close like in previous seasons. They also made free throws that came and hit 3's.

Defense on Stanford was excellent.

Charlotte Whittaker will miss all of next season to recovering from hip surgery. She will have two years of elligibility when she returns.

CU needs to find a post in the transfer portal.

For those not watching, Stanford is up 7 (31-24) at the half in their national championship game against Arizona. Stanford got up early 16-5, Arizona came back to tie (and I believe maybe even lead by a point or two), but then Stanford had a slightly better end to the 2nd quarter to grab a little lead (with 3 of their starters sitting with 2 fouls late).

(Wondering how much it might affect Arizona's tournament run (making the final as a #3 seed) to face a conference opponent, especially one who handled them pretty easily (27 and 16 point wins) during the regular season.)

Arizona is charging and has it within 1 with momentum at 2:40 left

Horrible possession by Stanford.

Zona with a chance

I know they seem to have analytics on everything nowadays so it's being done right most of the time, but I swear most of the times teams seem to wait too long to start a play. (Maybe 12 seconds should be the magic number most times?)

I know they seem to have analytics on everything nowadays so it's being done right most of the time, but I swear most of the times teams seem to wait too long to start a play. (Maybe 12 seconds should be the magic number most times?)
Or at least run something with options like a clear out for a basic pick & roll. Furd tried to feed the post with 7 seconds left & had no secondary option when it wasn't there.

Wouldn't probably bother posting this for the specific news itself, but thought it's helpful to know in general that center is one position the Buffs appear to be looking for a transfer.

Back