What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We now take you to Oxford, Mississippi...

Remember when we said the same thing about Baylor a year ago and then they went out and got one of the best up and comers in college football? Ole miss will open up the checkbook for whoever they want especially after not having to pay a buyout.
The actual NCAA sanctions make Ole Miss different from baylor. I've already come to terms with the fact that the worst punishment to Baylor football has already happened.

The actual NCAA sanctions make Ole Miss different from baylor. I've already come to terms with the fact that the worst punishment to Baylor football has already happened.
Maybe, a lot of times that **** doesn't matter though and coaches go where the money takes them.

Remember when we said the same thing about Baylor a year ago and then they went out and got one of the best up and comers in college football? Ole miss will open up the checkbook for whoever they want especially after not having to pay a buyout.

Apples and Oranges. Baylor won't get hit hard (if they do at all) by the NCAA because the issues at the heart of that situation are way out of their depth. Two, the Penn State situation played into how the NCAA will handle/has handled Baylor. Mark Emmert caved to public outcry and hammered Penn State. As we know, the NCAA was forced to walk back the sanctions after being sued by both the estate of Joe Paterno and the Pennsylvania treasurer. On the other hand, nobody at Ole Miss is alleged to have broken federal or state laws (based on what we know now). Thus, it's all in the NCAA's jurisdiction, and they can hammer Ole Miss.

I got the bulk of my information for this post from an Andy Staples piece for SI entitled Why the NCAA won't punish Baylor. It's a good read, and explains that situation versus the Ole Miss deal.

And it would be a mistake for him to seriously listen.

someone will listen-- the dollars will be a powerful lure.

i used to wonder what would compel a hard-charging hot coach with upward velocity to go to a lot of those sec schools. i mean, first of all, you actually have to live there. but, then, as i watched guys go take those jobs, i realized something-- basically no rules, a lifetime annuity in salary and benefits, and no expectation of character building or glad-handing donors. just win. saban is the ultimate expression, the perfect embodiment, of an sec coach. he doesn't give a **** what anyone thinks. he doesn't concern himself with anything other than how to win football games. and there is a gigantic, impressive support system in place to help him.

that's what gets a guy with other options to go to the dumpster fire that is now oxford... or similar.

Les Miles is a great fit. He probably has 5 more years in him as a head coach before retirement. If he is successful, it cements his legacy. If not, he can blame the sanctions, etc, and he still gets paid then retires.

Ole Miss's Rivals Board has both MacIntyre and Bobo listed on their coaching hire "Hot Board" list. They also included Lane Kiffin.

Clay Travis just pointed out that Lane Kiffin's twitter account suddenly just started following a bunch of Ole Miss football accounts, lol.

if MM chose OleMiss I would be disappointed in him. I can't say that for many of the other speculated SEC spots he could jump ship for.

Ole Miss's Rivals Board has both MacIntyre and Bobo listed on their coaching hire "Hot Board" list. They also included Lane Kiffin.

Clay Travis just pointed out that Lane Kiffin's twitter account suddenly just started following a bunch of Ole Miss football accounts, lol.
Please let the Lane Kiffin hire happen.

I would think Bobo would be more excited than MM. I could see that move if he has a winning season. Get out of FoCo as soon as possible.

I don't see Mike Mac leaving but I've seen strange things happen before. The question I'd have about Hugh Freeze, does anybody give him a shot at a damn job even? I mean like Christian my ass, actions speak.

I don't see Mike Mac leaving but I've seen strange things happen before. The question I'd have about Hugh Freeze, does anybody give him a shot at a damn job even? I mean like Christian my ass, actions speak.

He'll likely need to try and grab an assistant gig in the League, and hope he can rehab his rep over time like Leavitt. Though all the NCAA violations are likely going to be a major barrier to coming back as a HC somewhere, especially since I think he may end up with a show cause ban for a few years. His best shot might be if a job like Louisville opens up since they don't seem to give a rip about anything as long as they win.

CSU got much, much better as the year went on. I think he's better than CU and CSU fans give him credit.
Other than the bowl game where they couldn't stop Idaho among other defensive woes last year. Which points to a very strong possibility that he's a heck of a QB Coach/ OC whose defense is completely reliant on his DC and assistants.

CSU got much, much better as the year went on. I think he's better than CU and CSU fans give him credit.
He came to a place that won 10 games off the back of some SEC transfers and a pretty veteran team that ended up sending a few guys to the NFL. He's not the recruiter or coach that McElwain was, but he's solid.

Maybe, but that sort of thing happens every year at CSU. They play crap teams and run more of a power run scheme that is good late in the year when teams are worn down.

MWC or SEC, Bobo would take that job in an instant and just like they did when Sparkles jilted them the sheep fans would somehow spin it that it is a good thing for their program.

In their eyes an SEC program taking their coach instead of ours would be evidence that they are a better program ignoring the idea that our coach wanting to stay would be a factor.

Back