What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We now take you to Oxford, Mississippi...

Bobo getting a job in the SEC would be a positive for CSU.
I'm arguing against myself here, but after posting I started thinking that Bobo getting that job would solidify CSU as a launching pad for coaches to get the elite paying jobs. They'd get to move on from a coach who was getting mediocre results at a big salary, get money back from the buyout, and have a lot of quality coordinators interested in the position. Maybe it is best if he stays where he is and continues to tread water.

I'm arguing against myself here, but after posting I started thinking that Bobo getting that job would solidify CSU as a launching pad for coaches to get the elite paying jobs. They'd get to move on from a coach who was getting mediocre results at a big salary, get money back from the buyout, and have a lot of quality coordinators interested in the position. Maybe it is best if he stays where he is and continues to tread water.
Especially since that AD has screwed him on scheduling lol, CU, OSU and Bama this year and then next year they get Arkansas, Florida and CU I believe.

MM was national coach of the year and coached as an assistant at Ole Miss. He's an easy name for anyone in the media to come up with in relation to a job opening there. I actually believe that the way Ole Miss did MM's best friend and mentor in coaching wrong (Cutcliffe) means that the Ole Miss experience is a negative if they wanted to try to poach him.

MacIntyre won 10 games here last year and was one win away from at worst the Rose Bowl. He has $165 million in new facilities and an Athletic Director who he seems to like working with. His son goes to CU and his wife likes Boulder.

Yes he worked at Ole Miss and they are in the SEC. It has been a long time since he was there. They could pay him more but he isn't suffering here and continued success here will only increase what he makes here. The Buffs aren't the NCAA train wreck that Ole Miss is.

I know we tend to be very unrealistically positive or negative about the Buffs program but in this case I don't see a big reason to worry about losing our coach. If this were one of the elite SEC programs then sure but we are a better situation than what they can offer right now.

Finebaum's take is that Ole Miss is a different culture and a bit of an acquired taste. That they rarely make a big splash hire. And, after the 2017 class getting gutted due to the controversy, if the NCAA comes down and the 2018 class gets gutted... then Ole Miss is looking at 3-5 years of being an absolute wasteland. He seems to think it's going to be hard for them to find someone who wants the job, particularly because they're not in a position to hire someone who has been successful but has had scandal or controversy attached to his name.

Another name that Ole Miss fans have brought up that they would like to see is Charlie Strong. He'd be a great hire for them but I don't see it happening. He'll have too many opportunities elsewhere.
Who knows maybe Chip will try out the SEC....he's not afraid of some recruiting violations!

Another name that Ole Miss fans have brought up that they would like to see is Charlie Strong. He'd be a great hire for them but I don't see it happening. He'll have too many opportunities elsewhere.
Who knows maybe Chip will try out the SEC....he's not afraid of some recruiting violations!
Charlie Strong will have a lot of trouble succeeding at a booster-driven program. The reality of this kept him from getting a HC job for years past when one should have been offered. It caused failure at UT. It would cause failure at Ole Miss. Strong needs to find a place where there's 1 booster who dominates (or a small group) while making sure that he has the full support and backing of him/them.

Charlie Strong will have a lot of trouble succeeding at a booster-driven program. The reality of this kept him from getting a HC job for years past when one should have been offered. It caused failure at UT. It would cause failure at Ole Miss. Strong needs to find a place where there's 1 booster who dominates (or a small group) while making sure that he has the full support and backing of him/them.
If you are a rebuilding program, is Chip Kelly even really a good fit?

Replace Charlie Strong with Chip Kelly in Nik's post and the same thought applies completely. Chip's strong suite is not booster relations, at Oregon all he had to do was get along with Phil. Can't see his functioning in Oxford.

54244859.jpg

The NCAA and Ole Miss are set for a showdown next month. Firing Freeze did little in placating the NCAA.

I think USC's punishments for the Reggie Bush Scandal are the baseline here.

Certainly been a lot of talk about them getting hammered pretty good, you're probably right there Duff.

Back