What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We now take you to USC, UA, Okie Lite, Auburn, Da U, KANSAS, & NC State

Cheaters never win. Well, I mean they win, you know, on the court and ****, and they get a lot of money, and glory. But, darn it, they never win in that big old game we call “Life.”

Last edited:
Miller is not only a sleazeball but he's also arrogant, releasing a statement saying "...I am confident I will be vindicated"

And how the **** is Ayton eligible to play tonight?
And replaced by Romar who has beem suspected of cheating for years. Fultz was named in the report. Where was Romar coaching last year?

Not understanding people who think the problem will be resolved by allowing top players to go pro. First of all that’s probably only a few players each year max. Even if you multiply it by a bunch and get rid of the top 100 high school rescruits, you know what would happen? The next hundred would be the top prospects and still get paid. Not like schools and agents would quit the game.

Not understanding people who think the problem will be resolved by allowing top players to go pro. First of all that’s probably only a few players each year max. Even if you multiply it by a bunch and get rid of the top 100 high school rescruits, you know what would happen? The next hundred would be the top prospects and still get paid. Not like schools and agents would quit the game.

Think you are 100% right here. This isn't about how good the players on the floor are relative to the NBA. It is about how good the players are relative to the competition.

For the schools it is the difference between selling 8,000 tickets per home game and selling 12,000 or 15,000. It is about TV appearances and the money that brings. Mostly it is about the money that the big donors donate or don't donate based on the results on the floor.

What getting the top 100 or so recruits out of college and into the pros or a developmental league would do, especially if combined with something like baseball does saying go pro out of HS or stay in college multiple years would be to make the number of competitive teams at the top much larger. You wouldn't have that little group of schools that are full of NBA players each year running over everybody else. You would still have the top programs but the talent gap between them and the second level would be much smaller.

I don't know what you do exactly but a few mentioned had their parents get a meal. So ****ing what? I mean, it doesn't hurt their wallet a damn bit. They profit off of top recruits. It's hypocritical at best.

The allegation on Monte Morris of Iowa State is that Dawkins bought him a meal. His mother says
"The only thing that happened was that Monte was in Atlanta training," Tonya said in her phone call. "He was training in Atlanta.
"He and and his trainer, after a workout, went to breakfast. Mr Dawkins came into restaurant about 10 minutes after they were seated. He sat at the table with Monte. They exchanged hellos."
Tonya said that's the only thing they exchanged.
"Monte paid for his pancakes and sausages, and then they left," she said.
Meeting with an agent is not against NCAA rules, so as long as money doesn't change hands and as long as meals are not provided.

Just read the following from an ESPN article today: "[Ayton] directly stated to the FBI, more than six months ago, that he never discussed or solicited payments from the University of Arizona, or any other university, or any shoe company or anyone on behalf of either -- period. This includes basketball and anything else," the statement said.
If he did say this and it is not true than he is in trouble since lying to the FBI is what gets a lot of people jail time. He and his family have until 4/15 to report the payments received as income or clarify that they were nontaxable gifts. Al Capone went to jail for tax evasion not the many other things he was involved with.

The allegation on Monte Morris of Iowa State is that Dawkins bought him a meal. His mother says
"The only thing that happened was that Monte was in Atlanta training," Tonya said in her phone call. "He was training in Atlanta.
"He and and his trainer, after a workout, went to breakfast. Mr Dawkins came into restaurant about 10 minutes after they were seated. He sat at the table with Monte. They exchanged hellos."
Tonya said that's the only thing they exchanged.
"Monte paid for his pancakes and sausages, and then they left," she said.
Meeting with an agent is not against NCAA rules, so as long as money doesn't change hands and as long as meals are not provided.

That's a similar deal to Malcolm Brogdon-You can buy a player a meal for less than $100 right?

Bill Walton didn't pull any punches on the ESPN broadcast intro of the Dick-Chards @ the Dux. Said he's rather be cycling around Eugene than be at this game under the circumstances.

I just found a 2006 Dan Wetzel article wherein Walton acknowledges having received financial benefits throughout his career at ucla. Can't link from my phone but will do it in a few hours when I get home.

The piece is called Everyone Loves A Winner

Walton is full of crap.

Last edited:
https://sports.yahoo.com/news/everyone-loves-winner-023700951--ncaab.html

"That quote comes from none other than Bill Walton, maybe the greatest Bruin of them all, in a 1978 book "Bill Walton: On the Road with the Portland Trail Blazers," which went on to detail how Sam Gilbert, a Los Angeles contractor the feds allege made millions laundering drug money, bought a decade worth of recruits for UCLA.
"It's hard for me to have a proper perspective on financial matters, since I've always had whatever I wanted since I enrolled at UCLA," Walton said.
That is the conundrum of UCLA and college sports as the Bruins go for their 12th NCAA title here Monday against Florida."

I generally like Bill, but he might want to sit this one out.

I just found a 2006 Dan Wetzel article wherein Walton acknowledges having received financial benefits throughout his career at ucla. Can't link from my phone but will do it in a few hours when I get home.

The piece is called Everyone Loves A Winner

Walton is full of crap.

Difference between him getting financial benefits while in school and Ayton getting bribed to play at UA

Adam has an interview up with tad where he discusses this. I highly recommend it. My take away from it is that tad is confident our recruiting is above board, but is worried about agent payments to players after they got here because he just doesn't know

That's a similar deal to Malcolm Brogdon-You can buy a player a meal for less than $100 right?

I just looked at the guide for boosters, friends, etc. I don't know if I read correctly, but I think it says you can not buy a recruit a meal at a restaurant. It then goes on to say if the amount of the violation is less than $100, the athlete doesn't have to pay it back. However, the athlete can not play while it's investigated.

Coach Barry told me many years ago that once you meet the criteria of booster, it never goes away.

The whole thing is a mess, not much doubt there. It's not consistent punishment at all. North Carolina got caught for academic fraud basically and they didn't touch them for it. A different governing body needs to happen, the NCAA is a joke.

Stan Van Gundy also went on a rant about the NCAA. He's protecting fellow coaches, and while I love his brother, not the biggest Stan fan. Still, I like how NBA personalities are calling out the NCAA. I like it when anyone publicly calls out the NCAA tbh.

Stan Van Gundy also went on a rant about the NCAA. He's protecting fellow coaches, and while I love his brother, not the biggest Stan fan. Still, I like how NBA personalities are calling out the NCAA. I like it when anyone publicly calls out the NCAA tbh.
NBA is the only organization that could fix this. All it has to do is ban any agent that has made contact with a player under the age of 18.

I guess Jalen is still a little bitter about the Fab Five thing. I do not blame him for taking the opportunity to stick it up the NCAA's backside sideways. I guess he won't be on the NCAA Christmas Card list this year. Go Jalen.

Back