What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We should be trying to add a (quality) transfer every year

He gets kudos for bringing in Carlon Brown, but despite that working out extremely well the next year he thought we would be better of with the likes of Talton and Stalzer rather then a adding a transfer, he didn't leave room for any transfers for next year, and at least thus far we haven't been linked to any for 2014. And Sabatino Chen and his 2ppg at DU does not qualify as a quality transfer, far from it. Much like his (stated) offensive system/style of play, Tad's actions do not always back up his words.

Do you even watch the games? Chen was HUGE for us at times this year. We don't even make the tournament without Chen, IMO. Talton made significant improvement and could be a real player. Jury is still out on Stalzer.

I hope your daddy has a lot of money, because you aren't going far in the corporate world with your unsupported bull**** and jack-assery.

I actually agree with JRK. Look at Oregon these last two years as an example.

Would they have been as successful this year without Kazemi ? Hardly. Joseph/Olashlu two years ago? All of those players were huge for them and contributed right away. I think we should start exploiting the transfer markets like Oregon.

5th year grad transfers should always be an option because you get instant contributors that can help out your team in a variety of ways.

If Andre leaves, we could definitely use one to help with our rebounding/defense.

I like this idea a lot.

Would they have been as successful this year without Kazemi ? Hardly. Joseph/Olashlu two years ago? All of those players were huge for them and contributed right away. I think we should start exploiting the transfer markets like Oregon.

5th year grad transfers should always be an option because you get instant contributors that can help out your team in a variety of ways.

If Andre leaves, we could definitely use one to help with our rebounding/defense.

I like this idea a lot.
^^^^ didn't read thread.

In order for JRK to not be critical Boyle will have to:

Go undefeated
Win the Conference/National Tournament
Every player graduates with a 4.0
Signs the # 1 overall class with the 1-5 ranked players
Those players then go on to be drafted 1-5 in the NBA draft

What am I missing?

In order for JRK to not be critical Boyle will have to:

Go undefeated
Win the Conference/National Tournament
Every player graduates with a 4.0
Signs the # 1 overall class with the 1-5 ranked players
Those players then go on to be drafted 1-5 in the NBA draft

What am I missing?
have the #1 offense (especially with a high tempo) and the #1 defense in ALL CATEGORIES.

If we can't find the rebound 'beast mode' transfer (if Dre bounces), I would highly encourage to go find a sharpshooter for a year. We DESPERATELY need that. We aren't going Sweet 16 w/o luck unless the accuracy from the bonusphere improves drastically.

I like this idea a lot.

No one is arguing against transfers. You probably do not actually agree with JRKmyself. Like Snow indicated, read back through the thread before you post.

I disagree with JRK. Tad needs to recruit only 5 star players that all stay 4 years and average double doubles their entire career.

Until Tad gets every team we face to forfeit before tip-off because we're too good, I'm not impressed.

Also, why isn't he coaching CU for free? He hasn't won a national championship yet.

Basically, we're in a building phase. We can't quite absorb our best players leaving too early. At the same time, we're recruiting better talent than we are losing to graduation. If graduate, juco or other transfers help fill this gap, then that's the route Tad needs to go. As good as our recruiting has become, JRK has a point -- it's not quite to the level where we can lose a guy early to the NBA and simply reload with 18 year olds.

Basically, we're in a building phase. We can't quite absorb our best players leaving too early. At the same time, we're recruiting better talent than we are losing to graduation. If graduate, juco or other transfers help fill this gap, then that's the route Tad needs to go. As good as our recruiting has become, JRK has a point -- it's not quite to the level where we can lose a guy early to the NBA and simply reload with 18 year olds.

Oh great!

Somebody mixed up the reels in the projection booth and we get part of a documentary on safe sex, right in the middle of Animal House!!!

Carlon Brown, Kevin Nelson, Jeremy Adams, Sabatino Chen. Anyone else I'm missing? I think he's doing a pretty good job...

"It is critical that I find a program that offers me the greatest chance of taking what I have learned over the last three years to the highest level," Black said in a press conference held at his Memphis home, attended by the Commercial Appeal. "

And he's looking for a team like us.

Black would be a great fit if Roberson leaves, but he had issues with his coach and walked out of a practice this year. Doesn't sound like a Tad Boyle type of player. He's also from the South, a long way from Colorado.

Do you even watch the games? Chen was HUGE for us at times this year. We don't even make the tournament without Chen, IMO. Talton made significant improvement and could be a real player. Jury is still out on Stalzer.

1. It's ridiculous to say that we wouldn't have made the tourney without Chen; he got a lot of love on here but at the end of the day he averaged all of 4PPG this year and the leadership which he allegedly supplied appeared to be non-existent. I can however think of one game this year (ASU) we would have won without him and his puzzling defense on the final play.
2. Talton averaged just 1 PPG but you seriously wan't to claim that he made significant improvement even with such low output? He didn't really improve anyways, his numbers were more or less the same from the beginning of the season to the end. He hits one big three against Zona and suddenly everyone is creaming themselves.
3. The jury is in on Stalzer and Talton; neither is very good and given the way that Tad has been recruiting taking one and certainly both of them especially considering that they play the same position was a huge mistake.

azbuff;1358168I said:
hope your daddy has a lot of money, because you aren't going far in the corporate world with your unsupported bull**** and jack-assery.

1. The guy at Goldman-Sachs who just gave me summer internship over hundreds of other applicants disagrees.
2. Daddy does have a lot of money just in case.
3. You can go far in life being a jackass, nice guys finish last.
4. Who are you to talk about unsupported bull**** (see above).

Hey we are gentlemen here. We hang our junk out the window and cream on the road and sometimes on the car a little bit.

Back