What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We should be trying to add a (quality) transfer every year

Totally, he acts like a Cal student. Go find a job at a liquor store like every other CU grad jrk.

Probably a Furd student who wants us to see through his ploy of pretending to be a CU student who is really a BYU fan masquerading as a Utah fan and have us to come to the conclusion that it's a Cal student pulling the prank and being a total troll. Layers upon layers upon layers. ****ing Trees and their supercomputer-like brains.

Maybe furd. Don't think he's a Cal guy. It's not me or any of my drinking-poster buddies and I've already used my second nom de plume here.

Last edited:
1. It's ridiculous to say that we wouldn't have made the tourney without Chen; he got a lot of love on here but at the end of the day he averaged all of 4PPG this year and the leadership which he allegedly supplied appeared to be non-existent. I can however think of one game this year (ASU) we would have won without him and his puzzling defense on the final play.
2. Talton averaged just 1 PPG but you seriously wan't to claim that he made significant improvement even with such low output? He didn't really improve anyways, his numbers were more or less the same from the beginning of the season to the end. He hits one big three against Zona and suddenly everyone is creaming themselves.
3. The jury is in on Stalzer and Talton; neither is very good and given the way that Tad has been recruiting taking one and certainly both of them especially considering that they play the same position was a huge mistake.

1. The guy at Goldman-Sachs who just gave me summer internship over hundreds of other applicants disagrees.
2. Daddy does have a lot of money just in case.
3. You can go far in life being a jackass, nice guys finish last.
4. Who are you to talk about unsupported bull**** (see above).

Chen had 12 v. Utah (W by 10), 10 @ OSU (W by 4), 10 v. USC (W by 6), 15 @ UA (bull**** OT Loss, possibly factored into tournament committee's seeding), 7 v. Texas Southern (2OT Win), and 8 v. MSU (W by 7). I'm guessing we were 2-3 losses away from missing the tournament, especially if one of those losses was Texas Southern. Obviously Chen's productivity would have been replaced to some extent by whoever got his minutes. Having said that, Chen was a huge factor in the outcome @ OSU, OT game @ UA, and v. Texas Southern. His effect on the outcome v. USC is debatable, and v. Utah and MSU even more so. At the same time, the above analysis only factors in the effect of Chen's scoring on the outcome of the game, not assists, rebounds, etc. Plus, who do you think would have gotten Chen's minutes? That's right...your boys Talton and Stalzer.

Any Internet tough guy can claim an internship at Goldman-Sachs. I bet you had to Google it to figure out the correct spelling.

Until he brings us an undefeated season and a national championship, Tad can, and should be questioned. It's our responsibility has fans.

He's done a great job so far of turning around the program but a blemish of any kind on our record means that he can do better. You play to win the game! Nothing wrong with setting the bar high.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!:rofl:

1. The guy at Goldman-Sachs who just gave me summer internship over hundreds of other applicants disagrees.
2. Daddy does have a lot of money just in case.
3. You can go far in life being a jackass, nice guys finish last.
4. Who are you to talk about unsupported bull**** (see above).

I predict the poster's about 15. Nice guys typically also finish with wife's and nice savings accounts. No matter what level you get to, being a dick will catch up with you.

I predict the poster's about 15. Nice guys typically also finish with wife's and nice savings accounts. No matter what level you get to, being a dick will catch up with you.

Nice guys dont finish last idiots do. J-R-K probably isnt a idiot but he's a perfect example of why i try not hire men under the age of 25, the world needs to give them a smashing good kick in the teeth before i want to deal with managing them.

Absinthe didnt get accepted to Cal, or Furd; he was stuck picking between: CU, CU in tha hood, or CU with extra patchouli.

The whole hiring threw me off for a minute. I was thinking that you were a business owner not assistant manger at the 7/11 like the brightest CU grads. Also can I have next Sunday off?

The whole hiring threw me off for a minute. I was thinking that you were a business owner not assistant manger at the 7/11 like the brightest CU grads. Also can I have next Sunday off?

If you actually show up on time for next week i'll think about it.

http://wap.rivals.com/newsdetail.asp?CID=1471339

This rivals article suggests that the Buffs have some interest in San Jacinto JC scorer Zach Lofton. I wonder if that's accurate. Lofton has three years of eligibility left.

Looks like he's an efficient scorer who improved as the season went along and they got into conference play. In-conference, 40% from 3pt and just under 80% on FTs while scoring just under 18 ppg. http://stats.njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2012-13/div1/players/zachlofton4jgp

Just a question that probably has been answered already, but whats the deadline of getting a transfer? If dre leaves, that opens up a scholarship which means we could bring in a guy like a Jeremy Adams who can play right away correct. But if Dre decides to leave on the April 29th deadline would it be too late to bring in someone?

(in response to Nik)

Yeah. And I like the fact that he's a little older, having both a year at prep school and a year at JC. Wichita showed this season that the extra year or two of physical/mental maturity makes a difference. And the Buffs really need a dependable scorer.

Just a question that probably has been answered already, but whats the deadline of getting a transfer? If dre leaves, that opens up a scholarship which means we could bring in a guy like a Jeremy Adams who can play right away correct. But if Dre decides to leave on the April 29th deadline would it be too late to bring in someone?

Transfers can be accepted until the start of the fall semester and play immediately. We could even take a mid-year transfer and have him available for conference and tourney play.

The regular signing period for the 2013 class is about to start, too. Officially, it lasts from April 17th to May 15th. I'm not expecting us to sign anyone out of high school to add to the current class, but you never know.

Paul Jespersen is transferring from UVA despite being a starter this past season. He's a 6'6 sharpshooter. Wasn't hitting at a high clip, but the potential is there. Nice stroke and his confidence is growing. He's from Wisconsin so he'll probably be headed back to that neck of the woods. Will be a junior after he sits out.

1. It's ridiculous to say that we wouldn't have made the tourney without Chen; he got a lot of love on here but at the end of the day he averaged all of 4PPG this year and the leadership which he allegedly supplied appeared to be non-existent. I can however think of one game this year (ASU) we would have won without him and his puzzling defense on the final play.
2. Talton averaged just 1 PPG but you seriously wan't to claim that he made significant improvement even with such low output? He didn't really improve anyways, his numbers were more or less the same from the beginning of the season to the end. He hits one big three against Zona and suddenly everyone is creaming themselves.
3. The jury is in on Stalzer and Talton; neither is very good and given the way that Tad has been recruiting taking one and certainly both of them especially considering that they play the same position was a huge mistake.
If the game were purely driven by players that know how to stuff the stat line, then why does a guy like Dominique Wilkens have 0 rings? Why does a guy like Bill Russell have double digit rings vs Wilt Chamberlain's 1 ring? Why do more people read Sports Illustrated on line than the ridiculous ramblings of J-R-K? 1- In regards to chen, he brings elements to a team that don't show up in the stat line, but only some of the best coaches in the country can see the true value of glue guys like him, kazemi and horning.... please see this link http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/news/20130314/hoop-thoughts/index.html. And in regards to wins, its not the 4pt/g.... it has always been the defense as witnessed against Baylor, Dayton, USC, and numerous other games, so yes he could have easily been a factor in 2-4 wins if we take your point on the freshman guards... who has the defensive tenacity for next season will be the real question and concern. 2-Talton's value was not his points but the confidence in his overall play, especially ball handling and defense as the last third of the season showed, he provided key resting minutes for spencer and ski. Why would booker defer going in for him in one of the games if he wasn't a factor? If you have any clue as to the philosophy of this coaching staff, then read this clearly.... to get minutes, you have to play defense...as witnessed to the growth of X Johnson... he couldn't get into the starting lineup until he proved he could play consistent defense and not get into foul trouble... 3-the jury is out on stalzer and talton? yes they are freshman, let's think this through.... how many freshman over the last 15 years that came to CU are of the caliber of spencer, burks or scott? if I remember correctly, we're in Colorado w/ Tad boyle as coach... moving in the right direction, not in north Carolina or Kentucky... these 2 freshman have the character and fortitude to put in the time and work to get better, we will see this November...not sure what your expectations are??? just literally 3 years ago we hardly averaged 2-4k attendance at the keg and this year we're at 10k?!?!?! I do know this... Tad is making all the right moves and if he makes a mistake... so be it... its college basketball, not a science, an art, warts and all....As to your internship w/ GS... are you proud of yourself??? you should be.. I would.. but hasn't GS ever had a misstep? please see any and all of the SEC fines they've paid the last decade....and I'm sure as you get into the 4-6th week of your internship... the managers at GS will be saying the same thing... the jury is out on that JRK kid....

Per Ryan Thorburn, if Dre goes to the NBA there is currently one (and only one) specific transfer that we would target (not someone who would be eligible right away). If we didn't land them the scholly wouldn't go to another 2013 player but would be banked for 2014. Probably a fluid situation so who knows how accurate this will end up being but some scoop is nice nonetheless.

Per Ryan Thorburn, if Dre goes to the NBA there is currently one (and only one) specific transfer that we would target (not someone who would be eligible right away). If we didn't land them the scholly wouldn't go to another 2013 player but would be banked for 2014. Probably a fluid situation so who knows how accurate this will end up being but some scoop is nice nonetheless.

Thanks DBT

Someone is going to land a sleeping giant sharpshooter with solid size wherever Paul Jesperson decides to end up. He's got the form, just needs consistent confidence. Looks like he'll go for guaranteed minutes at a smaller school, although he started 33 games this past year at UVA...

In light of the team's current performance specifically that of the players outside of the "big-4", now the big-3, it's time to have this discussion again. As we have seen this year, recruits are unreliable. They may look good on paper but that doesn't mean they will turn out to be any good and/or it may take then several years to fulfill their potential. Transfers are proven commodities, you can actually look how they produced at the d-1 (and many produce at high levels) rather then simply projection as with high school players. The learning/developmental curve they face is also typically much smaller if existent at all. They are going to be much more ready from day-1.

So why does the great Tad-winner of exactly one NCAA tournament game during his career, keep adding all these recruits? How bout specifically Stalzer and King late in the spring? Call me crazy but I think we might just be better off a couple upperclassman 15 ppg scorers then these two and that's hardly a "well hindsight is 20/20" type sentiment. You might be thinking, but JRK, you make it sound so easy, if it really was Tad would clearly be doing this. Well the reality, as shown by the players CSU and other smaller schools have been been able to bring in, is that many of these players don't end up at elite level programs, and even for those who are highly sought after its not like we're an undesirable program. You would have thought that Carlon Brown coming in and leading us in scoring then carrying us to the NCAA tournament would have inspired the use of additional transfers, but clearly that's far too logical. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but this sentiment seem pretty cut and dry, not sure how anyone, including Tad, can disagree with this post.

Its working out so well for CSU. The team that is going to have to scrape by to get into the NIT.

Back