What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What are the expectations going forward in football?

That would be great. But playing in the playoffs twice a decade is more of a goal than an expectation.

My expectation is a bowl game every year and to win the pac 12 south once every 5 years.

My first post was more goal oriented and not what the OP asked. I should be flogged.

That would be great. But playing in the playoffs twice a decade is more of a goal than an expectation.
I think playing in it once a decade isn't too far from being a legitimate expectation; which means 2+ times a decade needs to be the goal.

We've only got four more years to win a conference title to keep our "at least once a decade" streak alive (in our whole history we only missed the 50s). I think of that as a short term goal, and it's one I want pretty badly.
We also have a streak going of having at least one Top 10 finish in every decade since the '50s, which, when combined with having a NC, a Heisman, and Top 25 wins all time, puts us in very elite company. Four years to get it done.

I think I smell the smell of Koolaid.
18ef03eda893a19cddffd3465b96a2ea246f970d64f04a3bd4699459a414f3e6.jpg

short - Win at least 6 games. (bowl would be wonderful)
after 2016 season - Our Buffs should be in a bowl game every year, any bowl at a minimum. Get back to the position of playing for conference championships every season. Give the fans a reason to fill the stadium.

WIN !

Short term: bowl game or else

Long term: compete for the conference championship every year, top ten finish 4 years out of five.

You dont spend 150 million upgrading facilities to compete for a division title once in a while. We have facilities on a par with Oregon and Stanford now. Now we have to set the long term goal of taking them down.

Long term: compete for the conference championship every year, top ten finish 4 years out of five.

You dont spend 150 million upgrading facilities to compete for a division title once in a while. We have facilities on a par with Oregon and Stanford now. Now we have to set the long term goal of taking them down.
I want to go on record as being staunchly against taking down the new facilities.

Basketball expectations are different. This is a football school. Consistently pretty good and entertaining won't cut it. Need to get to that level and maintain it first, though. The 2017 recruiting class needs to be good enough to set a realistic expectation of competing for conference titles starting 2-3 years from now.

This is it.

Sounds like a wet dream, but I am all in.

Yeah, I know this is a football school. That doesn't change my expectations. The football team should win twice as many as it loses- just like the basketball team.

honestly if we could be Washington or UCLA or ASU of the last few years most years, that'd be sweet. Then sprinkle in some years where we get to USC/Stanford/Oregon level every so often. All while hopefully mitigating CU of the last 10 years to once in a blue moon.

Bowl game or Mac needs to go.

Top 30 as the usual floor long term. An outlier here or there can always happen, but we should be a perennial top 30 team where being ranked is the norm.

I'm not sure where the line between expectations and hope is. I expect to win six and go to a bowl game. I hope to win 7 or 8. I kind of expect we may have a good '16 and, maybe, drop off a bit in '17. But I don't have a feel for who we lose after '16 and how our talent projects in '17. I do have a long term belief and expectation that Colorado can be a perennial top 25 program. I also expect Mac will be gone if my expectations are not met!

. Basketball is different IMO because one player has such an impact and recruiting is so shady.
Can't help but think of what would have been this year, if Hield had just made the right choice. Hield & Scott? Whoo Boy....

Short term: 5 wins. If we don't make it to a bowl but our recruiting momentum stays in dramatic upward trajectory (3+ 4stars, 8+ three stars with P5 offers) I want to retain the staff.
Long term: Bowling every year. Pac 12 south contender every 3 years.

I got spoiled by past success so I want that level of play again. Getting to a decent bowl this year would be a good start.

I got spoiled by past success so I want that level of play again. Getting to a decent bowl this year would be a good start.

We were totally spoiled. I was in the sweet spot with Miami and then when I got to CU. Both programs have fallen from grace and have tried hard to return to their glory years. And neither have. Demonstrating how difficult it is to capture lightning in a bottle. Im glad I was there.

We were totally spoiled. I was in the sweet spot with Miami and then when I got to CU. Both programs have fallen from grace and have tried hard to return to their glory years. And neither have. Demonstrating how difficult it is to capture lightning in a bottle. Im glad I was there.

And from what I'm reading in this thread, quite a lot Buff fans would be happy to get to the "U" of today.

Pre-season (and there is some hyperbole here, for which I apologize, but not that much...): win conference every X years.

Post-season: Rationalizing 1_th consecutive losing season.

By the way, we are 73-99-4 against our current conference opponents all-time, and have 3+ game losing streaks to all but three of them.

I don't think the University has the same expectations as I do, so mine are probably wishful thinking.
These are expectations not predictions:
Short term - quit losing games we should win (Hawaii), start actually be the team that makes the better half time adjustments. Make a bowl game.

Long term;
Bowl game every year. Consistently ranked in the top 25. Folsom becoming the place that no team wants to come and play. Recruiting at a high level (top 25) and winning more battles than we lose. Be fun to watch again.

I don't think the University has the same expectations as I do, so mine are probably wishful thinking.
These are expectations not predictions:
Short term - quit losing games we should win (Hawaii), start actually be the team that makes the better half time adjustments. Make a bowl game.

Long term;
Bowl game every year. Consistently ranked in the top 25. Folsom becoming the place that no team wants to come and play. Recruiting at a high level (top 25) and winning more battles than we lose. Be fun to watch again.

^^This^^

Where we should be.

Back