What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What in the Holy Hell does Ceal Barry think she's doing

and another thing... any effin' athletic department that had any balls at all would threaten to pull hendo-perv's press credentials. he is a ****ing troll-hack and allowing him access, let alone feeding him stories is purely idiotic.

Henderson is the CU beat writer for the Denver Post. It's not surprising that he reports on CU news.

However - WHY CU feels the need to continually share all their news info with this guy, I will never understand. CU tipped off Henderson on the whole Butch Jones thing and Jones blew it up in CU's face.

I've got no problem with Henderson running a story. But for God's sake, CU, make the man work for his stories. Don't just pass out the news.

Hmmm. Lots of food for thought there. Does Ceal have an agenda?

She and Bill McCartney had major issues.

It's hard not to connect some dots with the football program being turned in by her for a nothing violation, this new request for football to cut significantly more dollars from its budget than any other sport was asked for, and the buzz that Rick George's association with Bill McCartney is hurting his candidacy for AD.

Dave Plati thinks it was ridiculous and an over-reaction that this news become a front-page headline. Why was it released to the media in the first place Mr. SID?

One of these days, One of two things will happen: either Plati figures out that we don't have any friends in the Denver media, or we will have a new SID. Honestly, this is starting to look like a case of Stockholm Syndrome. How many times will the Denver Media have to kick us in the nuts before we figure out that they are not in the business of pitting CU athletics in any kind of positive light?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

She and Bill McCartney had major issues.

It's hard not to connect some dots with the football program being turned in by her for a nothing violation, this new request for football to cut significantly more dollars from its budget than any other sport was asked for, and the buzz that Rick George's association with Bill McCartney is hurting his candidacy for AD.

I always thought that the success of her program was at least somewhat related to the success of the football program at that time.

and another thing... any effin' athletic department that had any balls at all would threaten to pull hendo-perv's press credentials. he is a ****ing troll-hack and allowing him access, let alone feeding him stories is purely idiotic.
I've felt this way for some time too, with the idea that (now that basketball is successful) CU should threaten to shut out certain writers from having any access to Tad & Co. if the football bashing continues as it has been. It's OK to be constructively critical about CU Athletics, we all know it is deserved, but the Hendersons and the Kislas have been in do-no-homework-administer-lowblow mode for ages. Installing a new AD is the perfect time to install new rules for media conduct.

Last edited:
The local media see to slobber all over Syracuse's knob. I wish we had more local guys who grew up around the programs. Denver is weird with how many of our sports reporters come from the northeast coast. I hear almost as much about the Red Sox as I do about the Rockies here.

The local media see to slobber all over Syracuse's knob. I wish we had more local guys who grew up around the programs. Denver is weird with how many of our sports reporters come from the northeast coast. I hear almost as much about the Red Sox as I do about the Rockies here.

This.

You don't hear Bahstaners in Dullass or New Yorkers in Alabama. The problem will always be - or for the foreseeable future - that Denver is a carpetbagger city and Colorado is a carpetbagger state, and therefore the media, like everyone else, will be chock-full of people that think the colleges/teams back where they came from are better.

The radio stations are the worst, but the Post is pretty bad, too. I've never understood why no one ever made the connection between Adam Schrager's ginormous boner for Barnett's job and the fact that he went to grad school at Northwestern.

This.

You don't hear Bahstaners in Dullass or New Yorkers in Alabama. The problem will always be - or for the foreseeable future - that Denver is a carpetbagger city and Colorado is a carpetbagger state, and therefore the media, like everyone else, will be chock-full of people that think the colleges/teams back where they came from are better.

The radio stations are the worst, but the Post is pretty bad, too. I've never understood why no one ever made the connection between Sally Schrager's ginormous boner for Barnett's job and the fact that he went to grad school at Northwestern.
fify.

This.

The radio stations are the worst, but the Post is pretty bad, too. I've never understood why no one ever made the connection between Adam Schrager's ginormous boner for Barnett's job and the fact that he went to grad school at Northwestern.

And the only thing that will change this is sustained scandal-free success.

Hoops is becoming a local media darling, at least on the evening news sports broadcast.

Back