What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What is your favorite tailgate beer?

Alternate between High Life and something heavy & hoppy, like a double IPA, coffee porter, etc.

image_thumb%25255B1%25255D.png

this is quickly becoming a fav

Really depends on the weather and food being consumed, IMO.

ITB brought some Wibby Helles to the last tailgate, and that went very nicely with the jambalaya. The spiciness and heat of the jambalaya was complimented by the crispness and bite of the Helles.

With chili and cooler temps, a little heavier beer will be good. I'm always partial to Sawtooth Ale. Very solid beer that goes with a variety of foods.

Three Heads Brewing - "The Kind IPA" when its warm out
Sierra Nevada - "celebration" when its fall and winter

Avery Ellie's Brown when it's warm out
Avery 1554 when there's a chill in the air (could also go with Breckenridge's Oatmeal Stout)

Coors Banquet 1st choice then Coors Light...only beer down my gullet is Coors
I used to be a Silver Bullet fanatic. If I had spent the money I spent on Coors Light on their stock over a 25 year period, I would be a wealthy man today.

Then I found out they produce it with High Fructose Corn Syrup. WTF? I haven't had Silver Bullets on more than 1 or 2 occasions in the past 3 years and only because it was literally the only liquor available.

Last edited:
Whatever hits me that day! Living in colorado is great, I love beer so I just grab something I've never had before and try it out.

Yuengling - although I've only ever managed to do it twice - both bad experiences. But for some reason, I love that beer.

If local, Buff Gold is always good

One of the guys who frequents the tailgate next to me on Franklin is from WIbby
Might be Ryan Wibby's dad. He lives here in Boulder. Ryan grew up here and I think went to CU.

BTW - I did ask them again this year. They really don't need our help to market their product. They're doing pretty well.

Might be Ryan Wibby's dad. He lives here in Boulder. Ryan grew up here and I think went to CU.

BTW - I did ask them again this year. They really don't need our help to market their product. They're doing pretty well.

Seemed to young to be a dad of anyone allowed near beer - said he had invested in getting the project off the ground.

Thanks for asking again on it.

Seemed to young to be a dad of anyone allowed near beer - said he had invested in getting the project off the ground.

Thanks for asking again on it.
They have a lot of local investors.

I'll ask again next year. Their Oktoberfest was fantastic this year. My buddy brought a growler of it to the CSU tailgate. It didn't last long.

I don't have a favorite during the tailgate, but like to top things off with an Imperial Stout for the "gate to game" walk.

Yeti FTW!

Back