What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What is your favorite tailgate beer?

Dude... I am not sure what else to tell you.

A well known (maybe not well regarded, but well known) food evangelist posts that they use HCFS. That's not me making something up for starters. So please figure out what point you want to argue - this would be the 3rd new tactic.

1) The first was that you say it doesn't matter if they do because it ferments.
2) Secondly, you then say they don't use it and they only use base ingredients (From their blog post).
3) When I call bull**** on that, discovering they use ""liquid based corn adjunct that isn't HFCS" (I still don't know what that is, and it proves they lied), you say "most likely" it is from corn starch, but you can't prove it.

So basically this is what we know:
1) They don't just use straight natural ingredients and they lied about it
2) It appears they may not use HCFS, but we don't know what liquid based corn adjunct is
3) You are now arguing your third new point (that I started this whole thing with something I made up) - and you are wrong about that, too

Why you have a hard on for defending a lying CPG company and don't want to do it with facts, I have no idea. In other words, stop making stuff up...
Lol. The only person who can't substantiate the claims that they are making is you. You are relying on a blog post that has been refuted and your arguement has zero factual basis. You have no insider knowledge of how Coors brews their beer or scientific studies to back up your claims. You don't even have a rudimentary understanding of the brewing process.

When called out for peddling your unsubstantiated BS, you double down and put the burden on Coors, or me for that matter, to refute your claims to your satisfaction. The last time I checked it is incumbent upon the accuser to prove the case with facts, not the accused. But the facts never much mattered to you in the first place if you are willing to swallow the load of bull**** that you continue to recite. You admit that they may not use HFCS but the fact of the matter is you have no idea other than what you read or some food blog.

Now you are pivoting to some anti-corporate screed and accusing Coors of lying because somehow they haven't placated you in their statements. Your tactics are in line with the 9/11 truthers and the Birther movement. Recite some bull**** and then expect people to prove that it isn't accurate. It's ridiculous. At least develop a factual basis for the garbage that you spew.

This isn't some Erin Brockovich environmental justice crusade, it's a food blogger (or food evangelist, as you refer to her, whatever the **** that means) who was mad that Kraft put artificial coloring in their Mac and Cheese. She found an audience and then in order to keep her 5 minutes of fame, branched out into areas where she was forced to make leaps because the truth doesn't fit her narrative. Budweiser invited her to go to their brewery and see how they make their beer. The breweries aren't hiding anything.

The sad thing is that there are enough gullible people out there who take a blog post as fact and change their habits because of it.

I would be willing to bet that the accuser mistook adjunct for HFCS. Not the same thing.

That **** is expensive though. It's amazing don't get me wrong but if I'm slamming beers before a football game coors is the way to go.

Drink 1-2 of the good stuff and slam down Coors after that I guess... Then again, I don't drink that often so 1 or 2 is enough to get a buzz going.

Back