What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What the Big 12 Means To Hoops

Kansas City is also known as Hilton South. Since Iowa State's football team isn't going anywhere this year, Cyclone fans will be ready to road trip to Kansas City en masse.

I might even make a road trip to Kansas City for the women's tourney.

I never considered going to Vegas for the conference tourney.

TIL the noun form of 'vacate' is 'vacation', which makes sense but never occured to me previously

Since the Big 12 released the football schedule matrix for 2024-27, I'm wondering if anyone has the foggiest idea when the basketball schedule matrix will be released?

Since the Big 12 released the football schedule matrix for 2024-27, I'm wondering if anyone has the foggiest idea when the basketball schedule matrix will be released?
Crystal Ball Vibes GIF by goodfortunesonly

Really, please tell me how the athletic department that won’t provide a band for the game - unless you count the 7 HS kids that have played the UMich fight song more times than the CU one tonight - is going to support this program when we go in the toughest hoops conference in the country.

No really, I’m sure RG’s gonna turn that money faucet on now.

And as soon as I was done typing that post they showed an ad at the game for the new scoreboard at Folsom.

Really, please tell me how the athletic department that won’t provide a band for the game - unless you count the 7 HS kids that have played the UMich fight song more times than the CU one tonight - is going to support this program when we go in the toughest hoops conference in the country.

I guess I don't understand how these things work. Why was the "skeleton band" at Grambling a fault of the AD and not the Band Director?

How was that free Shackburger?

The band was at the Pearl street stampede going on at the same time. But, I agree some of it could have come to a basketball game.

The band was at the Pearl street stampede going on at the same time. But, I agree some of it could have come to a basketball game.
I was thinking the same. You don’t need that many at the bball game to make it work and no one would know there where a few missing from the Stampede.

It doesn't take a large number of band people for pep band for basketball and it definitely adds to the game.

For the Big 8 Tournaments in Salina Kansas, CU hired a local high school band until the last couple of years.

While I am at it, I want the Supa Dupa Tuba Cheer back!

I'm assuming that conflicts come up several times every year where the band is required to be in two places at once. Is this just an issue of lack of funding needed to scale up, and if so, where does the band get its funding? or is this an issue of not being able to recruit sufficient number of qualified band members?

I’m at the Big XII tournament and this atmosphere is wildly overrated. Seriously disappointed.
Should move the tournament to Denver or Dallas if they want to keep it in the footprint. Easiest travel destination for conference members with direct flights from everywhere and reasonable driving distance for most of the league.

If willing to go out of the footprint, and especially considering weather this time of year, Las Vegas was the call.

There are lots of ISU and KU fans. Decent number of KState. But no one else is representing. The arena is MAYBE 20% full for BYU - Tech. I get that you always have the problem when the big dog goes down (we have the same issue with Zona) but this is not at all what I expected.

Should move the tournament to Denver or Dallas if they want to keep it in the footprint. Easiest travel destination for conference members with direct flights from everywhere and reasonable driving distance for most of the league.

If willing to go out of the footprint, and especially considering weather this time of year, Las Vegas was the call.
I don't mind not being in Vegas-how many conference tourneys are in the Vegas metro area? 8?

I'm fine with KC through 2031, but I want it moving around after that. That tournament would do really well in Denver. Dallas would work. OKC isn't far. Vegas. Phoenix. SLC. ****, I'd twerk the Big 10 and try and do it one year in Columbus or Cleveland. Those two cities make a ton of sense if Yormark gets Pitt and Louisville when the ACC inevitably falls apart.

OOC question for you guys-I think we have 12 spots there, right? Not counting a preseason tourney. Next year-I'd play CSU and maybe like New Mexico and then a bunch of cupcakes on top of Maui. Still wonder if Maui doesn't delay us or ISU going out there next year.

OOC question for you guys-I think we have 12 spots there, right? Not counting a preseason tourney. Next year-I'd play CSU and maybe like New Mexico and then a bunch of cupcakes on top of Maui. Still wonder if Maui doesn't delay us or ISU going out there next year.
For OOC, the schedule I want is 3 or 4 games from a tournament plus 3 games from CSU, UNCO and DU. Then we'll get a "Big 12 Challenge" game or two versus major conference opponents. Flex the last couple/few games against some mid majors that will come to Boulder.

For OOC, the schedule I want is 3 or 4 games from a tournament plus 3 games from CSU, UNCO and DU. Then we'll get a "Big 12 Challenge" game or two versus major conference opponents. Flex the last couple/few games against some mid majors that will come to Boulder.
The one thing that concerns me with CSU moving forward is Medved leaving. Might not happen this year.....especially given they finished 7th in the MWC. I threw out New Mexico because I think Richard Pitino might be there a while. He's already flopped at a power gig. Tad has scheduled them.......3-4 times?

UNC can and probably should be one of those mid-majors we're playing most years. Steve Smiley won 20 games two years ago, and they went 19-13 this year. They're not far, and we can easily give them a smaller guarantee in return for saying here's 500 tickets you guys can sell or whatever.

Had to watch the game at a different bar than the one my company was hosting a party at after Jackson Mahomes tried to crash our party. I then asked the bartender to put the CU game on and was informed “we can’t because have to advertise Jackson’s appearance”. Went to another bar who happily put the game on because “**** that guy. He sucks”.

It’s nice when real life matches what you think it will in your head.

I hope we **** everything in this conference up.

Back