What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What to expect from Davis Webb (NOTHING - Cal Bound)

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of Buffs Fans suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened."

I really hope Sefo's foot heals quick, otherwise we are screwed.

Still, I would have gone to Cal if I could have got in and didn't have in-state tuition at CU, so I can't really blame the kid, but . . . Damn!
Wrong! If Webb decommited then Montez is the way to go. Sefo has reached his ceiling and it sucks.

That's an awful lot of confidence on a rs freshman who has no game experience and who coaches are working through accuracy issues with....

And throwing Freshman QBs into the fire before they are ready has been so successful for us in the past.

Bad sign that Webb is visiting Cal but unlike past years we have more tenacious recruiters working on keeping him. Haven't given up hope by any means.

And throwing Freshman QBs into the fire before they are ready has been so successful for us in the past.

Bad sign that Webb is visiting Cal but unlike past years we have more tenacious recruiters working on keeping him. Haven't given up hope by any means.

Hope? Hope from a Buffs Fan!? Is that even possible after all this time?

Hope after we hired the "home run" from Boise"?

Hope after Montana State?

Hope after we hired a favorite son?

Hope after Sacramento State?

Hold after we got a five star running back that went nowhere?

Hope after we got a highly rated transfer from Texas also named Webb!??!?!

Hole after humiliation after humiliation?

Only a fool's hope is left

And I ain't no hobbit.

A few of us on board tonight need another hobby
62918820.jpg

Hope? Hope from a Buffs Fan!? Is that even possible after all this time?

Hope after we hired the "home run" from Boise"?

Hope after Montana State?

Hope after we hired a favorite son?

Hope after Sacramento State?

Hold after we got a five star running back that went nowhere?

Hope after we got a highly rated transfer from Texas also named Webb!??!?!

Hole after humiliation after humiliation?

Only a fool's hope is left

And I ain't no hobbit.

We don't live in Nebraska

Ken Starr is in no way affiliated with the University of Colorado

Our girls look nothing like those at Stanford

We aren't Stanford's safety school and our stadium isn't built on a fault

It doesn't get to 120 degrees in Boulder in the summer time (a level their IQ's don't reach.)

We don't wear bow ties to football games (or play army, or sing Sweet Caroline.)

Our pride and joy is not our Vet School and our mascot isn't a sheep

Our fight song has more than two words, we are capable of remembering more than two words

Our mascot isn't a purple kitten

We don't have to buy our booze in a state store

Nike doesn't make us wear uniforms that look like somebody ate a highlighter pen then threw up on the TV screen

Drive by's and muggings are not the most common activities surrounding our school and in our stadium parking lots.

Another tangled Webb.

The charms of Berkeley are enough to get him to stray. It's like a job offer. At this point in his career he's not going to turn down another suitor's attractive offer.

Both schools have coaches that recently left TTU to coordinate at least a part of the offense in the P12. He obviously respects both Chev and Jake Spavital, so there is at a minimum a personal courtesy involved.

Goff is going to the NFL, and is someone who was developed by the Cal system. It's easy to see why Webb wouldn't mind listening to Goff and then making a calculation as to which program is most likely to fulfill his goal to be drafted as a pro one year from now.

Webb's choice will certainly be an indicator about CU's offensive line and coaching chops compared to our bear hippie peers. This choice will be about relationships and trust.

Intrernet Geniouses at work.
The folks on Bearinsider are smugly bantering about what kind of bogus masters degree program would have to be fabricated and approved for Webb. Apparently some find It humorous to humblebrag about how difficult it must be for a prestigious institution like Cal to risk the creation of a Rocks-for-Jocks masters program for Webb and dilute the value of their reputation. In one poster's view, that's not a problem at Colorado.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another tangled Webb.

The charms of Berkeley are enough to get him to stray. It's like a job offer. At this point in his career he's not going to turn down another suitor with out checking out another attractive offer.

Both schools have coaches that recently left TTU to coordinate at least a part of the offense in the P12. He obviously respects both Chev and Jake Spavital, so there is at a minimum a personal courtesy involved.

Goff is going to the NFL, and is someone who was developed by the Cal system. It's easy to see why how Webb wouldn't mind listening to Goff and then making a calculation as to which program is most likely to fulfill his goal to be drafted one year from now.

Webb's choice will certainly be an indicator about CU's offensive line and coaching chops compared to our bear hippie peers. This choice will be about relationships and trust.

Intrernet Geniouses at work.
The folks on Bearinsider are smugly bantering about what kind of bogus masters degree program would have to be fabricated and approved for Webb. Apparently some find It humorous to humblebrag about how difficult it must be for a prestigious institution like Cal to risk the creation of a Rocks-for-Jocks major for Webb and dilute the value of their reputation. In one poster's view, that's not a problem at Colorado.
My issue with it all is that cal has a terrible offensive line last year as well. Also the system itself is one of the biggest things against drafting goff, not what got him to be the high pick he is right now.

If he doesn't come here, Montez will have to step up. Not just on the field. He'll have to step up as a leader. I'm not so sure that would be a bad thing. The biggest worry for me would be depth. With Webb, we will have depth. Anyway, don't freak out over things you can't control. Just be prepared.

Back