What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What to expect from Davis Webb (NOTHING - Cal Bound)

It is going to be tough. CAL is loaded with wide receivers and their OL is supposed to be better. The hard part is that Sonny was in Lubbock for a long time and has coached some good QB's and has turned the Cal team around. Also, Spavital is a good coach that has done a lot of things as well. Plus, his brother is a position coach at Tech right now. Combine that with the inside receivers coach being a very, very strong recruiter. So, we are going against an improved program and it will be prestigious to come in after Goff, he will get a lot of press. I think Spavital, who did not come in until February, needed time to analyze his situation and I don't think their quarterbacks have done well in spring ball. So, I think he and Sonny were like we need to get Webb and give our guys another year to develop. Webb "committed" to us before Spavital could adjust at Cal. Just my opinion.

I discussed this briefly in Brazil, but the players truly believe that it's just a free trip to Cal and he won't leave. Ultimately it means nothing what they think but he's already built up relationships with some of the guys and they were clear it was just a free trip and a courtesy that he felt like he had to take.

If he doesn't come here, Montez will have to step up. Not just on the field. He'll have to step up as a leader. I'm not so sure that would be a bad thing. The biggest worry for me would be depth. With Webb, we will have depth. Anyway, don't freak out over things you can't control. Just be prepared.

Well...we always have Apsay

MM knows what's on the line here. I'm sure he'll be wringing his hands all weekend like Lady MacBeth. It wouldn't surprise me if he put 5 lbs back on by Mobday morning.

Stating the obvious, this would be a body blow to Chev if he leaves.....not only from the perspective on impact to the team, but these guys are close friends.

MM knows what's on the line here. I'm sure he'll be wringing his hands all weekend like Lady MacBeth. It wouldn't surprise me if he put 5 lbs back on by Mobday morning.
He needs to catch the hell up. I've been talking to my therapists, Ben and Jerry since yesterday afternoon and I'm already at 8 pounds. I'm freaking out, but in a chunky monkey kind of way.

For those going, be aware that in typical CU fashion it is admitted students day as well. Finding campus parking is potentially difficult.

Dump Ben and Jerry. Jose Cuervo is a better therapist. He understands.

If you haven't been pouring a handle of Cuervo in the blender with a couple pints of Cherry Garcia, this would be a good day to start.

If he doesn't come here, Montez will have to step up. Not just on the field. He'll have to step up as a leader. I'm not so sure that would be a bad thing. The biggest worry for me would be depth. With Webb, we will have depth. Anyway, don't freak out over things you can't control. Just be prepared.
I am fully prepared to freak out.

I hope Webb watches the replay of Colo's Spring Scrimmage and then catches the Stanford spring game.

That drizzle in Palo Alto plays to CU's favor. Weather radar looks like it's equally wet at Cal.

The sun in Boulder looked postcard perfect.

I hope Webb watches the replay of Colo's Spring Scrimmage and then catches the Stanford spring game.

That drizzle in Palo Alto plays to CU's favor. Weather radar looks like it's equally wet at Cal.

The sun in Boulder looked postcard perfect.
Dodgers game is delayed.

MacIntyre said they talked last night and Webb said he's going to be a Buff
Even though I think he is coming to CU, there's not much stock to put in that. What else is he going to say? "They talked last night and he is unsure on Webb now." Of course he is going to say he is coming until he decommits.

Back