What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What will be our home record in '09?

What will be the buffs home record in '09

• Total voters
Fusker fans are now citing the Gator Bowl - yes, that ****ing GATOR BOWL, as a meaningful game.

The transition to mediocrity is now complete.... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Your last New year's Day game was....? Not only that, but how many new Year's Day games have you played in? Has mediocrity even been achieved???

Yeah, that talent and coaching really showed up when you played a team battling for a bowl birth in Memorial. Wait, it didn't. Your kicker hits it a millimeter to the left or right and he misses. He made it, congrats. Stats be damned, but you guys were very close to losing to a non-veteran team. If the game was played on paper we should have lost badly, but it wasn't. We led until 2 minutes left in the game.

And trying to pull off the same ST fake kick you pulled off of KU was genius...for Hawk. If that wasn't being outcoached then I have no idea what is.

The future will tell us if Pelini or Hawk is a good coach for both programs. You guys definitely had more talent and depth when Pelini took over, so IMO, as of right now it's not an entirely accurate comparison. But a "inferior" coach beat a damn good OU last year and NU still hasn't beaten a good team (a 7-7 Clemson team that lost to every good team they played doesn't count with wins against SC State and The Citadel).

Apparently we watched 2 differnet games. CU did basically nothing but hold on for dear life after their 1st 2 drives. Well, unfortunately for you, the game is longer than 5 min. If I remember correctly, it was tied at the end of the 1st period.

No, we haven't beaten someone as good as OU yet, but more importantly, we haven't lost to someone as bad as....well nevermind.

As far as outcoached goes...if getting a 14 pt lead , a gift TD before the end of the 1st half AND the opponent fizzles about 6 times INSIDE your 20, including a fumble going in for a TD AND you STILL manage to LOSE the game isn't the definition of getting out coached, then I admittedly don't know what it is.

Conversely, reverse the above and still win. If that isn't good coaching, then I, again, don't know what is.

Last edited:
O.K. let's get back to the topic of this thread. And yes I know that opinions are like a$$*oles. Everyone has one!

I say CU looks to go 3-3 at home this year (that's the down side), it may turn into a 4-2 home record if things go well.

The away record stands to be about the same.

A .500 season or better is about right.

Before any of you pound me about the Huskers. I will go out on a limb and say they could stumble a little this year with 7-8 wins, but they could show a 9 or 10 win season if the ball bounces their direction. But remember what I said about opinions!

Damn, it's looking to be a long time until the season begins. :sad1:

O.K. let's get back to the topic of this thread. And yes I know that opinions are like a$$*oles. Everyone has one!

I say CU looks to go 3-3 at home this year (that's the down side), it may turn into a 4-2 home record if things go well.

The away record stands to be about the same.

A .500 season or better is about right.

Before any of you pound me about the Huskers. I will go out on a limb and say they could stumble a little this year with 7-8 wins, but they could show a 9 or 10 win season if the ball bounces their direction. But remember what I said about opinions!
Damn, it's looking to be a long time until the season begins. :sad1:
A 9 or 10 win season from a team that has one win over a ranked opponent since 2001? Where's the magic wand?

Last edited:
New QB but not much else will change. We lost 2 starting WR's YABBIT the guys taking their place played significantly last season. We lost a guard and (YABBIT sort of) a tackle (YABBIT who was in and out of the training room all season). The line will be the virtually the same that you saw last season with the same backs. If you recall, it wasn't NU's passing game that beat you, it was the running game. This game, just like every other year, you can throw the records and stats out the window. Cody beat NU as a freshman but with a full season under his belt just like NU's QB will have. I still think Mizzery is the weakest of this group based on their losses on both sides of the ball and on the sideline. Having a QB the level of Reesing makes KU the favorite and therefore the toughest game for anyone who wants the North title. Couldn't I use the experience argument against you since half your starters didn't finish the season?

Sounds like the YABBIT season extends to Kneebraskie too......:smile2:

Seriously, it extends to everywhere, to all fans of all sports in the offseason. I can read fuskerpedia, they YABBIT there every minute of the day. He (not you COHSKER) was throwing stones in galss houses with that comment.

We will have some of the most game time experience coming back in the confrence on offense. We also have two QB's who have logged in a lot of PT. people forget that Stewart was on pace to get 1,000+ rushing until his broken leg. Scott showed flashes and he didn't even play much. Our WR's and OL will be a huge improvement IMO. Simas and Simmons greatly upgrades our WR unit. Our line's biggest leader Ryan Miller doesn't lack experience. The offense is loaded with talent and experience. Expect it to be a lot different than the '08 buff offense. Buff D-line and LB are the areas we don't have much expereince going into the season.

Plus we are limiting the stupid spread and going back to running downhill. That, plus a healthy O-line and healthy backups with playing time, a healthy Speedy, Scott, Sumler, Lockridge will mean LOTS of pressure taken off the QB. Oh, and more TE's available, and Simas and the JC WR will help greatly too, as Josh will not be able to be doubleteamed all the time.

If we lose to the gayhawks again this year I'm going to freak the fack out. I'll lose it. I mean it. I'll go freaking postal. We've had that team beat the last three years and have found new and improved ways of blowing it each and every time. Never again.

If we lose to the gayhawks again this year I'm going to freak the fack out. I'll lose it. I mean it. I'll go freaking postal. We've had that team beat the last three years and have found new and improved ways of blowing it each and every time. Never again.

No kidding. The realization at halftime of last year's game that we were headed for a third straight loss to KU even after dominating the first half sucked.

Plus they're a basketball school. I bet half their basketball fans don't even know what the football team has done the last couple years.

No kidding. The realization at halftime of last year's game that we were headed for a third straight loss to KU even after dominating the first half sucked.

Yep, it's due time we beat these guys. That reesing dude started this 3yr skid. What was it 9-0 at the half and they put him in and game over..for 3 years.

Yep, it's due time we beat these guys. That reesing dude started this 3yr skid. What was it 9-0 at the half and they put him in and game over..for 3 years.

I swear Reesing won the 2007 game with a handful of scrambles. Dude has our number, no doubt about it.

That, and a very ill timed fumble at the goal line by Hugh.

grrrrrr. Just thinking about that game makes me sick. :bang:

Don't forget the drop by Smith on fourth down late in the game. Didn't lose the game for us, but if he'd held on we would have been in pretty good scoring position.

Back