What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Where should the Pac-12 Championship game be held?

Where should Pac-12 title game be held?

• Neutral site - fixed location

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Neutral site - rotating location

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • Home stadium of higher ranked team

Votes: 15 38.5%

• Total voters
I'd most be in favor of the top team hosting the game.

If that doesn't happen, then I'd like to see it always at a place like the Rose Bowl or else the Cardinals stadium in AZ.

It should also be noted Pac-10 fans actually dont travel badly, LA was infested with Ducks last year and the Nor-cal schools travel well. The big question is UW, they've been SO bad for so long most of their fans are over traveling.

If UW were to make a conference champ game next year, they'll travel, simply because they HAVE been down for quite a while.

I'd prefer neutral site. Rotate between Qwest, Rose Bowl, Phoenix, and SF/Oakland. Maybe Denver every 8 years or so.

I like the idea of the home field advantage - puts an emphasis on winning conference games, will guarantee a sell out every year and makes it more like a cross between a playoff and wildcard game revenue. The hosting team also gets the added benefit of an extra home game. Pro stadiums suck for atmosphere and the PAC fans don't travel well. The last thing we want to see on TV is a championship game in SD or Seattle with 20,000 extra seats.

Exactly, for a game in Seattle where none of the Northwest schools make the game, there'll be at least that many empty seats. And same for Mile High, there's no way that game comes close to selling out if CU isn't it. Even then I wouldn't be so sure. And there are other good examples as well if you consider other major cities to host. Other than the SEC title game, there aren't any other examples of conference championship games drawing real well on a consistent basis.

I'm all for the top seeded team getting to host the game. Reward them for having the better season.

Doesn't the Big east do the home field advantage? Or did it just turn out the last game last year between Cincy and Pitt was for the title?

It just turns out that the Cincy-Pitt game was for the Big East title. The BE does not have a championship game. The NCAA requires a minimum of 12 teams in a conference in order to hold a championship game.

I like the idea of University of Phoenix Stadium, and not just because I live here (will probably relocate in a few years anyway). We have awesome weather in January (compared with San Fran and Denver), will be guaranteed to have grass (compared with Seattle) because they are not going to ditch the rollout field, isn't a home field like the Rose Bowl, and provides a national presence since in January half of our population is from someplace else - what am I saying, 90% of our population is normally from somewhere else. :smile2:

1-The weather in Vegas in December is not that nice. Always windy and somewhat cold. It's usually in the 50's-maybe low 60's during the day and with the incessant wind that blows every day it feels colder than that-especially at night. Think wind-chill in the 30's or 40's at night.

I was all in on Vegas until I read that. That does not sound pleasant.

I Think the Pac has issues like the ACC in terms of a title game. Them playing at a neutral site has been a disaster. I could see the same happen in the Pac if we don't watch out.

The best option for everyone is likely Phoenix -- UOP Stadium is amazing and it's very easy to get to Phoenix for every school. Plus, it's not likely ASU or UA are going to be there so it will be rare when you have a home-state team in the mix. The Rose Bowl is a great place but it's already the bowl destination and I wouldn't want to overdo it. Candlestick is a dump and it'll be cold. Denver will be cold and we all hate it. The NW schools are far from everyone else. Geographically, the best option is Salt Lake because it is kind of the N/S crossroads, but no chance there, as RES is the only option and there's a good chance Utah could be in the first few title games.

I still vote for the campus setting, but if there has to be a neutral-site game, Phoenix is the best option by far.

I vote LA

two stadiums with over 100k in seating = $$$$...ailine tickets are cheap...lots of hotels

Folsom Field sounds like the most fair venue to me. Plus it's the most beautiful stadium in America.

you guys have me convinced that the team with the best record or maybe CU can offer to host it at Folsom field for the first 10 years or so.

you guys have me convinced that the team with the best record or maybe CU can offer to host it at Folsom field for the first 10 years or so.

I agree. I was originally on board with a rotation, but the concerns over getting people to the game are legit. I changed my mind to best record. However, with that I would put a provision that allows for the visiting team to get more tickets than you would get at a regular conference game.

I agree. I was originally on board with a rotation, but the concerns over getting people to the game are legit. I changed my mind to best record. However, with that I would put a provision that allows for the visiting team to get more tickets than you would get at a regular conference game.

I agree. The home team deserves a decided advantage, but the opponent shouldn't just get 5,000 seats. You'd have to do it to where a priority system was put in place and non-donor seats went to visitors or something like that. Maybe no real student section and seats are divided 70-30? With club and suite-holders keeping their seats because they paid so much?

I think they'll go with the #1 team getting home field. Then, the first time that Utah or Colorado host the championship game in December, the other schools will bitch about the weather & they'll either put it in Phoenix or LA permanently.

Don't do it at The Stick! That stadium sucks ass, that's why the 49r's are seriously considering moving south to Freemont to a new stadium they are talking about building there. If you're going to have the game in the Bay Area you are better off doing it at Stanford or Cal (when the stadium renovation gets done). Hell I'd even prefer it be in Pac Bell park than at Candlestick. The pro FB stadiums in the bay area are very old and lame.

I need an excuse to go to Vegas. The CCG would be that excuse.
This would be my choice if/when the facilities could be there to support it.

Until then...Qualcomm.

San Diego is much better than Phoenix and LA.

I Think the Pac has issues like the ACC in terms of a title game. Them playing at a neutral site has been a disaster. I could see the same happen in the Pac if we don't watch out.

:yeahthat:

Yup, when you have a conference that stretches the entire length of the coast and only a couple of schools with football fan bases that travel well, the result is that the reality for the Pac-12 could be many empty seats at a neutral-site CCG.

Back