What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Where should the Pac-12 Championship game be held?

Where should Pac-12 title game be held?

• Neutral site - fixed location

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Neutral site - rotating location

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • Home stadium of higher ranked team

Votes: 15 38.5%

• Total voters
I already said I'm in favor of the conference championship being held at the site of the #1 team's home stadium, but if it was to be held at a "neutral" site, I'm not sure why so many of you are against it being held in L.A. I thought this whole Division split debate was being driven by "exposure" in L.A. If your team got to the championship game, wouldn't you want that L.A. exposure, not just because of the large stadiums, but also the recruiting impact?

I already said I'm in favor of the conference championship being held at the site of the #1 team's home stadium, but if it was to be held at a "neutral" site, I'm not sure why so many of you are against it being held in L.A. I thought this whole Division split debate was being driven by "exposure" in L.A. If your team got to the championship game, wouldn't you want that L.A. exposure, not just because of the large stadiums, but also the recruiting impact?

Because the rose bowl is only 3/4 full when UCLA is playing there. How do you expect it to fill up without UCLA playing - assuming they will not be in the champ game very often?

I still think Vegas, or the winningest team (as long as they tiebreaker is not the BCS ranking of the team - that was a ****ing mess/joke in the Big 12 when Tech, OU, and UT were all tied)

Don't do it at The Stick! That stadium sucks ass, that's why the 49r's are seriously considering moving south to Freemont to a new stadium they are talking about building there. If you're going to have the game in the Bay Area you are better off doing it at Stanford or Cal (when the stadium renovation gets done). Hell I'd even prefer it be in Pac Bell park than at Candlestick. The pro FB stadiums in the bay area are very old and lame.

Freemont? Really? That's on the other side of the Bay. Closer to San Jose than San Francisco. Hell, it's closer to Oakland. That would be really weird. If I were the 49ers, I'd arrange to play at Stanford for 2 years and tear down/rebuild Candlestick.

I think he meant Santa Clara. At least, I've been reading they're close to something with them.

I think he meant Santa Clara. At least, I've been reading they're close to something with them.

yes that is where they are looking at building, near an amusement park and the Santa Clara convention center, so that they can all share parking.

Either of the LA stadiums, San Diego, or the Phoenix stadium. I don't see why it would be played anywhere else. Vegas isn't a real option at this time.

I am honestly surprised at the Vegas love. I don't get it, nothing about Vegas screams great place for a football game. Not that it matters in the end because the facilities suck there anyway.

IF they built a new stadium, vegas would be the best. The best lodging. Easiest to travel to and from. It's geographic location is right in the middle for all of the schools. It would make going to the PAC championship amazing for all of the fans. If it's in the middle of LA or Phoenix, that's cool for the game - but dont expect fans to be hanging around for several days.

Freemont? Really? That's on the other side of the Bay. Closer to San Jose than San Francisco. Hell, it's closer to Oakland. That would be really weird. If I were the 49ers, I'd arrange to play at Stanford for 2 years and tear down/rebuild Candlestick.

It worked for the Bears when the renovated Solider Field

IF they built a new stadium, vegas would be the best. The best lodging. Easiest to travel to and from. It's geographic location is right in the middle for all of the schools. It would make going to the PAC championship amazing for all of the fans. If it's in the middle of LA or Phoenix, that's cool for the game - but dont expect fans to be hanging around for several days.

Even with a new stadium, Vegas would suck balls for a championship site. You realize most people won't stay in Vegas for a whole week either? Glad Vegas is not a viable option.

I don't think it's a viable option now, but with improved facilities (near the Strip - very important) it could be. Is it really outside the conference? I don't think so. In fact, I think it's right smack dab in the middle of the conference. 8 of the 12 schools would be within a one-day drive.

Short of that, I actually like the idea of having it at the Rose Bowl. That's a pretty cool place. So what if the winner just gets to go back? Wouldn't that be a bit of an incentive? The Rose Bowl is what we're all gunning for now, remember?

(I just got shivers typing that - we're gunning for the Rose Bowl - I just got them again. kewl.)

Short of that, I actually like the idea of having it at the Rose Bowl. That's a pretty cool place. So what if the winner just gets to go back? Wouldn't that be a bit of an incentive? The Rose Bowl is what we're all gunning for now, remember?

(I just got shivers typing that - we're gunning for the Rose Bowl - I just got them again. kewl.)

And you now have something to like about LA.

top dog

I vote for best overall record with the tie breaker (after conference record) being out of conference SOS. You think Oregon schedules New Mexico State and Portland State to start the season knowing that Oregon State plays 2 of the top 10 teams in the country in their OOC with that incentive? Pac 12's new motto: anyone,any time, any where.

Although I have to admit that saying "our ccg is in Vegas, the entertainment capital of the world, every year" does have a certain cachet to it.

Pac 12's new motto: anyone,any time, any where.

Actually, the Pac 10 generally schedules better OOC games than virtually any other conference. Yeah, you have Oregon (New Mexico and Portland State) and Arizona State (2 1-AA teams), but schools like USC, UCLA, Washington, Stanford and others generally schedule very good OOC games, and often have the highest SOS in the country. To its credit, Colorado seems to also schedule a very good OOC, and Utah looks like it does as well.

Overall your point about SOS is spot on though -- the BCS ranking does take into account SOS I think (within the computer polls), so maybe just use that as the tie-break?

I don't think it's a viable option now, but with improved facilities (near the Strip - very important) it could be. Is it really outside the conference? I don't think so. In fact, I think it's right smack dab in the middle of the conference. 8 of the 12 schools would be within a one-day drive.

I don't want to look at a map, so I assume the 4 not schools are the Oregon and Wash ones?

I also vote #1 seed's home field. I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned yet, but having the game at the #1's location would help reduce the zipper's apparent #1 downfall. If your rivals week features the top two teams in the conference, there still will be something to play for. Oregon vs. Oregon State will be crap if they're both guaranteed to play again in Arizona next week, but if the winner gets homefield advantage for the big game, you'd have a lot more to play for. It would make both games more competitive. Besides, we're talking college ball! Play it at college campuses!!! You'd think all us CU fans who hate Invesco would know this by now. It's a different atmosphere on campus that is unparalleled.

If not, I don't mind Vegas if we do put in some of those incentives to improve their stadium (increase seating capacity) prior to us committing to it.

As for Candlestick, did Cal ever consider Candlestick or was AT&T Park their first choice for their "replacement" home? If so, I think it speaks volumes they rather want to play their home games at a MLB park than at a NFL stadium.

As for LA, what are the chances of LA getting a new football stadium in the next 5 years? I know LA and the NFL is turning into an eternal story, but is a stadium contingent on getting a team or is there a chance this Roskie (?) guy is going to go go ahead on a new stadium without having a NFL team lined up?

Kezar

PAC 12 Title Game should be held right in Golden Gate Park in beautiful San Francisco.

Kezar probably holds 1,500 but it would be awesome nonetheless.

As for Candlestick, did Cal ever consider Candlestick or was AT&T Park their first choice for their "replacement" home? If so, I think it speaks volumes they rather want to play their home games at a MLB park than at a NFL stadium.

As for LA, what are the chances of LA getting a new football stadium in the next 5 years? I know LA and the NFL is turning into an eternal story, but is a stadium contingent on getting a team or is there a chance this Roskie (?) guy is going to go go ahead on a new stadium without having a NFL team lined up?

I don't believe CAL really considered Candlestick. The Stick has terrible facilities and should have been renovated 15 years ago. I swear to God, walking in that place is terribly depressing (even though I grew up watching Giants games there).

AT&T Park is a great venue for football even though it's a gem of a baseball destination. It's also a lot easier to fill than Candlestick. I believe Candlestick is right around 63,000 for baseball but it's over 70K for football (which would be almost impossible for CAL to sell out).

Pure speculation from my part, but if LA ever gets its **** together and builds a new football stadium, I guess we all know where it´s going to be held.

PAC 12 Title Game should be held right in Golden Gate Park in beautiful San Francisco.

Kezar probably holds 1,500 but it would be awesome nonetheless.

This.

I'd definitely watch a game at Kezar. Awesome location.

Back