What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Where should the Pac-12 Championship game be held?

Where should Pac-12 title game be held?

• Neutral site - fixed location

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Neutral site - rotating location

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • Home stadium of higher ranked team

Votes: 15 38.5%

• Total voters
There is really no need for the P12 ccg to be in Invesco. It will NEVER sell out, regardless of what teams are in it. I don't think USC vs. CU would even sell out.

They need to have the game somewhere that is likely to sell out every year. I see that happening either for the home team OR in southern California. Seattle, Denver, etc. are terrible ideas.

Last edited:
The problem is that if you divide the conference by North/South divisions and have the game in LA every year, not only is the game not likely to sell out without UCLA or USC involved, but we're back to some issues we had with the B12. I bet this thing ends up in Vegas. I expect some rep when that happens. :smile2:

I bet this thing ends up in Vegas.

I think the same thing. It wouldn't surprise me if Larry Scott negotiated with Las Vegas to put the game in Las Vegas in exchange for certain improvements to Sam Boyd Stadium... and we had the game at the higher ranked team's home stadium for a year or two until it was ready.

The problem is that if you divide the conference by North/South divisions and have the game in LA every year, not only is the game not likely to sell out without UCLA or USC involved, but we're back to some issues we had with the B12. I bet this thing ends up in Vegas. I expect some rep when that happens. :smile2:

And the P12 seems very sensitive to the issues that doomed the B12. They want this conference to last and a CCG in SoCal every year is a sure loser. It either has to be a neutral site (like Vegas) or home for the highest ranked team. Those are the only two workable solutions long-term, IMO.

:lol:

I lived there, too. Vegas is great in December. You must love the heat if you think that's the bad weather season in Vegas.

That first couple weeks of the month should be right around 60 degrees with the low being around 40 overnight.

I hate the heat here, but that's not the point. Low's in the 40's at night. Combine w the 30-40 mile an hour winds that blow every day in Dec and the wind chill makes it cold at night. Since there's no way they'd play it during the day don't play the game here. Put it in an actual warm weather site.

Look at the highlights for the Vegas Bowl last year. People are wearing stocking caps and hair is blowing sideways. These pictures don't due it justice how bad the wind is here in Dec. I am a 45 year Colorado native and know what cold is. It's not zero, but the wind chill here in Dec feels like 20 or so in Denver. Put the game at a warm weather site. OK-rant over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tavuUkHxLM

Back