What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Which assistants should CU consider keeping? Your rating.

Help us all understand why it is Chev vs Chiv?
His name is spelled Darrin Chiaverini
The “I” is ahead of the “V” and the “E” is after.
Shouldn’t we just call him Chiav?
Is your nickname “The” or just “Og”

The Og is cool, thanks. As long as it's pronounced with a long o, not the short o sound that it appears to be. I also don't use twitter, but the e in Chev makes his nickname a homonym, rather than making him sound like makeshift prison weapon.
toothbrush-shiv-small_3617.jpg

in terms of salaries... hypothetically, if we get to 4-5mm for the hc and have the coordinators in the 1mm each range, we're going to be able to pull together a staff that competes with elite programs (and hopefully puts us back into the elite mix). this is how you do it, man. rg's mom didn't raise no fool.

I'm trying to remember which player but one of the signed players in the last class stated specifically as did his parents that Katie Benson was the deciding factor, and it was a quality student who had other options.

We tend to stereotype football players as placing a low importance on academics but many see football as the path to getting an education. A person like Katie Benson who players and their parents can truly believe will assist and support them in reaching that goal is huge.
I believe that it was Antwine. I think he had some learning special needs that she was able to work with him on. There was a story on it in his thread.

giphy.gif

Yikes, that Katie Bason is HOT.

I believe that it was Antwine. I think he had some learning special needs that she was able to work with him on. There was a story on it in his thread.

That is who I thought is was. Went back to his thread and it didn't jump out to me. He is a bright guy and has done well academically but as you say has some needs that the family felt very comfortable working with Katie on.

I have heard and seen comments from multiple players about how much they like and respect her. I'm sure she isn't the only one out there but when you have somebody who doesn't just do their job but rather who truly makes a difference you do what you have to to keep that person in your organization.

let new hc call his own shots...if he wants to keep someone (drake, chev) so be it....if he wants to sweep the deck clean so be it....

Highly unlikely the assistant salary pool increases much if any this year. Too much outward cash flow and a likely increased head coach salary for anyone outside of lake.
I like the optimism that you’ve got already assuming it’s lake. Gimme some of dat Kool-aid

I like the optimism that you’ve got already assuming it’s lake. Gimme some of dat Kool-aid
3 million a year for a first time head coach and a coordinator that has had play calling responsibilities for one season seems pretty reasonable.

3 million a year for a first time head coach and a coordinator that has had play calling responsibilities for one season seems pretty reasonable.
Oh I agree, I just hope your prediction is correct that we get Lake

Kurt Roper (QB/ Interim HC) = 3
Darrin Chiaverini (Co-OC/ RC/ WR) = 2
Klayton Adams (Co-OC/ OL) = 0
Darian Hagan (RB) = 1
Gary Bernardi (TE & H) = 0
DJ Eliot (DC/ OLB) = 0
ShaDon Brown (Secondary/ D Pass Game Coordinator) = 1
Ashley Ambrose (CB) = 1
Ross Els (ILB/ ST) = 2
Kwahn Drake (DL) =2

Kurt Roper (QB/ Interim HC) = 2
Darrin Chiaverini (Co-OC/ RC/ WR) = 1
Klayton Adams (Co-OC/ OL) = 0.0000
Darian Hagan (RB) = 0
Gary Bernardi (TE & H) = 0.0000
DJ Eliot (DC/ OLB) = 0
ShaDon Brown (Secondary/ D Pass Game Coordinator) = 2
Ashley Ambrose (CB) = 1
Ross Els (ILB/ ST) = 2
Kwahn Drake (DL) = 3

Darian Hagan (RB) = 0
Gary Bernardi (TE & H) = -5
DJ Eliot (DC/ OLB) =1
ShaDon Brown (Secondary/ D Pass Game Coordinator) = 0
Ashley Ambrose (CB) = 0
Ross Els (ILB/ ST) = 2
Kwahn Drake (DL) = 3

Darian Hagan (RB) = 0
DJ Eliot (DC/ OLB) =1
Ashley Ambrose (CB) = 0
Ross Els (ILB/ ST) = 2
Kwahn Drake (DL) = 3
That Bernardi rating looks about right.

Darian Hagan (RB) = 0
DJ Eliot (DC/ OLB) =1
Ashley Ambrose (CB) = 0
Ross Els (ILB/ ST) = 2
Kwahn Drake (DL) = 3
Not sure how we can justify keeping any of the coaches from the #moneygang on staff. We haven’t broken up a pass in months

Shiverini sucks as an OC and playcaller. The WR's have regressed each year he's been here.

I'd like to see someone that can recruit AND coach.
You think our WRs are worse than before Chev got here? :confused:

Or are you saying that you don't think they're coached up to their potential?

You think our WRs are worse than before Chev got here? :confused:

Or are you saying that you don't think they're coached up to their potential?

I think that the WR's regressed from 2016 to 2017. This season after Shenault went down we've been pedestrian at best. Possibly due to the distractions of his other responsibilities.

There is no doubt Chiv is a good recruiter. Also no doubt that he is far from ready to be an OC. Maybe he's a decent WR coach.
Whoever gets hired as new coach better be able to get a guy as good as Chiv or we've made the wrong hire.

The Buffs need a coach that can bring in blue chip o and d lineman. If that happened DBT could rush for a couple thousand yards.

Unless our new HC has a use for them, I'd like to see them all gone. Well, except for Katie Bason.

I'd like to see our new HC fill the cupboard with his own guys, and implement his own vision.

Unless our new HC has a use for them, I'd like to see them all gone. Well, except for Katie Bason.

I'd like to see our new HC fill the cupboard with his own guys, and implement his own vision.

Three turnovers in 7 minutes? WTF did these guys do all week?

Back