What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

who has the edge in stinkoln?

Liver

modded mod
Club Member
Junta Member
we open as road dogs which i understand.

but, who really has the edge? the Buffs have that first game under their belts and it built their confidence for sure. it also gives the fuskers a lot of tape to look at and a lot to prepare for. we don't get to look at tape from the new scott frost era.

i'm going to say we have an edge. and i almost never think we have the edge at that soviet bloc style concrete mausoleum that they call a stadium.

I think Nebraska has to have a slight edge, what with the Buffs traveling and a pumped-up home crowd in Lincoln where there is literally nothing else to do within 500 miles. If CU can get by this one, and do fine at the home opener against NH, this season could be good.

Survive the start. I expect the Nebraska fans and team to be pumped and intense. Don’t let the crowd get to you.

I don’t see a significant improvement in the piss poor Nebraska defense. A lot of their issues on defense weren’t just coaching, it was talent and speed (something you can’t coach). Be aggressive and attack!! Attack with the bubble screens, slants, play action, running game and deep ball. Line Viska up at WR, TE, RB and unleash him. If they double up on him, our other talented wrs take control.

The Nebraska QB is a true freshman. He should still be in high school. Put serious pressure on him and force him into mistakes.

This is a very winnable game, but we need to come in ready and focused and execute.

I agree. This game is the Buffs to take and possibly in very convincing fashion. The key is going to be to stay poised in the hostile environment. I see the game atmosphere as being very similar to the Michigan game in ‘16. Only difference is that Michigan team was MUCH stronger personel wise. Come out with the confidence that they deserve to win this game and the Buffs are gonna get this one!

It is going to be loud on Saturday. I expect a fired up team and crowd.

The defensive coaches need to prove they can stop a dual-threat QB. This has been an issue since MM took over.

I see a very even game here, all factors considered.

It is going to be loud on Saturday. I expect a fired up team and crowd.

The defensive coaches need to prove they can stop a dual-threat QB. This has been an issue since MM took over.

I see a very even game here, all factors considered.
Hoping that the increased speed at LB and S will make a difference against a running QB this year. Worthington and Fisher have pretty good wheels on the back end while Lewis, Landman, Wells and Taylor can all scoot from the LBs.

I worry about their size. It seems like they are about 15 Lbs heavier than is on average.

The upside is that we seem to have a lot of positive energy right now and they don’t.

I think not playing a game before us could turn into a huge problem for them.

I say advantage goes to the buffs

Last edited:
Freshman QB means they'll try to run a lot. Especially early before our speed on O takes over the game. Sooo the key is to stop the run and force them into 3rd and long and then blitz the **** outta the Frosh.

The Corn's QB went to his Sr. Prom three months ago..he's going to be raw.
If you could say NU is the equivalent to what PAC 12 team is then who would it be ? ASU ?

The question is CU Oline versus Nub Dline. If Montez has time to do what he did Friday, edge CU. If his efficiency drops way off because players aren’t getting open in time it will be a very different game.

Expect nub corners to be far more aggressive at the LOS. I think CU can beat them over the top as a result, but only if the line can protect.

There have been so many times that I've thought we had the edge going into Stinkoln and we've lost that I don't know what to even say anymore.

I think that one thing that works in NU's favor is that the crowd and the team are going to fired up. It's the first game of what they hope is a new era. They're going to be excited. For us, no one on this current CU team feels the way most of us do about Nebraska, to them it's just another road game.

I think we have a big advantage in terms of experience, speed, and confidence, but we're still going to have weather a storm in the first few possessions. If we let them jump on us, the enthusiasm on the sidelines and in the stands will keep flowing.

I wouldn’t discount their QB because he’s a true freshman playing his first game. These kinds of guys scare me. You’d hope to put some licks on him and get him rattled but we shall see.

I wouldn’t discount their QB because he’s a true freshman playing his first game. These kinds of guys scare me. You’d hope to put some licks on him and get him rattled but we shall see.
Guarantee I don’t want to lick him.
Adrian Martinez - NO lick
CCA65AEE-32E4-4889-A2DE-7CBB7FCBA80D.jpeg

Kate Beckinsale - YES
F692B788-55AB-4E24-A35E-E758BDFB9B98.jpeg

The keys to this game are simple...

1. DL must be sound. Our LBs have some speed. If our DL can occupy their OL, I have confidence in our backers to get it done. That’s the big question mark on the whole season. It’ll be tested against a QB run scheme.

2. Can Montez be the “focused, in the moment” player we saw 98% of the csu game; or, does he freak out and short arm a throw off of his back foot into double coverage like the INT? If he can keep his cool even in an adverse environment, the Buffs roll. If not, there will be a lot of gbr aholes who will find this page.

Back