What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

who has the edge in stinkoln?

I think a true freshman QB with athleticism is a nice wild card for them. I have never viewed inexperience as a major detriment.

The inexperience factor is one area where we disagree but I do agree with you on us not knowing exactly what he will bring to the table.

In his favor is the fact that Frost was a similar style QB to him at the college level (different talents but ran an offense with similar strengths) who since then has had a good history of developing and managing QBs. It should be expected that Frost will know and use what Martinez is ready to handle and not try to make him do anything he isn't ready for.

We blitz a lot, better get home. Gotta pressure him for sure but gotta be careful since he can run.

if they really are going to rely on the RPO and a mobile qb, we could get them in the hole very quickly and keep them there. oh, man, this is going to be a long short week.

I’d love to see Davion Taylor get some PT as he could bookend Drew Lewis in containing/pressuring Martinez. Let the Landman and sticky ricky gamboa clean up the middle.

There was a heartening play in the first half against CSU. The CSU QB kept it on the option and ended up getting blown up by Landman. On replay, though, you can see Taylor got caught on the inside but was able to get off the block and catch up to Carta-Samuels and held him up for Landman.

Edit: Here it is:

Frost has compared him to Marcus Marriota.
In his first game against P5 competition (home vs. Arizona), Mariota was 20/35 for 260 yds, 2 TDs, 1 INT, 17 yds rushing on 5 attempts.

Of course, that was also for a 2012 Oregon team that had 12 wins in 2011 and only lost something like 14 Seniors, 1/3rd of whom were starters.

I'll be disapointed if nubs' quarterback does any better than that.

In his first game against P5 competition (home vs. Arizona), Mariota was 20/35 for 260 yds, 2 TDs, 1 INT, 17 yds rushing on 5 attempts.

Of course, that was also for a 2012 Oregon team that had 12 wins in 2011 and only lost something like 14 Seniors, 1/3rd of whom were starters.

I'll be disapointed if nubs' quarterback does any better than that.
That was his first game against P5. Not his first game in 2 years. He was a RS, not a true freshman. True about his team, and Arizona was 8-5 that year.

as the sun rises, i have now convinced myself that our Buffs are going to lay a beating for the ages down on the fuskers. reverend osborne may have to hand out little cups of special kool-aid to the distraught polyester clad behemoths in memorial mausoleum, just to end their suffering.

and it is only tuesday.

fuskers must be crushed.

I think we have the edge. There will be lots of emotion flying around in their heads, stadium, coaches, fans, etc.. sometimes to much emotion can hurt, that's my call. A young QB that has not taken a snap or been hit since his jr year in HS, + he has always had that green (no contact) jersey on. He has some fired up Buffs coming after him. These Buffs have game experience and have been in these environments before. These same Buffs have a game this season under their belts, and everyone says you make your biggest jump between week 1 and 2. This will be a dominating showing by our Buffs - They have something to prove.
this same freshman qb will have the weight of husker land on his shoulders/mind.

Last edited:
This game will likely come down to the same thing the CU/CSU game came down to: How both lines for CU hold up. For CU's offense, MM said on Monday that CU's OLine did a good job picking up everything the Rams tried to bring against us. CSU thought they could run right at us just like teams did all of last year. That failed miserably. The Huskers are not the Rams however, even if they are down.

As the announcer said last night about FSU: "it is hard for your offensive game plan to work when the defense is in your backfield on every play"

This game will likely come down to the same thing the CU/CSU game came down to: How both lines for CU hold up. For CU's offense, MM said on Monday that CU's OLine did a good job picking up everything the Rams tried to bring against us. CSU thought they could run right at us just like teams did all of last year. That failed miserably. The Huskers are not the Rams however, even if they are down.

As the announcer said last night about FSU: "it is hard for your offensive game plan to work when the defense is in your backfield on every play"

Front seven as a whole on defense. CSU never tested the edges, but Nebraska will at least try.

This tells me the Martinez kid may not have been smacked hard and chased full speed by a defense in over a year and a half. I think if we can get after him early and hard, thump him a good once or twice, he will be rattled the entire game. Smash him in the mouth as hard and as frequently as possible in the 1st qtr.

I think the Buffs have the edge and will easily beat the fuskers. I will be surprised if the Buffs manage to give this away.

Yep, I don't expect it to be easy, hope I'm wrong. Lincoln isn't an easy place to get a road win.

Who on the Huskers can run the scout team offense anywhere as efficiently as Montez?
Noah Vedral, transfer from UCF, who must sit out this year.
Played in 6 games for UCF as a true freshman. Was 22 of 29 for 276 yards. 1 TD, 0 INT, QB Rating 167.2
Rushed 18 times for 77 yds (4.3/ave) and 2 TDs

Last edited:
Back