What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who is our biggest rival?

Who is CU's biggest rival?

• Nebraska

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • CSU

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • Utah

Votes: 18 14.6%
  • We don't have one right now

Votes: 75 61.0%

• Total voters
Given that CSU might build their stadium, I have to say there is the potential for this rivalry growing. That decision on the stadium will come in August. That decision might have a big impact on the CU-CSU rivalry and college sports in this state.

I said it here first: I won't be shocked if the Pac-12 extends an invite to CSU down the road if that stadium gets built. This would be done to keep the Big 12 out of Colorado and Utah (BYU). I know there is some negativity towards BYU but when money speaks, you never know what could happen.

CSU-CU will be hotter than Nebraska-CU if both teams are in the same conference. Hopefully Utah-CU gets hot so maybe the conference won't have to invite CSU. That is why I have been pushing Utah hard

Given that CSU might build their stadium, I have to say there is the potential for this rivalry growing. That decision on the stadium will come in August. That decision might have a big impact on the CU-CSU rivalry and college sports in this state.

I said it here first: I won't be shocked if the Pac-12 extends an invite to CSU down the road if that stadium gets built. This would be done to keep the Big 12 out of Colorado and Utah (BYU). I know there is some negativity towards BYU but when money speaks, you never know what could happen.

CSU-CU will be hotter than Nebraska-CU if both teams are in the same conference. Hopefully Utah-CU gets hot so maybe the conference won't have to invite CSU. That is why I have been pushing Utah hard
Sigh. Remember when you said CU should join the MWC? The bolded is on the same level.

I honestly think a CSU invite to the Pac is very, very unlikely. They just don't bring enough to the table. CU won three conference titles it's first year in the league. Name me ONE sport where CSU could realistically have a shot at winning a Pac title. They would have to get a lot better, and the stadium would have to be filled every week, and there would have to be about an extra half million television sets in Northern Colorado. It's possible, but extremely unlikely, IMO.

Building a 42,000 seat stadium isn't going to get CSU an invitation to a major conference. Even if they filled it they would be a revenue drag on the conference and I see no way in the world that they come close to filling it for anything other than a game with us. They have no significant impact on the TV market, no status to the conference based on a glorious history, in short they don't add enough to justify inclusion.

Back