What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who is your all-time favorite CU running back?

I liked hearing the crowd yell, "Huuuugh" after each carry. But Bienemy sparked the crucial victories over the Nubs. So I'll pick them in no particular order.

I remember watching Byron White in person for the first time... Met him before the game in Dal Ward, and I'll never forget him running wind-sprints in the IPF of the Champions Center during the Cotton Bowl... Incredible.

Seriously though, Chris Brown is hard to top, but little 8 year-old me listening to KOA, getting mad at Zim for disrespecting CU's running back, by calling him Eric 'the enemy' is my favorite RB memory.

Is this now a conversation about "best"? I think that's different than "favorite". For me, favorite RB is a combination of productivity, team success and me personally connecting with the way the guy played & carried himself. I brought in all the stuff on stats with Taz because right now I think he's lagging on both the productivity and team success categories (he's got the 3rd thing in spades imo). With a senior year that puts him in the all-time category on those criteria, he vaults to my personal top of the heap.
This is AllBuffs - you expect people to stay on topic?

Seriously, though. "Favorite" tends to be "one of the best" by the nature of the impact they have on the field. Not necessarily the absolute best of all time, but would need to be in the top handful, IMO.

I remember watching Byron White in person for the first time... Met him before the game in Dal Ward, and I'll never forget him running wind-sprints in the IPF of the Champions Center during the Cotton Bowl... Incredible.

Seriously though, Chris Brown is hard to top, but little 8 year-old me listening to KOA, getting mad at Zim for disrespecting CU's running back, by calling him Eric 'the enemy' is my favorite RB memory.
You didn't like Eric "sleeping with Bienemy"?

Salaam and Bieniemy
Btw, Bieniemy did have a similar moment to Vickers vs csu.
In 1990, EB stiff armed a longhorn defender onto his back as he crossed the goal line

If you would allow a fan from another base to interject. I was a CU fan from an early age, since i was born in Durango, then moved to LA at 4. I have always had a soft spot for the Buffalo. Now that I have moved back to the Denver area, after being away for 55 years, I enjoy CU football even more. Since I am such an old bastard, I have to bring up an oldie, for the second time on this blog. I loved watching Cullen Bryant back in the day. He was huge, fast for his size, and just a hard nosed RB. Chris Brown went to my HS, years after I did of course, but I really enjoyed watching him as well.

I hope to be in the stands for a couple of games this year, with my 15 year old son. Went went to the home game vs USC two years ago, and we had a blast. The stadium is beautiful, and the fans were great. Good on the CU fans for being a fun crowd. We look forward to seeing some of you this year. Good luck this year, and I hope you have a great season...except for one game. :)

If you would allow a fan from another base to interject. I was a CU fan from an early age, since i was born in Durango, then moved to LA at 4. I have always had a soft spot for the Buffalo. Now that I have moved back to the Denver area, after being away for 55 years, I enjoy CU football even more. Since I am such an old bastard, I have to bring up an oldie, for the second time on this blog. I loved watching Cullen Bryant back in the day. He was huge, fast for his size, and just a hard nosed RB. Chris Brown went to my HS, years after I did of course, but I really enjoyed watching him as well.

I hope to be in the stands for a couple of games this year, with my 15 year old son. Went went to the home game vs USC two years ago, and we had a blast. The stadium is beautiful, and the fans were great. Good on the CU fans for being a fun crowd. We look forward to seeing some of you this year. Good luck this year, and I hope you have a great season...except for one game. :)
A fellow Durango person, welcome. You should interact on the board man. Oh and I hope we kick USCs ass, biggest game of the year to me.

A fellow Durango person, welcome. You should interact on the board man. Oh and I hope we kick USCs ass, biggest game of the year to me.
I was on the board year before last, and enjoyed it. I should be on more, especially since the USC board has sadly become such a political s**t show. As for kicking SCs ass, I hope you don't get your hopes up too high. :p

I was on the board year before last, and enjoyed it. I should be on more, especially since the USC board has sadly become such a political s**t show. As for kicking SCs ass, I hope you don't get your hopes up too high. :p
Yeah I'm not all that confident but one can hope lol.

Back