What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

would you be disappointed???

I've wrote this post 3 different times. I've came to the conclusion that they won't lose and if they did, I would be pissed. Not pissed that the season is over, but that they probably gave the game away.

I would be pissed. Just because I didn't expect to win this game at the beginning of the year doesn't mean I shouldn't expect it now. I expect to win this game. I'll be pissed if we lose.

I would certainly be disappointed. But only mildly so because were close to being bowl eligible and that was the goal.

On paper the game looks winnable...

Total Offense
RANKTEAMGPLAYSYDSYDS/PLAYOFF TDSTDSYPG
14Colorado756936076.343317515.3
125Stanford635318315.191016305.2
Total Defense
RANKTEAMGPLAYSYDSYDS/PLAYOFF TDSOPP TDSYPG
14Colorado747721994.611517314.1
45Stanford639122025.631616367
Our Defense v their offense
RANKTEAMGPLAYSYDSYDS/PLAYOFF TDS YPG
14Colorado D747721994.6115 314.1
125Stanford O635318315.1910 305.2
Our offense v their defense
14Colorado O756936076.3433 515.3
45Stanford D639122025.6316 367
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I would not be pissed. The reality in my mind is that the Buffs have only won one game so far this season that I didn't think they would in the preseason (Oregon).

We will beat them into pulp.

Wood and other plant materials used to make pulp contain three main components (apart from water): cellulose fibers (desired for papermaking), lignin (a three-dimensional polymer that binds the cellulose fibres together) and hemicelluloses, (shorter branched carbohydrate polymers). The main applications for pulp are paper and board production. It is also used to make ... diapers, feminine hygiene products and nonwovens.

I definitely would be disappointed, even though the same doubt that crept into my mind before Michigan and USC is creeping in yet again.

I keep telling myself that Sefo is going to make a big difference, but I can't deny that there is a huge inequality between how we have played inside the state of Colorado and outside of it.

I definitely would be disappointed, even though the same doubt that crept into my mind before Michigan and USC is creeping in yet again.

I keep telling myself that Sefo is going to make a big difference, but I can't deny that there is a huge inequality between how we have played inside the state of Colorado and outside of it.

Going to have to learn to win road games to achieve what we want, for sure. If Wazzu can go in there and win, so can we. Stanford has a favorable schedule after this. This would end up being a very nice win.

At the start of the season, most people had written this game off as a loss. I think this was the one game, almost everyone thought we would lose. Now, I'd be disappointed if we lose, big time. We don't have moral victories anymore. We've proven we can play with, and beat, any team we go against. I expect us to come out aggressive on offense and defense. I hope the team doesn't try to prove a point and try to run and run right away just to show they won't get beaten in the trenches like the previous years. Up tempo, setting up the run with the pass seems like our best bet. Their offense has really struggled this year, if we score more that 28, we win the game.

Go Buffs and how damn exciting is it to be caring about games in late October again?

Yes, I would be very disappointed with a Buffs loss, but not disheartened. Seriously, they can lose this Stanford game, and if they win out after, will very likely be the South Champs. (All that would need to happen is U$C loses another conference game to anyone, and U$C has to play Washington @ Washington.) If the Buffs lose two more conference games, then they don't deserve to win the South.

I think if Sefo hadn't been hurt CU would be undefeated right now.

I expect nothing less than a win. I won't even consider a different outcome.

He's complex, even dangerous poster
onns6BI.gif

this is going to be a rollercoaster last 5 games. stanford is much more solid in terms of program building and all that. this would be a big win for us. please do keep in mind that we still haven't proven we are a great road team. these are the types of games that separate a good team from a contender. i didn't expect to be a contender this year. if we win, i will be happy. if we lose, i don't believe in moral victories, but i am confident we won't mail it in.

every team left can beat us. every once. our Buffs can beat every team left. expect to lose some we thought we would win and expect to win some we thought we might lose. there is a long way to go.

that said, if our Buffs go 10-2, i will be giddy.

this is going to be a rollercoaster last 5 games. stanford is much more solid in terms of program building and all that. this would be a big win for us. please do keep in mind that we still haven't proven we are a great road team. these are the types of games that separate a good team from a contender. i didn't expect to be a contender this year. if we win, i will be happy. if we lose, i don't believe in moral victories, but i am confident we won't mail it in.

every team left can beat us. every once. our Buffs can beat every team left. expect to lose some we thought we would win and expect to win some we thought we might lose. there is a long way to go.

**** Nigel, if they go 8-4 I will be giddy.

Yes I would be pissed cobsidering how the freaking cougs handled them in their house.

Of course, their 2 starting db's will be back along with mcaffery as cu plays them.

Still think stanford will out physical cu in the end but think cu somehow wins this.

I think cu wins their final 4 games, is it enough to win the pac 12 south, I think so.

Seven more days of movie poop.

Hell, yes, there'll be disappointment.

Might need to squeeze out some twisted adult film themed titles if the Buffs can't put the trees down.

All true but the three home games are close to locks. Beating Oregon in their place was huge, but we didn't exactly steamroll them. Could have beat USC at their place with a couple more breaks, but probably had more than our share there already.

Bottom line, I won't be surprised if we win easily or lose handily (well maybe a little surprised if it's not close). Disappointed if we lose - of course, it seems a winnable opportunity.

Watching Cal handle Oregon (far from over), it makes me wonder how much we do struggle on the road. Or maybe Oregon does...

Very simple answer:

Yes I will be pissed. All things within the Buffs control should allow them to win the game.

I'm not that emotional on a loss, after I beat the wife, kick the dog, tell my neighbor what I really think of him, fire my staff and finish off a quart or 2 of tequila I'll just sleep it off and get ready for next week.

Back