What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Wyoming gameday thread

I would reverse that statement. OL has its issues, but the biggest problem is QB play. Nobody respects the Buffs ability to pass downfield, so it allows the LB and safties to creep up to the line of scrimmage. It's like being 1st and goal all the way down the field.

You got that right. Understand that I respect Cody's heart. He played like a warrior last week. Let's be practical though, this is as good as he's ever going to be. How was he able to be half decent in 2007? I say because he was an unknown quantity to opposing defenses. They have three years worth of tape on him now. He's short, slow, has a weak arm, doesn't read defenses well, can be rattled by a 3 man rush, poor clock manager, locks in on his favorite targets. He'll probably continue to put up his 175 yards per game but he's rocking a 5.5 YPA average. Nobody in the BigXII is going to respect that. They're going to do what wyoming couldn't and stop our running game to make Cody beat them. Has he shown anything in 3 years worth of starts to make us believe he can do that? If he was playing behind the New England Patriots line it wouldn't change his abilities. He is what he is.

Yup, the 5.5 YPA tells the story. I don't have the stats in front of me, but I believe he had no completions over 15 yards and only 2 above 10 yards.

Yup, the 5.5 YPA tells the story. I don't have the stats in front of me, but I believe he had no completions over 15 yards and only 2 above 10 yards.

The OL gets no push and for how big and strong they are supposed to be,they get pushed around. Cody has 2 wr's,espinosa and mcknight. The staff won't play simmons,wright or simas much. Those 3 yard curl routes won't give you much YPA.

Hawk and keisau couldn't wait to get simmons in and thyey never use him. We will continue to be frustrated with this because this staff doesn't understand the need for talent and speed at the wr position.

I'm glad to see they're winning. They're not getting any style points but oh well. The thing that never stops amazing me is how Cody has a ton of heart but just... can't... play very well. I think if we just had a semi-decent QB we might actually get a few wins against the better teams. His numbers against an extremely sub-par wyoming team are just sad. At this moment 13-26 146 yards 5.6 YPA. That's the best we can do at the QB position?

Yep.. :sad1: I mean you have to love the guy as a competitor, but he simply isn't a Big 12 QB. Hell, he's probably not even a D1 QB and that hurts me to say that. If he really is the best we have at QB somebody has failed in the last few years. He literally doesn't really do anything that well, hes not even very accurate. I guess I'll just have to hope to be proven wrong.

It's curious that Cody is Colorado's 3rd all-time leading passer now, given all his struggles, but he's not d-1 material? He is struggling, doesn't have athletic receivers to throw to yet (hopefully Simas and Simmons will work out as the year goes on), yet, if he doesn't get hurt and plays next year too, he is going to be CU's all-time leading passer by far. I'm not saying it isn't a struggle right now, but it would be odd to think that Colorado's all time passer isn't even considered d-1 material by some.

Well since he's going to be a 4 year starter, he probably better be the leading all time passer. We've also been losing in most of the games he has started so naturally we're going to throw the ball 64 times a game. I really don't buy into the all time leading passer stuff, I mean if Koy or Kordell started for 4 years, obviously they'd be the leading passers. Calling Cody not a D1 player may be harsh, but I honestly didn't think Wyoming's QBs looked much worse than Cody normally does and they're adjusting to a new scheme and a new school.

I think any other coach plays Hansen rather than sit him for his RS. I will never understand how his RS is more important than winning now.

But we have bigger problems than Cody. This team needs to go back to work on fundamentals: blocking, tackling, hiking...

It's curious that Cody is Colorado's 3rd all-time leading passer now, given all his struggles, but he's not d-1 material? He is struggling, doesn't have athletic receivers to throw to yet (hopefully Simas and Simmons will work out as the year goes on), yet, if he doesn't get hurt and plays next year too, he is going to be CU's all-time leading passer by far. I'm not saying it isn't a struggle right now, but it would be odd to think that Colorado's all time passer isn't even considered d-1 material by some.

:lol::lol: You funny

Well since he's going to be a 4 year starter, he probably better be the leading all time passer. We've also been losing in most of the games he has started so naturally we're going to throw the ball 64 times a game. I really don't buy into the all time leading passer stuff, I mean if Koy or Kordell started for 4 years, obviously they'd be the leading passers. Calling Cody not a D1 player may be harsh, but I honestly didn't think Wyoming's QBs looked much worse than Cody normally does and they're adjusting to a new scheme and a new school.

That just shows how ****ty our QB recruiting and development has been.

The coaches have elected to start Cody, so I assume he's the best option. However, I wouldn't hitch my wagon to the "all time passing leader" BS. CU was an option team until Coach Mac switched over to more pro set in the mid 90's (sort of mid-career for Kordell). Most players waited their turn rather than start as a RS frosh, so if Cody ends up with the passing record, it's because he's a 4 year starter, not because he's the best QB in CU history. Working backwards off the top of my head, we had BJAX, Klatt, Hodge, Pez, Moschetti, Ochs, and Koy. Other than Koy, not exactly stiff competition and most were not 4 year starters and/or played in run first offenses. All time passing leader means absolutely nothing.

Back